What artist or group got you introduced into another genre of music?

Statick

I honestly don't have a clue what song put me on Rap and R&B. I guess I was born listening to it.

So was I. I was asking if you liked another genre of music and, if so, what turned you onto it?

Another example: I love classical jazz due to listening to Gangstarr and ATCQ.

My Aunt put me on to Hip Hop, Funk & Rock, she used to be a DJ in NY & gave me most of my 70s & 80s funk records. As far as naming a sample goes, I am scary good.. lol ask Shaud.

I always been a big fan of melodies so that is what got me into Soft Rock & R&B but I wasnt heavy into that until I started skirt chasin lol

I went to Puerto Rico when I was first hired on the radio when I was 16 & thats when I fell in love w/ reggae ****. I saw when the DJ played Murder She Wrote how the audience exploded & my jaw dropped.

My dad showed me pictures from an Earth Wind and Fire Concert he and my mother went to and I asked him why they all dressed like that and he told me because they were in the Funk, didn't understand that so I started listening to Earth Wind and Fire, Ohio Players, The Commodores, War, Kool & the Gang, The Gap Band and Afrika Bambaataa which brought it all full circle for me to see that Rap is just a spin off of other Genres.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

My Homeboy Tito (R.I.P. big dog). started me listening to Najee. The first album Najee's Theme. I ahve been hooked to Smooth Jazz ever since. Since I grew up in the 80's, I have to say that when Z-93 played top 40 music I heard Jesse's Girl from Rick Springsteen and been a top 40 nut ever since. Outside of my love for British 80's bands. Duran Duran, Pet shop boys, U2,Culture Club, Wham , even though they were gay as hades. :lol:

My father turned me on to Kenny G, but outside of him I don't really listen to any other soloist

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

My brother turned me on to Yanni, but I have no ideal where he would be categorized as? :huh: :huh: