Real Hip Hop Heads...

Statick

she's been back. Put out an album about 3\4 years ago. Supposedly Digable are working on new material.

I thought I was late. :P As for a new Digable album: Please God let this be true.

It would be the first album I've bought in years. The last one I bought was To the Five Bouroughs by The Beastie Boys.

:lol: wow it's been that long?

Yeah, since I learned how to download for free I haven't bought jack. :P

I will spend money to support artists that I love though...the ones who are still making albums that get no radio play, like De La Soul, Common, Mos Def, Beasties, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, etc.

Yeah, since I learned how to download for free I haven't bought jack. :P

I will spend money to support artists that I love though...the ones who are still making albums that get no radio play, like De La Soul, Common, Mos Def, Beasties, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, etc.

Man I swear you and I have the SAME exact taste in music. Real hip hop and neo soul!

Man I swear you and I have the SAME exact taste in music. Real hip hop and neo soul!

There aren't alot of us out there with good taste. :lol:

Have you've noticed the quality of albums in the last ten years? They're usually released with one hit with alot of album filler. Most nowadays are party cuts that feature the music moreso than the lyrics. Heck, you'd be lucky to get a couple of stanzas of lyrics in a song nowadays before it repeats itself. Most artists nowadays are so unimaginative, its shameful. As for albums having one hit, the record companies realize this and won't release it on a single, that way you'll have to buy the entire album.

There aren't alot of us out there with good taste. :lol:

Have you've noticed the quality of albums in the last ten years? They're usually released with one hit with alot of album filler. Most nowadays are party cuts that feature the music moreso than the lyrics. Heck, you'd be lucky to get a couple of stanzas of lyrics in a song nowadays before it repeats itself. Most artists nowadays are so unimaginative, its shameful. As for albums having one hit, the record companies realize this and won't release it on a single, that way you'll have to buy the entire album.

I've noticed that, I was just telling my wife that there was a time where a CD could have maybe 10 tracks on it but you knew at least 8 where going to be hot and worthy of being a top single. And the creativity is gone, nobody wants to use live instruments in their music anymore too and nobody is willing to try something out of the box. It's all club bangers or snappin' music. The sad part is it's even affecting a genre of music nobody seems to talk about much, Gospel. I'm a huge gospel music lover and even that is falling off BIG TIME. And to think instead of realizing that's why music as a whole is suffering in sales they blame it on piracy and still won't push the artist to come out with something worth while.

This track is straight fire and I was not a huge Digable Planet fan, well because at the time when they first came out I was so young in the mid 90's. Thanks Statick you just turned me on to a new group. :D :D :D :D :D

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This track is straight fire and I was not a huge Digable Planet fan, well because at the time when they first came out I was so young in the mid 90's. Thanks Statick you just turned me on to a new group. :D :D :D :D :D

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Always happy to lend a helping hand away from the crap. ;)

Remix is also hot. :D :D :D :D :D

I know alot of people who are working with Cee Knowledge and he always talks about it. Says they recorded. Even saw Butterfly at a Camp Lo show here last year and he mentioned. They probably have recorded one but the thing is does a label care about it and is there a fan base to sustain an album. Hopefully they can find an indy like fat beats or something who will put it out.

And the dude who hasnt bought an album since the beastie's joint. i can give you a few nationally available underground artist who i think you would enjoy or atleast feel ok about about buying.

I know alot of people who are working with Cee Knowledge and he always talks about it. Says they recorded. Even saw Butterfly at a Camp Lo show here last year and he mentioned. They probably have recorded one but the thing is does a label care about it and is there a fan base to sustain an album. Hopefully they can find an indy like fat beats or something who will put it out.

And the dude who hasnt bought an album since the beastie's joint. i can give you a few nationally available underground artist who i think you would enjoy or atleast feel ok about about buying.

PM me the names and I'll give them a look.