derrick brooks

silversnake

I have watched the falcons since the gritz blitz days and I just dont understand not making any moves in FA. Derrick Brooks whipped the Falcons *** every time they played for ten years. Why would you not want that guy. I know hes older but of all the veteran line backers in Fa this guy is the best. Roy williams? Chris Mcallister? we lost a lot of defensive players.

I have watched the falcons since the gritz blitz days and I just dont understand not making any moves in FA. Derrick Brooks whipped the Falcons *** every time they played for ten years. Why would you not want that guy. I know hes older but of all the veteran line backers in Fa this guy is the best. Roy williams? Chris Mcallister? we lost a lot of defensive players.

You answered your own question. We haven't signed him because he kicked our ***** for 10 YEARS. ...which means he's been in the league forever.

we dont need any older backers but if its youth were looking for why did we get rid of boley?

Because he sucked in this new system. He lost his starting job to a career backup. That's how bad he was playing. I actually think he will do good in NY at WLB and make us regret it a bit but he still didn't fit this system. I wish we would have tried him at WLB ourselves but Smitty and TD must have thought he wasn't a good fit because they didn't even try to keep him.

Milloy is available, too.

We really didn't loose a bunch a defensive players, we let them go. We lost Foxy and we lost Brooking for the backup role they wanted him to fill. That's really it. TD and Smitty purposely let the others walk. Only one that would have started would have been Fox so really we only lost 1 potential starter. The rest were let go and the defense wasn't that good with them. TD and Smitty are going with young players mostly already on this roster. They see Decoud and Nicholas and these other guys in practice so they know if they can start in this league. Looks like they think they can. I wouldn't want Roy Williams because he will be a project at LB and he's to old to be a project. That is why he's still on the market. McCallister was very good in his Hay day but has had way too many injuries to bring in. That's why he remains unsigned too. We are not missing many pieces because the young guys on this team were already expected to step up next year anyway.

i can see us getting him if wanted to play in a back up role. I think he beleives he can still start. Personally i think he can too. But here in atlanta we are trying to build for the long run and he will fit he if we can bring in the future at his spot and let them split time and then Brooks giving up the spot to the youngster. I dont see him wanting to do that just yet. He will want to be able to play for the starting spot and want to keep it for a while. He will look past us on that reason alone.

He's lost about as much as Brooking. He doesn't have much left and that's why he is still unsigned. Peterson might be older but he still plays at a high level. He's lost some but still has plenty.

Brooks is 4 yearsolder than Peterson. Peterson still has starter speed. Brooks is done, and he wants way more money.

Just say no... :)
I think it would be cool to get him for a year or two.. He would be great leadership even if he didn't start.

I think it would be cool to sign him, just to let him walk out on the field in RJS in another team's uniform. Then, in a total act of spite, sit him so that the Bucs fans gets to have their last memory of him as a ride-the-pine back-up for the opposing team who couldn't play. :angry:

No, I'm not bitter much. :P