Don't worry about the economy or the state of the country

and are working tirelessly on the most important challenges that face our economic and safety concerns. God bless em.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Silentbob, I'm just curious to hear your opinion over the recent news of the economy. I haven't searched yet, but I don't think I read anything about the AIG bonus from ya. If you did, I'm sorry, but I always love reading your input on it. ;)

Based on past insults, I smell a pretty reeking attempt at sarcasm, but since you asked:

Most departments with AIG made money and behaved responsibly throughout this entire debacle. I see nothing wrong with the company using a portion of the bailout GIVEN to them by our illustrious leaders (who did not read the very provisions of the bill they act so appalled by now) to honor their contracts and the pay the compensation owed them as mandated within. IF Dodd or as he claims Obama, had not put those "extras" in there, I may feel differently, but the US Government should not be in the business of mugging citizens out of their money (more than they already do) by voiding valid contracts or imposing Unconstitutional tax punishments on said money. Lets keep in mind, that $165 million is less than one-tenth of one percent of the total amount of bailout money given to AIG. While it is still a huge sum, Obama has used more of our money than that to wipe his azz with after each morning's s**t since taking office. H e l l, Franklin Raines ran Fannie Mae into the ground and is hugely responsible for the current crisis, that did not stop him from taking $190 million with him by himself, and where did he end up after that fiasco? Working for the Obama Campaign as Chief Economic Advisor. :huh: .......

I have not weighed in on this before because the demonetization of these executives is ridiculous, especially when the charge is being led by the likes of Barney F'ing Frank, Chris Dodd, or Barak Obama....all of whom have been complicit in laying the groundwork for the very crash they are now railing on and grandstanding their "outrage" over.....that said, AIG is far from innocent, so I felt no need to come to their defense here, but again, since you asked.

This woman also has a master's degree from the University of Florida. Apparently she left her car parked there long enough for someone to stick the diploma under her windshield wiper.

Where's Cappy? I want to gradulate him for such an outstanding alumnus. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I made it to :55 before my lunch began to seek esophageal exit.

Corrine Brown is not only a waste of Congressional time, she's also regarded as the most corrupt person in Congress (now THAT'S saying something!), and she basically doesn't give a dam.

YOU GO, CORRUPT GIRL!!

Where's Cappy? I want to gradulate him for such an outstanding alumnus. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad they don't have Keith Brookings, him and Urban Meyers could be a great combination that we would have to gradulate for years to come.

What's mind-boggling here is she apparently prepared that statement?

Shep Smith can be hard to take seriously at times, but hits the nail on the head here and does a nice job of exposing Congress' smoke and mirror show regarding the AIG bonuses.

QUITE FRANKLY, SHEPARD SMITH IS WRONG.

CONGRESS DID NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER CHANGES IN THE NET CAPITAL RULE-- THE LEVEL OF RISK OR LEVERAGE RATIOS WITHIN THE PRIVATE BANKING INDUSTRY.

SHEPARD SMITH IS PROMOTING FALSE TRUTHS.

ENFORCEMENT OF LEVERAGE RATIOS AND THE NET CAPITAL RULES IN 2004 WAS AND IS ALWAYS DETERMINED BY THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION. NOT CONGRESS!!

DO NOT BELIEVE SHEPARD SMITH'S BAD RESEARCH AND FLAGRANT MISINTERPRETATION OF THE ACTUAL EVENTS!!

THANK YOU

T.O.

I may feel differently,

Bob you really showed your inability to be objective with that entire post. You're all for bonuses and golden parachutes paid for by the taxpayers unless it's the Democrats from Fannie and Freddie who receive them???

Give us a break man! Your shtick is tired and transparent.

all of whom have been complicit in laying the groundwork for the very crash they are now railing on and grandstanding their "outrage" over.....

Bob, why is it necessary to include taxpayer CLAWBACKS and legislation pertaining to cancellations of compensation contracts in the Stimulus Bill??? It's not necessary Bob. It's a COMPLETELY SEPARATE LEGAL ISSUE!!! That's why the story is playing out as it is. That's why the administration let the bonus issue pass through the Stimulus.

GET IT???????? (no you don't) Apparently, you have absolutely no appreciation for how the cancellation of compensation contracts relates to industries outside the financial sector of the economy. Obama wasn't about to let the GDP Stimulus and the entire economy get caught up in the legalities of that issue.

Jesus, put down the bias and think like an objective person for one minute.