Do you think we're being too quiet in free agency so far?

There is potential out there but it seems we are not moving on some targets in free agency. There have been several veteran cb's let go recently. No moves yet to upgrade out DT situation. What about our FS and SS? In the end I do trust that we'll do what's best for the franchise, but it's like pulling teeth watching other teams snap up so many solid vets. What do you think?

I think it's part of the long term plan. Cut down on our payroll by developing and drafting our own players more. Once we trim down our cap number over the next couple of seasons we can make a big FA splash or two each offseason.

I also think they'll wait for some good players to be cut after the draft that we can pickup.

I would like to see a little more action out of our team this offseaon, but I think we still have a chance to have a great draft. Also if in fact TD does have some tricks up his sleeve..I think we could really come out with one of the best draft grades this year. We have a quite a number of picks and the draft seems very deep this year.

It's kind of funny all this talk about inactivity

In 08 the Falcons signed 25 players total before the draft

In 09 the Falcons have signed 27 players total before the draft SO FAR. (with a month still to go) Yet they have been silent this year.

(OH only 3 big names this year as opposed to 6 or 8 in 08 but 2 more player overall this year)

In 08 the Falcons signed 27 players after the draft and before the 1st game of the season. (this does not count the draft of 11)

So there was just as much activity AFTER the draft in 08 maybe that will be the case this year.

But I really think TD will depend on the draft and just a few well chosen FAs this year and that some of those FAs will come after the draft and even after the cut downs from 80 to 53 players.

They can only take 80 players to camp and they are fairly close to that number now there may have to be some cuts after the draft to get down to 80. EDIT: wrong here there are 68 now so 7 draftees will get to 75.

The real question should be :

Do we want to hear people complaining about being inactive now, or do we want to hear people complaining in week 6 about how the FA we signed are overpayed and "past their prime".

It doesn't matter what happens or when, there will always be people complaining.

To be honest we added a lot ofveteran depth last year, so we don't have many needs at all.

I'd liketo have seen us add a cheap veteran Safety to back up Decoud and Coleman, and possibly a cheap veteran CB and/or DT to add to the rotation, but I'm not concerned.