IS THIS THE END OF FREE AGENCY FOR US?

I keep thinking of the holes we have and do we currently have the right players on the roster for us to take the next level!! I see a hole at TE,DT!!!!!, CB and Safety!! Let me explain: TE Peele,Hartsock= Good blockers but catching the ball downfield like Crumpler NO!!!, CB Hutchins(if he is 100%healthy),Houston,Grimes,Sharpe,C.Jackson all good but dont we need a player like Chris Mccallister or Samari Rolle?, Safety= Coleman, Decoud, well not very impressive good players but not great I would like to see Roy Williams!! OH DT!!! Scary-- We need a big man- Trey Lewis, Babs,Jefferson if all healthy ok but we need a huge player here to help pass rush and clog holes!! Sean Rogers!! Ok I know I am dreaming getting even 2 of these players but I hope at least 1!!

OK. I can agree with some of that. You did forget Von Hutchins. He can play safety or corner. I think we are done for the most part. If you see us add anything else it will be strictly for depth and camp bodies. I think our starters are in place but will be competing with any rookies we might bring in.

Keep in mind, there are plenty of things that can still happen. Look at all of those teams that are capped to the max. Oakland have a very high draft pick that they won't be able to sign. People will start getting cut more and more soon. Then, I have a feeling that there will be some big time trades. Not, and during the draft.

Just stop letting those potential or past superstar names fool you.

OK. I can agree with some of that. You did forget Von Hutchins. He can play safety or corner. I think we are done for the most part. If you see us add anything else it will be strictly for depth and camp bodies. I think our starters are in place but will be competing with any rookies we might bring in.

He mentioned Von Hutchins and the fact that we still don't know what he can do due to injury. I believe that we will make a couple more moves in FA. there are a lot of FAs out there that the price tag is getting lower and lower. I think we can get a couple of "has beens" for the veteran minimum. I would take a Brooks or McCallister or even Tank. I know they are on the downside and not popular but they can be some stop gaps while we get these young players ready.

I don't think this is the end for F/a.the fact is look at the pats every year they tend to sign older seemingly big F/A in the latter part of the year right before spring training sometimes later.john lynch signed late, peppers will probably be signed late, moss i beleive was signed late delta oneil signed late so if we are going there way we should see atleast 1 older player that is good signed late unless peterson is the guy, but he does'nt fit the profile. i say look for a big name that has been forgotten about like henderson or some other older guy.

I keep thinking of the holes we have and do we currently have the right players on the roster for us to take the next level!! I see a hole at TE,DT!!!!!, CB and Safety!! Let me explain: TE Peele,Hartsock= Good blockers but catching the ball downfield like Crumpler NO!!!, CB Hutchins(if he is 100%healthy),Houston,Grimes,Sharpe,C.Jackson all good but dont we need a player like Chris Mccallister or Samari Rolle?, Safety= Coleman, Decoud, well not very impressive good players but not great I would like to see Roy Williams!! OH DT!!! Scary-- We need a big man- Trey Lewis, Babs,Jefferson if all healthy ok but we need a huge player here to help pass rush and clog holes!! Sean Rogers!! Ok I know I am dreaming getting even 2 of these players but I hope at least 1!!

I was right there with you untill you siad something about Roy williams.... as soon as i read that i knew everything you said came out of you B eye. Just sit back bud and enjoy the show. ;)

The End?

We never had a beginning in FA

Tell me one thing, what took so long to decide thatLJ Smith couldn't block?

It took one Google search to reach that conclusion for me.

The Falcon FO considered LJ Smith for a month.

you are some guy sitting on a comp trying to look football savy.... the FO they get paid more than you even know to do more than just google there bud. I cant stand posters like you. Get a clue they know more about football then you ever will.

and yes poster not fan. <_<

So if we had it your way, we would sign Chris McAlister, Roy Williams, and Shaun Rodgers.

Chris McAlister - 31

Roy Williams - 28

Shaun Rogers - 30

All 3 are older players and are on the decline. Roy Williams is the only one not 30 or older, and he is worse in coverage than Milloy.

The End?

We never had a beginning in FA

Tell me one thing, what took so long to decide thatLJ Smith couldn't block?

It took one Google search to reach that conclusion for me.

The Falcon FO considered LJ Smith for a month.

For someone who claims to be an adult, you act like an absolute child.

TD just shat out an absolute grade A miracle last season and you're acting like it's another year under Rich McKay or TD has any kind of history with losing.

Free Agency doesn't end until July or the beginning of Training Camp!!!! We'll probably make some more moves after the draft if we need to. After the draft we can still sign Free Agents for another 2 months at least so don't count it out. Remember Domonique Foxworth and how we got him?

I keep thinking of all the holes we currently have on our roster, and how the players we currently have, are not enough to reach the next level.

I see problems at TE, DT, CB, and Safety. First, at TE, Justin Peele and Ben Hartsock are quality blockers, but they're not receiving threats like we had in Alge Crumpler.

Second, at cornerback, we have Hutchins, Houston, Grimes, Sharpe, and Jackson. These are good players, but don't we need a CB making top 10 money when they're over the age of 30?

Third, at safety, we have Coleman and Decoud. This is not very impressive. They're good players, but not great. Instead I would rather see Roy Williams. Even though he cannot play against the pass, I've heard his name alot on ESPN, and he was rated very high in the last 4 Maddens.

Lastly, DT. We need a big man; Trey Lewis, Babineaux, Jefferson, if healthy, are okay players, but we need a larger player here to help with out pass rush and to clog holes. I think we should get Sean Rogers. I know I'm dreaming even we get two of these players, but I really hope we get one of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There, now that I've translated. Here are my thoughts:

Many here and in the sports world agree that we need a receiving threat tight end. However, when Winslow was shopped, we didn't pursue, which means either we will draft one, or we won't get one. Simple as that.

At cornerback, you mentioned Rolle and McCallister. Who are 32 and 31 respectively. Not to mention, neither has been able to stay healthy the last 2 years. We attempted to keep Foxworth, which means we probably are going to be looking for another CB. However, giving an aging player his last pay day is more than likely not what we're looking for.

At safety, you suggested Roy Williams. The same player who has been heavily criticized for his inability to play against the pass. Was released for apparently no reason other than his salary was higher than his play warranted, and has been on the market without signing anywhere else for a couple of weeks now. There is a reason Roy Williams is unemployed. The ESPN / Dallas hype machines made Roy Williams the name he was, not his play. Did you see how quick Brian Dawkins was signed? Because he is a quality safety that can play run or pass. Roy Williams is not. He is in fact more famous imo for his horse collar tackle than his level of play.

Finally, you said we need a "big man" up front. Granted Trey Lewis and Jefferson are relatively unproven. Many, including myself, firmly believe we might have a relatively solid interior defensive line. Size does not mean the player is "great". Grady Jackson was an average DT at 350 or so pounds. Also, there are reports that Rogers is unhappy in Cleveland, has there been any hint that they are shopping him?

I honestly do not feel like we are in trouble....... I feel like allot of you guys are over thinking things...... We may sign a another freeagent but wait untill after the draft to say what our needs really are..... I want to see what TD is going to do with this 2009 draft......

CB: This draft is full of cover 2 CBs...... Remember during the Quitrino administration Coach Zimmer said that he believe that David Irons could start in D-Hall spot (if traded)... David Irons was projected as a 2nd round pick but he fell to the 6 round because of his knee surgery and his learning disability.... Irons is 100% over his knee surgery but they said it takes him about a year to really learn a scheme.... its been a year ( David Irons ) .... We also have Chevis Jackson who looked really good as our nickleback ... I'm sure Jackson will get a chance to win the starting job... We also have Von Hutchins and Brent Grimes

LB: We are not in desperate need of a start now LB... We can get a guy and groom him.....

DT: I really like Trey Lewis...... In 2007 (when trey lewis started) we only allowed four 100 yard games.... I really believe that our run Defense will improve...... We will add another big DT in the draft to rotate with Trey

Safety: We have Thomas Decoud..... TD saw something in Thomas Decoud...... We will draft a guy to compete with Thomas Decoud

I feel like we will draft guys that fits our scheme........ You guys act like we have no one in those positions but we do....... I feel like if we can improve our pass rush every other position will automatically improve (example... The Giants)...... Before the Giants won the super bowl their DBs looked terrible...... Corey Webster (who just signed a 5 year, $43.5 million contract) was benched because dude was getting burnt left and right...... Aaron Ross looked terrible his first couple of games...... The Giants learn how to generate a pass rush.... now everybody on their whole D look Elite...... Last year freakin Chase Blackburn and Danny Clark was the Giants starting Linebackers but that D-Line makes everybody look good.

Everybody on our D will look better if we can generate a consistent pass rush.... Beside Abe no one had more then 4 sacks last year..... Getting a consistent pass rush is like finding a good QB..... It seem like everything else just fall in place.

Sidenote: Chris McAlister said that he will be healthy in May...... So no one will sign till he can pass the physical

We are in good shape. Look at our backups

Qb - Redman, Shockley

RB - Norwood, Selling

TE - Peele

WR - Douglas, Robinson

OL - Stepanovich, Wilkerson, Romberg

DE - Chauncey (or Anderson) , Bierman, Fraser

DT - Moorehead

LB - Wire

CB - Hutchins, Grimes

We already have good mid-round draft selections and/or experienced veterans at most positions. Add a good young OLB, DT, S, CB and OT or TE with our first 5 picks of this draft, and we will have a very good roster with depth across the board...

I keep thinking of all the holes we currently have on our roster, and how the players we currently have, are not enough to reach the next level.

Hw can you say that our current players are not enough?

Do you think all of the draft pick we've added in the last 2 years such as Ryan, Blalock, Baker, Robinson, Douglas, Anderson, Bierman, Nicholas, James, Decoud, Jackosn and Houston (and these are just the higher and mid round picks) have reached their peak? Most players steadily improve for 3 years before they "find their feet" at this level, and often take 4 or 5 years to reach their peak. Those guys are the future of the team. That's why we haven't broken the bank for overhyped free agents this year.

As for holes, we don't thave that many:-

DT - We Need a good young NT to push Lewis for the starting job

OLB - I'm happy with Nicholas and Peterson, but I'd look at add a quality backup at the very least.

Receiving TE

S - I'm happy with Decoud and Coleman, but we have no decent depth so we need at a quality backup at the least

CB - we lateady have 4 solid young CBs, but I can see a lot of sense in adding another in rounds 1-5.

OT/OG - Not an urgent need, but (depending on what happens with the CBA) we could potentially lose the right side of our line to free Agency next year. If we aren't happy with Claybo and Dahl, there is metrit in adding another lineman early this year.

i agree we just need some depth a needy positions before we go for some superstar. our starters are pretty good but not solid as many of them are young.but this just means they will have to step up or get out.trey lewis big guy and quick on his feet all our corners are pretty solid actually not superstars but good enough to hold consitently. at LB we are ok with the perterson signing,gilbert ,coy and nicholas, should play decent in combonation. o-line is soid with the signings we have made though untested. but safety is a need if decoud starts and goes down we are down to 3 guys,fudge,brock and coleman.we need 1 more guy their and if that 1 guy is better than the guys we have thats a plus, coleman seems to be good but withut him we will need some leadership so i hope he stays healthy all season if not we may need F/A in this area. at WR we are good all solid but no real speed threat other than roddy.at running back it's intresting can snelling or brown replace turner if he was to fall,norwood is their but our ofeense needs a power back. if turner does fall we may need F/A here also maybe deuce mccalister or another big guy who can share with these smaller backs.especially in the redzone.we are playing russian roulette only haveing one FB, if mugheili goes down a TE takes his place and then we only have 2 TE and no sub so an OT must move at TE some times. so depth is critical but overall the starters i think are here.