Official UGA Jr. Day Thread.. I have a bunch of updates..

SacFalcFan

I will have a real good list soon, but we already know of some bigtime targets who will be there.

Da'rick Rogers will be there. One of the top players in the country.

5 star CB Lamarcus Joyner. He is also bringing a few more other jrs with him up that uga is targeting.

Torian Richardson, WR from byrnes

Blake Sims from gainesville.

I believe Justin Parker will be coming out as well.

There are a number of more I will be updating on this post.

OMG this visit list is growing and growing.. we have some awesome guys coming in..

A few names:

Garry Peters (he is expecting and offer)

Bruce Benedict

Lamarcus Joyner

Garrison Smith

Alec Ogletree

Jalen Fields

Michael Taylor

Ted Meline

Robert Crisp

Neiron Ball

Tank Sessions

Blake Gowder

Anthony Williams

Byron Dickerson

Quantavious Leslie

Brandon Worle

Blake Sims

Daniel Blitch

Pernell Williams

2011 Guys

Jabriel Washington (if they offer he is uga)

C.J. Uzomah

LaMichael Fanning

James Vaughters

A.J. Johnson

Watts Dantzler

Gainesville WR Tai-ler Jones finally gets UGA offer from Mark Richt...

Gainesville wide receiver Tai-ler Jones was one of the state’s most heavily-recruited prospects without an UGA scholarship offer.

All that changed after speaking on the telephone with Georgia’s Mark Richt on Friday. UGA is offer No. 31 for Jones. All the teasing that Jones was taking from classmates and local Georgia fans can end.

“Coach Richt said they wanted me, and I was like ‘Oh wow’ and I didn’t know what to say back to him,” Jones said. “I wasn’t expecting it at all. It caught me completely off guard.”

Was Jones upset that Georgia took longer than other schools to offer? “No, not at all. Everybody wanted me to be mad at Georgia. But I wasn’t. Georgia told me all along that they were taking their time to evaluate prospects to make sure they offered the right guys. I believed what they said, and I’m excited about the offer. That makes me feel great.”

Georgia had originally told Jones and his Gainesville teammates, junior quarterback Blake Sims and sophomore linebacker A.J. Johnson, that they would let them know about the scholarship situation on Georgia Junior Day, which is Saturday (March 21). However, the Bulldogs decided to not wait any longer on Jones, with Richt himself making the call on Friday. Jones said Sims and Johnson will find out their situations on Junior Day.

Jones has narrowed down to 15 schools. Will UGA now make the list? “I’m pretty sure they will. I haven’t really spent a lot of time with the coaches. I want to go there on Saturday and meet everybody.”

Dalton DE Jalen Fields may be UGA’s first 2010 commitment.

Who will be Georgia’s first 2010 commitment? Dalton defensive end Jalen Fields may take the honor.

The 6-foot-5, 245 pound Fields says he is attending Georgia’s Junior Day on Saturday, and there’s a high probability he’ll commit to the Bulldogs.

“I think my chances are high,” Fields told the AJC. “I’d like to commit this year, and not next year. So I think my chances of committing to Georgia on Saturday are high. Pretty high.”

If so, he would be the first junior to give an early pledge to Georgia. Fields has seven offers, with Tennessee coming on strong. But Georgia is first in his heart because they were the first to offer.

“Yes, sir, I’m a hometown fan, I’ve been a Bulldogs fan ever since I was born,” Fields said. “That’s the team I watch on TV, Georgia and Florida State. My high school coach took me to some Tennessee games. But he knows Georgia is my team.”

Douglass DL Smith excited about visit to UGA on Saturday

1:36 pm March 20, 2009, by jhood

Douglass defensive lineman Garrison Smith will be among the large contingent of players attending Junior Day at Georgia on Saturday.

With 21 scholarship offers in his possession from programs such as Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Ohio State and Tennessee, the 6-foot-3, 260-pound Smith is becoming one of the state’s most coveted prospects.

But don’t look for Smith to pull the trigger on a commitment during his visit to Athens this weekend.

“I’m just planning on going to the school and having a good visit,” Smith said. “I want to see the team, see all the coaches and have a good day at Georgia.”

When asked where the Dogs rate among the schools that have already offered, Smith said he’s still in the process of evaluating.

“I haven’t narrowed things down yet,” he said. “I’m looking at all the schools and what they have to offer.”

AJC College Sports Recruiting

Calhoun WR Rogers receives offer from UGA

5:17 pm March 18, 2009, by Phil Giltman

Calhoun wide receiver Darick Rogers received an offer from Georgia on Monday.

“That’s a big offer from an in-state school,” he said. “UGA is always on top of anybody’s list.”

The 6-foot-3, 208-pound Rogers, a Darlington transfer, also has offers from LSU, Alabama, Mississippi State, West Virginia and Central Florida.

Rogers said earlier he was impressed after a visit to Alabama.

“I visited Alabama a couple of times, and I really like the coaches and facilities there,” he said. “I know they have already offered, but I want to weigh my options and see how everything pans out.”

Rogers, who said he sees himself playing in the SEC, hopes to make a college decision during the upcoming football season.

— Phil Giltman

That's great, Tai-ler Jones will be a beast one day, count on it. I really hope we can pull him in, as well as the rest of the bunch.. It will be interesting to see if we offer a scholorship to Simms or not.. We're pretty set at QB, but that guys a big talent too, it would be hard not to offer him..

Gainesville quarterback Blake Sims has been offered as an athlete by Georgia.

Walton defensive end Brandon Burrows has been offered by Georgia.

T.J. Stripling out of Southwest Dekalb was offered by UGA as a defensive end.

UGA offered Tucker Sophomore James Vaughters. (He is a STUD like Jay Rome, LaMichael Fannings, and Nick Marshall here in GA's class of 2011)

For anybody that knows, who would you compare Tai-ler Jones' game to? He has a very impressive list of offers.

wow.. good question.. let me post a writeup on him that may help:

Quick Hitter: Jones is a very smooth and fluid receiver. He knows how to make yards after the short catch and he is not afraid to block down field for his teammates. Hands and running routes are his two biggest strengths and he needs to work on his top end and overall size and strenght. Doing all the little things well makes Jones one of the best at his position. He is very polished for a junior in high school.

He is rated right now #12 in the state, but will move up IMO. After this writeup he has showed out at two different camps and i saw some video of him 2 weeks ago and he was the best wr at a camp he was in and that includes ambles.

Some great updates from the jr day:

1. Tai-ler Jones stayed an extra 2 hours and meet with richt and tony ball after everyone lost. He has decided to way til july 19th to commit, but he said he may change that to end of school year and will be announcing his top 5 very soon. If he doesn't end up in the red and black I will be surprised.

2. Garrison Smith is very close to pulling the trigger for Georgia.

3. Ted Meline - UGA 's lead grew for him. There is no more co-leader. They have jumped out to a big lead.

4. T.J. Stripling - We offered and uga leads big.

5. Michael Taylor - he will be a dawg.. Shouldn't be long.

6. Lamarcus Joyner really loved the visit. He loved the time he spent one on one with willie and mark richt.

7. Bruce benedict - was just visiting and he didn't know it was jr day.. UGA is in his top 3.

Some great updates from the jr day:

1. Tai-ler Jones stayed an extra 2 hours and meet with richt and tony ball after everyone lost. He has decided to way til july 19th to commit, but he said he may change that to end of school year and will be announcing his top 5 very soon. If he doesn't end up in the red and black I will be surprised.

2. Garrison Smith is very close to pulling the trigger for Georgia.

3. Ted Meline - UGA 's lead grew for him. There is no more co-leader. They have jumped out to a big lead.

4. T.J. Stripling - We offered and uga leads big.

5. Michael Taylor - he will be a dawg.. Shouldn't be long.

6. Lamarcus Joyner really loved the visit. He loved the time he spent one on one with willie and mark richt.

7. Bruce benedict - was just visiting and he didn't know it was jr day.. UGA is in his top 3.

Sac, can you find any video on TJ Strippling, Lamarcus Joyner, and Michael Taylor? (free video)

I hope we get Joyner. From what I heard, he is a really solid player.