So everyone that says Mocjeal Johnson is just a 3rd

Because thats what he is now. Whether you like it or not Johnson can flat out get to the QB and how can a guy that high not be able to play the run? That doesnt make sense.

Nicholas Lofton Peterson, they have big bodies and they are faster than what we had last year, and they will be able to fill gaps if need. They improved our LB core from last year easily.

And all you idiots that say Jamaal cant play the run are being ignorant, If hwe cant pass rush or play the run then why did he start???? With those 3 guys starting at LB our DT's and DE's will actually be able to make plays because all of those guys are relentless. Babs, Lewis, Moorehead, and who ever we draft, oh by the way Jamaal to will be able to play better because we now have the guys to run our D at LB.

So to bash on Johnson is stupid, he easily upgrades what we couldnt do outside of Abe and that is to get to the QB which will help our young secondary.

Abe is one of, if not the best pass rusher in the NFL. He is also very good against the run, they just limit his snaps to keep him at full speed since he is getting older.

MJ is a halfway decent college rusher with good measurables and questionable smarts and work ethic. You admit he isn't very good against the run, I don't even think he will be very good as a pass rusher in the NFL. Jamaal was a better pass rusher in college and he played in a tougher conference.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to compare him to Abe. Go slap yourself for being a Tech homer, worse than a UGA homer, at they have a history of sucessful NFL players.

Abe is one of, if not the best pass rusher in the NFL. He is also very good against the run, they just limit his snaps to keep him at full speed since he is gettingbolder.

MJ is a halfway decent college rusher with good measurables and questionable smarts and work ethic. You admit he isn't very good against the run, I don't even think he will be very good as a pass rusher in the NFL. Jamaal was a better pass rusher in college and he played in a tougher conference.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to compare him to Abe. Go slap yourself for being a Tech homer, worse than a UGA homer, at they have a history of sucessful NFL players.

that fact that you are questioning his work ethic shows that you know nothing at all about him, he was praised for being the hardest worker on the team by his teammates and coaches in college. . .the only thing you can knock him for his shying away from contact sometimes against the run, but to say he isn't smart and doesn't work hard is ignorant

I didnt compare him to Abe and trust me I'm not a fan of any college team. The confrence doesnt matter tell me where Dwight Freeney And LT came from. And that will show you the conference dont matter at all. But I just dont understan if he was a half way decent pass rusher in college and a half way decent run stopper then why is he projected to go in the 1st rd.?

Please answer

Abe is one of, if not the best pass rusher in the NFL. He is also very good against the run, they just limit his snaps to keep him at full speed since he is getting older.

Great post

What hs MJ done in the NFL, oh yeah absolutey nothing

I didnt compare him to Abe and trust me I'm not a fan of any college team. The confrence doesnt matter tell me where Dwight Freeney And LT came from. And that will show you the conference dont matter at all. But I just dont understan if he was a half way decent pass rusher in college and a half way decent run stopper then why is he projected to go in the 1st rd.?

Please answer

Alright, I'll take the bait.

Because of his measurables. Not his ability to play football.... Much like our friend Jamaal Anderson. NFL GMs and Coaches all have very big egos. They think they can take any great athelete and make him a great football player. I'm glad TD doesn't work like that. He looks for how a person plays, not how fast they run or how much they bench.

And you did to compare him to Abe. You said if we don't like MJ then we can't like Abe.... That's ******** logic, or lack thereof.

Oh, wait..... We are talking about Mocjeal Johnson. I thought we were talking about Michael Johnson. Nevermind, Mocjeal is AWESOME!!

Alright, I'll take the bait.

Because of his measurables. Not his ability to play football.... Much like our friend Jamaal Anderson. NFL GMs and Coaches all have very big egos. They think they can take any great athelete and make him a great football player. I'm glad TD doesn't work like that. He looks for how a person plays, not how fast they run or how much they bench.

And you did to compare him to Abe. You said if we don't like MJ then we can't like Abe.... That's ******** logic, or lack thereof.

Oh, wait..... We are talking about Mocjeal Johnson. I thought we were talking about Michael Johnson. Nevermind, Mocjeal is AWESOME!!

So what are you going to say if and when we take Micheal or Mocjeal at the 24 pick, since you think that TD doesn't work like that.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I like Michael Johnson I'm just not sure thats the type of DE that Smith and TD are looking for. Remeber we run the 335 in nickel and It would be smart if we get a player that can line up and play DE or LB.

Michael Johnson is a pure pass rusher and hes pretty good at it at the college level. He will most likely be good at the NFL level as well but he definitely isn't a hybrid DE/LB.

Someone like Larry English(if available) or Connor Barwin would be much better suited in our scheme.

that fact that you are questioning his work ethic shows that you know nothing at all about him, he was praised for being the hardest worker on the team by his teammates and coaches in college. . .the only thing you can knock him for his shying away from contact sometimes against the run, but to say he isn't smart and doesn't work hard is ignorant

wow, because it really didnt translate on the field....just one more reason he didnt start until his senior season