Any interest in Irvin by Falcons?

diablo

I watch every UGA game and I don't remember him that well. Geno always caught got my attention when I watched the defensive line.

On a side note, I think Geno will be an excellent NFL player.

Geno was out with injury all year. You should have paid attention to Corey Irvin because he was the lone brightspot on the DL last season.

Geno was out with injury all year. You should have paid attention to Corey Irvin because he was the lone brightspot on the DL last season.

Nope, your wrong, maybe you should have paid attention. That was Jeff Owens who I believe is coming back for a 6th year. I think he got a another medical redshirt.

I paid attention to the DL as a unit and Atkins made all the plays. I am not saying Irvin was a bad player, but he isn't half the DT Geno Atkins is.

*Started all 13 games recording 34 tackles and a team-leading 30 quarterback hurries

*Recorded one tackle and two QBH in Capital One Bowl victory over No. 19 Michigan State

*Season-high seven tackles including two for loss vs. No. 8 Alabama

*Four-tackle performances vs. No. 8 Florida, vs. No. 22 Vanderbilt, vs. Central Michigan and vs. Georgia Southern

*Two tackles, two QB hurries, a pass break-up and a fumble recovery at Auburn

*Has played on offense as a “wham” back at Auburn and vs. No. 18 Ga. Tech

*Selected to SEC Coaches’ Pre-season All-SEC Second Team

*Named to 2008 Outland Trophy and Bronko Nagurski Watch Lists

*Tabbed in the preseason as a 3rd team All-American by Athlon and Phil Steele

*Selected Preseason All-SEC 1st Team by Athlon, Phil Steele and The Birmingham News and All-SEC 2nd Team by the SEC Coaches and Lindy’s

*Ranked preseason by Phil Steele as the nation’s No. 6 defensive tackle

-from dawgbone.net

I watch every UGA game and I don't remember him that well. Geno always caught got my attention when I watched the defensive line.

On a side note, I think Geno will be an excellent NFL player.

Irvin made plenty of plays.. not sure what games you were watching, but he was very stout inside.. Geno Atkins should be an excellent nfl player since he is a 1st round grade player.. both owens and atkins are first round picks in the future (if owens recovers from 100% from injury).

Irvin has 34 tackles, 3 sacks, and 24 QBH in his 1 year of starting.. He was expected to not start, but had to due to Owens injury and Irvin filled in very very well.. he is a mid round pick and he will be a nice pickup for any team because he hasn't come close to matching his potential.

Irvin made plenty of plays.. not sure what games you were watching, but he was very stout inside.. Geno Atkins should be an excellent nfl player since he is a 1st round grade player.. both owens and atkins are first round picks in the future (if owens recovers from 100% from injury).

Irvin has 34 tackles, 3 sacks, and 24 QBH in his 1 year of starting.. He was expected to not start, but had to due to Owens injury and Irvin filled in very very well.. he is a mid round pick and he will be a nice pickup for any team because he hasn't come close to matching his potential.

I watched every game...have for last 30 years of my life.

This may be a chicken or the egg conversation, but I think Irvin benefitted from having one of the best DT's in the SEC next him.

Like I said, I don't think he is a bad player, but he didn't standout to me as someone who is going to be a difference maker in the NFL. He could have a nice career and should be solid and as long as we aren't talking about taking him before the 4th or 5th round, then I am ok with him.

Please don't think I am dogging Corvey Irvin, I am not. Someone thought enough of him to invite him to the Senior Bowl.

I watched every game...have for last 30 years of my life.

This may be a chicken or the egg conversation, but I think Irvin benefitted from having one of the best DT's in the SEC next him.

Like I said, I don't think he is a bad player, but he didn't standout to me as someone who is going to be a difference maker in the NFL. He could have a nice career and should be solid and as long as we aren't talking about taking him before the 4th or 5th round, then I am ok with him.

Please don't think I am dogging Corvey Irvin, I am not. Someone thought enough of him to invite him to the Senior Bowl.

He also had the weakest DE's in the conference playing on the same line. You're not giving him enough credit.