John Abraham = class act

mastershake

Not trying to be a name dropper or anything but when I meet someone that cool I feel the need to let people know. Especially with all the a holes out there.

So my girlfriend is a bartender at one of the popular S. Fla clubs. She comes home Tuesday morn and proceeds to tell me how one of my boys was her costomer that night. She then throws me a tee shirt with an autograph on it. It's none other than the freaking Predator. She goes on to tell me how cool he was and every thing. Great tipper, he left her a $100 on a $200 tab and he was more than willing to sign a tee shirt for her.

We then go out for some cold ones on St. Patrick's Day(the next night) and end up at her club. I'm hanging out in VIP and look over and there he is. Knowing I'm a Falcon fan from talking to my girl the night before, he invites her and I over to sit. We sit down and do a couple of shots and I asked him a few questions. He said we should have beaten the Cards and would've won the game if not for 3rd and 16. It sucked the life out of all of them. I also asked him about another member of his line. I asked if this was going to be his breakout year and he answered," I don't know man, I mean 2 sacks in 2 years, he needs to step it up." He said he doesn't know how we are going to replace Lawer and didnt seem to excited on our prospects at safety. Wich makes me think we might be taking one earlier than I expected. I asked him a few more quetions and finished my drink then I left him alone to enjoy the rest of his night.

I just wanted everyone to know how cool he was and how proud i am to have a guy like him on the Falcons. Too many conceited idiots out there. He's not one of them. A really down to earth guy. I know some of you don't care but It's slow in the Falcon world. BY the way, dude has the bigest hands I've ever seen. "Milkshake" out! ;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be a name dropper or anything but when I meet someone that cool I feel the need to let people know. Especially with all the a holes out there.

So my girlfriend is a bartender at one of the popular S. Fla clubs. She comes home Tuesday morn and proceeds to tell me how one of my boys was her costomer that night. She then throws me a tee shirt with an autograph on it. It's none other than the freaking Predator. She goes on to tell me how cool he was and every thing. Great tipper, he left her a $100 on a $200 tab and he was more than willing to sign a tee shirt for her.

We then go out for some cold ones on St. Patrick's Day(the next night) and end up at her club. I'm hanging out in VIP and look over and there he is. Knowing I'm a Falcon fan from talking to my girl the night before, he invites her and I over to sit. We sit down and do a couple of shots and I asked him a few questions. He said we should have beaten the Cards and would've won the game if not for 3rd and 16. It sucked the life out of all of them. I also asked him about another member of his line. I asked if this was going to be his breakout year and he answered," I don't know man, I mean 2 sacks in 2 years, he needs to step it up." He said he doesn't know how we are going to replace Lawer and didnt seem to excited on our prospects at safety. Wich makes me think we might be taking one earlier than I expected. I asked him a few more quetions and finished my drink then I left him alone to enjoy the rest of his night.

I just wanted everyone to know how cool he was and how proud i am to have a guy like him on the Falcons. Too many conceited idiots out there. He's not one of them. A really down to earth guy. I know some of you don't care but It's slow in the Falcon world. BY the way, dude has the bigest hands I've ever seen. "Milkshake" out! ;)

I have heard several stories about Abraham and how he likes to sit, drink, and talk to fans.

Oh yeah, if there was EVER a guy to throw people UNDER the bus it is definately Abraham.

It's kind of messed up that both the people on this boad that said when they met Abraham they were doing shots with him especially since he admitted to having a drinking problem.

I'm not sure I like the fact that he threw a couple teammates under the bus there, but I'm glad he is at least a nice guy. Sounds like a good evening.

I'm not sure I'd call that throwing him under the bus... I've had teammates call me out when I wasn't performing up to par. I didn't see it as throwing me under the bus, but rather, it was just saying it like it is. So, I stepped it up hopefully JA can too.

The only one he really threw under the bus was JA, but he was more like he just needs to step it up. Which is true. I asked him about De Coud specifically and he was just saying it was going to be hard to replace Milloy and his locker room presence. First thing I asked him was if he gets tired of being held on every play? He said "I know man it drives me crazy." Did'nt seem to care too much about the probowl snub. He was just like "what can you do''

Guest Gritz

A guy who is busting his butt every single week (and performs like Abraham does) more than has the right to question an underperforming teammate.

Man, that is a AWESOME story!!! Best post on here in a LONG time, congrats to u!!! I ESPECIALLY like the fact that Abraham kept it real!!! None of that ra ra B.S., because on sundays and us winning, its about being real and ACCOUNTABLE. This just lets u know, that he really loves this team and wants to win. You can see from the behind the scene clips at the games, how much he loves and encourages JA98, HOWEVER he also wants production more than anything, because PRODUCTION equals wins!! JA55 is a BEAST!!!

I would have left the part about the drinking shots out. Some of us have had stories to tell, including me, but didnt want to hurt the team.

It wasnt necessary to include that and the story would be just as cool.

Nothing wrong with having a couple of shots on St. Patrick's day, but maybe your right. He wasn't drunk or anything. Probably did the shots cuz I brought them over and said "too the Falcons'' Kinda obligated at that point.

I would have left the part about the drinking shots out. Some of us have had stories to tell, including me, but didnt want to hurt the team.

It wasnt necessary to include that and the story would be just as cool.

Nothing wrong with having a couple of shots on St. Patrick's day, but maybe your right. He wasn't drunk or anything. Probably did the shots cuz I brought them over and said "too the Falcons'' Kinda obligated at that point.

I was just posting this to let everyone know how cool he was. I've met some real ***** there like Dennis Rodman.

It's a cool story, but it was also a private conversation between you and Abe.. it should have probably stayed that way. Nothing will turn a fan friendly player into an asshat faster than people talking about his actions and words that happened in private into public knowledge.

It's a cool story, but it was also a private conversation between you and Abe.. it should have probably stayed that way. Nothing will turn a fan friendly player into an asshat faster than people talking about his actions and words that happened in private into public knowledge.

Or he could have just told his Trusted Circle of Friends :lol: