What do Falcon fans say about this?

nolafan33

I have to say there was very little atmosphere in the dome. Despite it being a pretty good game. The Broncos scored a touchdown, but the Falcons (with no help from the fans I might add) scored a touchdown and 2 field goals, taking us to a 13-7 at half time. Every time I got up to cheer or applaud, I was asked to sit down by my club seat peers.
This is a team that does not know how to celebrate today's players. They are cheering on their losing Super bowl team from 10 years ago, and everyone is upset about the Vick fiasco, but really they should be getting behind their own team today. The Falcons running back, Michael Turner made a great 28 yard run to score a touchdown to put the Falcons 20-17 but no one seemed too bothered. The Broncos returned with a Touchdown of their own, giving the ball back to the Falcons. Matt Ryan zipped in a perfect pass to try and win the game, but his receiver dropped an easy catch in the end zone, and the Broncos came out victorious. The crowd never booed, their own team, which may have been better than the lack of any sound.

http://www.adamsfootballtrip.com/games/broncos-falcons.htm

atlanta had the worst atmosphere, no one cheered at all.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2448405868

how many of the saints fans will be loyal to the saints when they move, and trust me, it will eventually happen, i'd rather have a crappy fanbase then no team at all....what do you think about that nola?

What do I think about that? Besides the fact that it is total BS? The Saints aren't going anywhere, atleast any time soon. This isn't Madden Timmy, you can't just pick up and leave whenever you feel like it. The Saints have a lease with the state for 3 more seasons, and our finishing up on a new one that would keep them in New Orleans for 20+ more years. Like I said, this isn't Madden, next time you plan on posting BS like this, check your facts. The Saints will eventually move, just like every other team in the NFL. But, I will likely not be alive when that happens. Just like how you will likely not be alive when the Falcons move.

Dont' attack me, I'm not the reason yall have a sorry fanbase (sorry, you made me say it). I also am not the one who wrote that article.

What do I think about that? Besides the fact that it is total BS? The Saints aren't going anywhere, atleast any time soon. This isn't Madden Timmy, you can't just pick up and leave whenever you feel like it. The Saints have a lease with the state for 3 more seasons, and our finishing up on a new one that would keep them in New Orleans for 20+ more years. Like I said, this isn't Madden, next time you plan on posting BS like this, check your facts. The Saints will eventually move, just like every other team in the NFL. But, I will likely not be alive when that happens. Just like how you will likely not be alive when the Falcons move.

Dont' attack me, I'm not the reason yall have a sorry fanbase (sorry, you made me say it). I also am not the one who wrote that article.

who do you think realizes we have a sorry fan base first, opposing teams fans(like you) or die hard falcons fans that bleed red and black, that go to the games on a weekly basis and have to deal with the idiots that go to our game? trust me, we knew we had a bad fanbase long before you or any other teams fans noticed. your just rubbing it in.

who do you think realizes we have a sorry fan base first, opposing teams fans(like you) or die hard falcons fans that bleed red and black, that go to the games on a weekly basis and have to deal with the idiots that go to our game? trust me, we knew we had a bad fanbase long before you or any other teams fans noticed. your just rubbing it in.

How am I rubbing it in?

Why can't Georgia support any of their teams? It's a question.

How am I rubbing it in?

Why can't Georgia support any of their teams? It's a question.

because most people in the atlanta area are transplants.....not from the areaa.

i work with 30 people only 5 of them are from atlanta orginally.

3rd we are not the worst fanbase in the NFL, we are bad, but we our 21st in average attendance, so there are 11 teams fan bases that are worse then us.

another thing is there is HUGE race issue in atlanta....atlanta has alot of blacks and wont support our white QB and are boycotting the falcons.

there is also the issue that atlanta is a very entertaining city, and georgia as a state, there are alot more things around here to spend your money on, go to the beach? go to six flags? i dont know why but the falcons just are not the thing to do in georgia.

because most people in the atlanta area are transplants.....not from the areaa.

i work with 30 people only 5 of them are from atlanta orginally.

3rd we are not the worst fanbase in the NFL, we are bad, but we our 21st in average attendance, so there are 11 teams fan bases that are worse then us.

another thing is there is HUGE race issue in atlanta....atlanta has alot of blacks and wont support our white QB and are boycotting the falcons.

There you go, was that really hard?

I was just asking a simple question. The only thing the Falcons can do to get their fanbase back, is win. Which will be a whole lot tougher than yall are anticipating.

I was just asking a simple question. The only thing the Falcons can do to get their fanbase back, is win. Which will be a whole lot tougher than yall are anticipating.

us real fans that have been with this team know that winning doesnt come easy, so i dont know what you mean by what we are anticipating? ive been a fan of this team since 88 and i can count the playoff seasons on one hand . we are the falcons you know? trust me most of us are not even expecting playoffs next year. nor were we this year.

another thing is up until our superbowl apperance, it was UNCOOL to be a falcon fan, I got picked on daily for supporting the falcons, and i live 20 minutes from atlanta....we got a few bandwagon fans since then, but before that if you wore a falcon shirt or a hat, you were hated on

as matter of fact alll of my child hood friends, none of them are falcons fans....i actually know very few falcons fans and like i said i live 20 minutes from atlanta.

uh yeah...I've actually driven to nola the past 5 years and with the exception of the katrina MNF game and 05 when it was in San Antionio....I see absolutley NO reason whatsoever a saints fan should be talking. get serious dude. its no secret the seats in the superdome are all different colors because they want it to look more full.

Honestly when I read this, I had to check to make sure I had the dates right. I thought maybe this was an old post from 2007.... a lot tougher than what? going 11-5 with all rookies and former backups?

Honestly when I read this, I had to check to make sure I had the dates right. I thought maybe this was an old post from 2007.... a lot tougher than what? going 11-5 with all rookies and former backups?

Like I said, 09 will be alot tougher for the Falcons than their fans are anticipating. Not that they won't be good, but when you look up earn it in the dictionary you will see the Falcons logo.

Cinderella teams rarely play up to their potential the second year.

uh yeah...I've actually driven to nola the past 5 years and with the exception of the katrina MNF game and 05 when it was in San Antionio....I see absolutley NO reason whatsoever a saints fan should be talking. get serious dude. its no secret the seats in the superdome are all different colors because they want it to look more full.

The Saints have sold out 4 straight seasons, before the season even began. The Saints have a 40,000+ waiting list, it is March of 2009 and they are only on November of 2006.

This season, the Saints averaged out at 70,101 fans in attendance, out of a possible 72,968. Which means, the Saints fill 96% of the Dome on gamedays. The Falcons, averaged out at 64,065 fans in attendance, out of a possible 71,250. Which means, the Falcons fill just above 89% of the Dome on gamedays.

So yeah, the domes seats might be different colors to make it look for full, but it isn't needed.

how many of the saints fans will be loyal to the saints when they move, and trust me, it will eventually happen, i'd rather have a crappy fanbase then no team at all....what do you think about that nola?

Are people still believing that? But I guess you have to have so kind of come back.

The Saints have sold out 4 straight seasons, before the season even began. The Saints have a 40,000+ waiting list, it is March of 2009 and they are only on November of 2006.

This season, the Saints averaged out at 70,101 fans in attendance, out of a possible 72,968. Which means, the Saints fill 96% of the Dome on gamedays. The Falcons, averaged out at 64,065 fans in attendance, out of a possible 71,250. Which means, the Falcons fill just above 89% of the Dome on gamedays.

So yeah, the domes seats might be different colors to make it look for full, but it isn't needed.

And what was attendance like before Katrina?

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/NewOrleansSaints/index.htm

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/AtlantaFalcons/index.htm