S Nick Collins unhappy in Green Bay ...

GREEN BAY -- Green Bay Packers Pro Bowl safety Nick Collins did not report to the team's offseason strength and conditioning program when it kicked off on Monday because he wants a contract extension and the club has not engaged in any talks with him or his representatives, an NFL source said Thursday evening.

Quote:Collins attended the organization's annual FanFest last weekend and told reporters that he would be at the offseason program. But after talking with coach Mike McCarthy, defensive coordinator Dom Capers and general manager Ted Thompson and learning that there were no contract negotiations on the horizon, Collins opted not to report on Monday.

Do we really want someone who is whining about a contract while he's still under one? I wonder how long he has left on his current contract. I understand maybe if it's his final year and he wants to get signed before risking injury but I don't want no Chad Johnson crap where they have a ton of years left but want to get more money. I guess it depends on the situation but I worry about whiners.

Do we really want someone who is whining about a contract while he's still under one? I wonder how long he has left on his current contract. I understand maybe if it's his final year and he wants to get signed before risking injury but I don't want no Chad Johnson crap where they have a ton of years left but want to get more money. I guess it depends on the situation but I worry about whiners.

he is entering final year I can understand that espcially being a pro bowl player in prime ..

he is entering final year I can understand that espcially being a pro bowl player in prime ..

I can understand that. No one wants to risk injury when they have played themselves into a big contract and they are in their final year. It would be cool if TD would go get him. What would we be willing to give up to get him? I say a 3rd. Maybe a 3rd and a 6th this year or a 5th next year. Is that too much?

hey i will take him, we need him maybe he would like it here a little better, sign him to a new contract and you will have a happey pro bowl safty which we need badly. the falcons needed to make a move in free agency or a trade this offseason on the defensive side of the ball and this could be the last chance. i don't care if he whines as long as he plays. just my opinion.

TAKE IT EASY ON ME GHOST RIDER!!!!

hey i will take him, we need him maybe he would like it here a little better, sign him to a new contract and you will have a happey pro bowl safty which we need badly. the falcons needed to make a move in free agency or a trade this offseason on the defensive side of the ball and this could be the last chance. i don't care if he whines as long as he plays. just my opinion.

TAKE IT EASY ON ME GHOST RIDER!!!!

:lol: I'll take it easy on you because SwiftHitter just informed me he is in the last year of his contract. That's understandable becuase he earned the right at a big contract for his next contract and he doesn't want to risk injury. I understand that. I wouldn't mind going to get him but I really am excited too about seeing what Decoud can do. He has a lot of speed to burn and that is what we've lacked at safety for years.

my thoughts exactly!

moving his luggage to a new town won't solve inner problems

I'd take that in a heartbeat. Given the market in this offseason (Cassell for a 2nd, Peppers possibly for a second), we wouldn't have to give up much to get him.

EDIT: He's from Gainesville...close enough. Bring this guy home!

good point ..he is also a restricted free agent next year in a uncap year ...If the Packers are not willing to open up negotations with him im sure there not going to pay him next year either so why not inquire about him ..

my thoughts exactly!

moving his luggage to a new town won't solve inner problems

How is that inner problems..guy is a pro bowl safety in his final year of a contract he is looking out for his ..In today NFL a front office can cut a player at any time regardless of his contract ..

Im sorry the only sure thing these players have is guarntees in the contract ..Im sure if we trade for him and sign him long term he wouldnt be looking for a new contract 2 years down the road hes not that type of player

How is that inner problems..guy is a pro bowl safety in his final year of a contract he is looking out for his ..In today NFL a front office can cut a player at any time regardless of his contract ..

Im sorry the only sure thing these players have is guarntees in the contract ..Im sure if we trade for him and sign him long term he wouldnt be looking for a new contract 2 years down the road hes not that type of player

Exactly. In football, you're always one hit away from never playing again. Having guaranteed money is important. He's not being a jerk, he just wants insurance on his career. A nice sign and trade would work out perfectly. He's better and younger than any of the free agents in this year's pool.

Who would we trade for him or what draft pick? Personally I wouldn't give them any draft pick above our #4 for him. If we have to give up any more than that Id rather let DeCoud play.

I'd bet our 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks this year will immediately make a positive impact on our team this year. They are just too valuable to give up for a Nick Collins.