Comcast Customers Who Have The NFL Network

Woke up this morning and saw the red message light was on my digital converter box so I turned on my tv to checked it out. Apparently Comcast may be dropping the NFL Network as of 5/1/2009 due to contract negotiations not working out. I went to Comcast itself and there is nothing on their main page, but messages coming through the converter box always hit first. If someone works for Comcast or knows someone who does could you please confirm this. I know a lot of people here in Augusta are going to be a bit peeved.

Tis better to loved and lost than never loved before, or something like that. I feel bad for you, but a least you had the NFL Network for a while. We've got MLB Network (in HD), NBA TV, NHL Network(??), but no NFL and no chance on the horizon. On the bright side Brighthouse Networks just introduced 14 new channels of which I've never heard of and will never watch (Crime Investigation Channel, Gospel Music Channel?).

Sorry, got a little off topic there, anyway sorry for your possible loss, hopefully it's just a negotiation ploy like what MTV did with Time Warner a few months ago.

I work for Comcast. This is news to me. As far as I know, we have an active carriage agreement to carry it for a few years. Now, they may be moving it to the Sports Entertainment Pack, which costs $5 a month. That's what they did here in the Eastern Division.

Well I found one article on the matter - looks like it might happen. I myself don't have the NFL Network, I refused to pay the extra bucks just to carry one channel more. But I know alot of people who do carry it and already 2 I work with have tried to call and find out this morning. They be pizzed over their NFL network! :lol:

LINK

This isn't Comcast's fault, FYI. NFL is asking a huge amount of money per subscriber. The fact that they want it on the basic tier means that the rates would have to go up for EVERY subscriber, even those who don't want the channel. The way it is now, people who want it can subscribe to the SEP and have it. NFLN is trying to weasel more money for nothing.

If you live in an apartment and have no choice, that's fine. But other than that, there is no reason for anyone to have Comcast cable tv. Dish or Direct tv are superior in almost every way. Plus, Comcast had the 2nd worst customer service rating of all US companies last year. They truly suk.

I have comcast, and NFLN. I sometimes watch NFLTA, but not enough to get into an uproar about losing the channel. The live games are the only thing that I watch regularly, and there are other means to watch those games ;). If I lose NFLN, I will be sad to see it go, but it believe I would get over it. It's not enough to get me to switch my cable provider.

Football and Lacrosse are the only two sports I follow religiously. I will watch others when I feel like it but it is not the same. It took me some time to really warm up to the NFLN but now I record things off of it all week long. It is the only way to keep up with things during the off season when ESPN is devoting most of their time to the other sports.

Get Direct TV now!!!!

NFLN is included in one of their cheapest packages.

Plus Direct TV Cust Service>>>>>.Comcast Cust Service, which I'm sure we've all heard or experienced the horror

& no I do not work for Direct TV but I've been using them for 10+ yrs

Woke up this morning and saw the red message light was on my digital converter box so I turned on my tv to checked it out. Apparently Comcast may be dropping the NFL Network as of 5/1/2009 due to contract negotiations not working out. I went to Comcast itself and there is nothing on their main page, but messages coming through the converter box always hit first. If someone works for Comcast or knows someone who does could you please confirm this. I know a lot of people here in Augusta are going to be a bit peeved.

I have been hearing that will happen with Comcast but I was not sure when. I remember having the channel for free on Charter Cable the first year NFLN came out but it quickly disappeared. It is not even a package option. The cost per TV to switch to satellite is a joke and I couldn't really justify paying 100's of dollars for Sunday Ticket when I have season tickets to the Falcons. I wish they would settle it once and for all. Not televising certain games along with other events that used to be available is a lousy game the NFL is playing with the Cable and Satellite companies that in the end affects the fans who give the game any relevance at all and not necessarily the golf clapping executives hiding behind their majic curtain.

Me neither, hope this isn't some type of stupid joke.

Here is a link to one article I found on it.

LINK

And another link I found on the New York Times that discusses the matter.

LINK

As of right now the Comcast website nor the NFL have anything posted on the matter. The NFL does have this to say about Comcast though on their site.

"NFL Network is carried by your area's cable provider, Comcast. Unfortunately, Comcast, is overcharging you to watch football 24:7 on NFL Network. Other video providers include NFL Network in their basic package for no additional cost. Make the switch now to AT&T U-Verse, DirecTV, Verizon." :lol:

LINK

It's buried in there but you put your zip and select Comcast as your provider and you get the above message. :lol:

That's why I got Comcast in the first place, $5 for the sports pack a month, which includes NFLN. I waited nearly 2 weeks for them to hook the crap up (it took a week to get them to survey to see if they could offer service, even though both neighbors and the people across the street have it.) And now I won't get NFLN? Not cool at all.