SS Roy Williams

The real deal is that he is an undersized wlb playing ss. The guy cant cover anything deep. He is always looking to lay someone out, but if the play gets behind him he looks like a deer in headlights. He is a liability in passing situations, and the cowboys did a good job of disguising that, but now evey team knows and exploits that fact. You will hear alot of people say that he can be switched to a LB position but that just isnt true. He gets laid out by OL cant shed blocks and has horrible awareness. He only haslike six sacks his entire career which isnt very good for someone who plays at the line of scrimmage. The fact is that he is a great in the box safety on running downs, but the money he wants is outrageous. I hope he finds a home somewhere just not at the dome. I would rather have a true safety that plays like a safety.

The real deal is that he is an undersized wlb playing ss. The guy cant cover anything deep. He is always looking to lay someone out, but if the play gets behind him he looks like a deer in headlights. He is a liability in passing situations, and the cowboys did a good job of disguising that, but now evey team knows and exploits that fact. You will hear alot of people say that he can be switched to a LB position but that just isnt true. He gets laid out by OL cant shed blocks and has horrible awareness. He only haslike six sacks his entire career which isnt very good for someone who plays at the line of scrimmage. The fact is that he is a great in the box safety on running downs, but the money he wants is outrageous. I hope he finds a home somewhere just not at the dome. I would rather have a true safety that plays like a safety.

What type of money. I haven't heard anything about Roy that is negative except here and the guy I speak with is being abnormally quiet right now.

I have heard that he wants to be paid like a pro bowl safety. My buddy is a die hard cowboys fan and he couldnt be happier that he was released. Like I said he has his positives, but it is heavily outweighed by negatives. This is just my opinon having watched the guy since college. I just dont think that he would be a good fit here.

Guys please tell me your arent serious??? Roy Williams as a falcon...NO THANKS!! spend the money on a vet corner like Rolle! only safety id have gone for is Sharper. I think id have a better chance of covering deep than roy williams!! and im a white scottish guy who prob runs the 40 in 6 seconds!

Rolle??? Heck no.

Guys please tell me your arent serious??? Roy Williams as a falcon...NO THANKS!! spend the money on a vet corner like Rolle! only safety id have gone for is Sharper. I think id have a better chance of covering deep than roy williams!! and im a white scottish guy who prob runs the 40 in 6 seconds!

Darren Sharper signed with a team yesterday, but I forgot which team it was. Maybe DeCoud will step or somebody we draft will. No other FA Safety is any good IMO.

I'd pass on an old (for the position) corner also....