Thomas Dimitroff - Mike Smith

Bring It

Since the day after we lost to Arizona in January, TD and Smitty have been working with their entire FO and scouting staff to accomplish ONE thing.

TO MAKE THE FALCONS A BETTER FOOTBALL TEAM.

Now, we all know we need help on Defense most of all.

WHO BETTER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS ???

We've made a few moves in FA................very few. Not to worry. There are reasons for this.

The Draft is still 5 weeks away. FIVE long weeks.

Between now and then more moves could take place. But ONLY if it's makes GOOD SENSE.

Fear not...............be patient..................and be prepared for very good additions coming, especially on Defense.

WHO BETTER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS THAN TD AND MIKE SMITH ??? Really.

I'm sure there are plenty of armchair GM's here who feel differently. :lol:

Oh, no doubt, and that's OK but when I thought about how fortunate the Falcon's are having TD and Smitty side by side...........every day, working on making the Falcons better I realized...............who could do much better ??

Very, very few, actually. On the Defense side probably nobody could do it better.

By July 1 we will have a gangbuster Defense.

Oh, no doubt, and that's OK but when I thought about how fortunate the Falcon's are having TD and Smitty side by side...........every day, working on making the Falcons better I realized...............who could do much better ??

Very, very few, actually. On the Defense side probably nobody could do it better.

By July 1 we will have a gangbuster Defense.

I sure hope so. If our defense struggles next year, all we'll hear all year long is, "We should've gotten this guy or that guy" and "I told you so".

I like to look at the big picture. Last year we were looking for an identity and hoping to be competitive. We made the playoffs, exceeded expectations, and now everyone wants us to be a complete powerhouse. The fact is the draft and FA are a gamble. You never know how it will all turn out when the guys suit up and take the field. Last year we won on almost every draft pick and FA. That is RARE. This year, I think it is foolish to think we will get a royal flush again. If our defense improves, I'll be happy but I am not expecting us to have Pittsburgh's D by next year.

Don't forget the impact of injuries. Look at the Chargers. Two years ago they had a vaunted defense. Merriman goes out for the season and they can't stop anyone the next year. This game relies so much on the little things it's almost impossible to predict. ****, for years in the NFC South, the cellar dwellar of one year became the division champ the next.

The good news is that you are right. TD and Coach Smith are talented. That, coupled with an owner who wants to win gives the Falcons a higher propensity for success. Lets hope it pans out.

Go birds!