My Thoughts on Chris Houston

Jaymadd

I was thinking about our CB situation and whether we would draft a CB high. I began to think about Chris Houston and the fact that he has only played two years and declared for the draft early in 2007. I also thought about the fact that he was playing under a different scheme from 2007. I really like Houston speed and aggressiveness and i think that another year in the system and with our coaching staff may do him wonders. We may see a different Chris Houston next year, especially since he appears to be working harder to become a better CB. He was never really beat on two many plays he just had problems finding the ball and making a play on the ball. His ball skill are the missing link to his game, I dont think we will see alot of Int's next year, but we will see the steps that he is taking to improve his ball skills. Look for alot of batted balls from Houston next year. We have two promising young corners in Heavy Chevy and Chris Houston. I am indifferent in regards to drafting a CB, especially with Hutchins and Grimes(just resigned) being able to play the nickel and dime.

Just a day in the life and mind of Jaymadd :D:lol:

Didnt U say we should trade him like last week? Haha just bustin your balls man. I agree with U on Houston. If he had Chevy's ballskills, or if Chevy had his physical skills, then they would be top 5 CBs in the NFL. But even as is, they can easily be the best duo in the NFC South, and be top 3 in the NFC, with the Eagles and Vikings.

I still think he would be better suited to play in the slot as a nickel-back. He is physical at the line and is not the best in zone. But I do think he is very talented and will be a productive CB for quite some time.

I agree with you that he is learning to be more of a zone corner, because he has been accustomed to playing Man in college and in 07 with Zimmerman (I really thought he was going to do wonders for our Defense.

Didnt U say we should trade him like last week? Haha just bustin your balls man. I agree with U on Houston. If he had Chevy's ballskills, or if Chevy had his physical skills, then they would be top 5 CBs in the NFL. But even as is, they can easily be the best duo in the NFC South, and be top 3 in the NFC, with the Eagles and Vikings.

I didnt say we should trade him, I was just wondering what his trade value would be. I put it like this, I posted that to help change my outlook on HOuston. I think that if he works his butt off on becoming a better zone corner he can do it and be successful. I also that another CB that is better suited to play Cover 2 would be further along the learning curve than Houston, but Houston has alot of potential mainly because of his speed. I am just looking forward to alot of batted balls from Chris Houston as opposed to INTs. YOu dont miss anything Tony. :lol::D

Houston has one lapse at least every 2 games where he gives up a touchdown. He is not a good zone Corner. He isn't physical and doesn't look for the Interception.

If we could trade him I would be all for it. He was MUCH better in his rookie year when he was playing more Man Coverage. He started getting beat when teams were focusing on him.

He is a better fit in a Man Scheme and If we can package up some sorta of a deal to gets us an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder, I am ALL for it.

I think houston will be a better CB this year. People seem to forget. THIS IS HIS 3RD YEAR.. Hello people. Give the man a chance. You're already trying to trade him. It takes a minute before you can tell what you really have. Every once in a BLUE MOON you will have a Prime Time or champ at CB. This doesn't happen to often. Houston will be fine.

I still really like Houston a whole lot and I think he's got a lot of upside and room for improvement. I don't know where people got the idea that he isn't a physical corner. Sure, he might get turned around once in a while, but there are a lot of good experienced corners in this league that make that same mistake. He is so blessed with such amazing physical tools that I would be surprised if he didn't turn into an elite corner in the near future (even in the cover two)