Halo Wars Reaches One Million Sales

Microsoft announced today that Halo Wars has reached more than one million sales worldwide, making it the most sucessful real-time strategy game on any current generation console.

Full press release:

LONDON – 19th March 2009 - Microsoft today announced that sales of “Halo Wars” have reached more than one million units worldwide, making the exclusive Xbox 360 title the best selling real-time strategy game on any current generation console. With a revolutionary control scheme designed expressly for the Xbox 360 controller and a riveting story that takes “Halo” fans deeper into the “Halo” universe, “Halo Wars” is breaking new ground for the strategy genre by introducing a new wave of fans to strategy games and reminding existing fans why it’s so fun.

Set in the year 2525, “Halo Wars” takes players on a perilous journey through the famed “Halo” universe. As players take the command seat in the early, epic battles between the UNSC and Covenant, they will begin to unravel events 20 years before “Halo: Combat Evolved” that shaped the franchise into what it is today.

Since the game’s release throughout Asia on February 26 and subsequent launches in Europe and the Americas, fans around the world have been taking full advantage of “Halo Wars’” rich Xbox LIVE gameplay. To date:

· There have been more than 2.6 million multiplayer matches played

· More than 118 years of time has been spent in multiplayer matches on Xbox LIVE

· On average, more than 200,000 “Halo Wars” fans have taken up arms in battles between the UNSC and Covenant each day

· For more statistics and game information, fans can visit the official stats page at: link

Story link

Microsoft announced today that Halo Wars has reached more than one million sales worldwide, making it the most sucessful real-time strategy game on any current generation console.

Full press release:

LONDON – 19th March 2009 - Microsoft today announced that sales of “Halo Wars” have reached more than one million units worldwide, making the exclusive Xbox 360 title the best selling real-time strategy game on any current generation console. With a revolutionary control scheme designed expressly for the Xbox 360 controller and a riveting story that takes “Halo” fans deeper into the “Halo” universe, “Halo Wars” is breaking new ground for the strategy genre by introducing a new wave of fans to strategy games and reminding existing fans why it’s so fun.

Set in the year 2525, “Halo Wars” takes players on a perilous journey through the famed “Halo” universe. As players take the command seat in the early, epic battles between the UNSC and Covenant, they will begin to unravel events 20 years before “Halo: Combat Evolved” that shaped the franchise into what it is today.

Since the game’s release throughout Asia on February 26 and subsequent launches in Europe and the Americas, fans around the world have been taking full advantage of “Halo Wars’” rich Xbox LIVE gameplay. To date:

· There have been more than 2.6 million multiplayer matches played

· More than 118 years of time has been spent in multiplayer matches on Xbox LIVE

· On average, more than 200,000 “Halo Wars” fans have taken up arms in battles between the UNSC and Covenant each day

· For more statistics and game information, fans can visit the official stats page at: link

Story link

SALES SALES SALES.....MCDONALDS HAVE SERVED A BILLION CUSTOMERS,,,BUT THE FOOD IS NASTY.....HALO WARS SELLS A MILLION UNITS BUT THE GAME SUCKS...

why do you care about sales? are you worried about what other ppl are doing or something? does it have to be cool for you to do it?

SALES SALES SALES.....MCDONALDS HAVE SERVED A BILLION CUSTOMERS,,,BUT THE FOOD IS NASTY.....HALO WARS SELLS A MILLION UNITS BUT THE GAME SUCKS...

why do you care about sales? are you worried about what other ppl are doing or something? does it have to be cool for you to do it?

What is your obsession with bashing the 360 and anything to do with it? The mere mention of the Xbox sends you into a frenzy. Get a life.

Yep thats pretty good for a strategy game.........................................on a console. Those 2 still dont mix though. RTS games and FPS shooters are way better on a PC. I think the game sold that many because of the Halo name. If that game had another name, i dont think it would have sold a quarter of that.

Yep thats pretty good for a strategy game.........................................on a console. Those 2 still dont mix though. RTS games and FPS shooters are way better on a PC. I think the game sold that many because of the Halo name. If that game had another name, i dont think it would have sold a quarter of that.

yep, those types of games are and will always be best on a PC.

I rented this game from Blockbuster not knowing it was an RTS, I thought it was crap. I took it back after about 15 minutes of playing it and swapped it for Tomb Raider: Underworld. Which I am enjoying very much. It's a very beautiful game with some nice scenery, and the puzzles I've come across are somewhat challenging so far. I was amazed at the first level of the game with you having to swim like half a mile under water to find an underwater city. Great graphics also. I highly recommend it.

EDIT: Whoa, I got way off topic there. My attention span is very short if you haven't noticed already. :lol::lol: