Anyone else realize we'd be stupid to draft DE

jamesmasen

I understand JA isnt doing very well (sack wise) but with re-signing Chauncey i dont understand why anyone thinks michael johnston (or whatever) is coming to atlanta.. JA is a freak (physically anyway). If we drafted a DE with all our other holes starring us in the face we would look like raider nation.. I understand we need our line to be the best unit on the defense but that would be ********.. Were stuck with JA one more year reguardless of production.. nuff said so lets back our boy up and get over his lack of production, we need to give all our boys our support because their working their a**** off trying to produce for us so on sunday we can get drunk and fat and watch us get a W.. plus we drafted koy last year.. So stop it you AL Davis's of the AFMB.

The Pass Rush was non existent last year so I think DE and DT are our number one goal with LB just barely behind them. I think we draft the best player available that fits any of those three needs. I actually think it's smart, not stupid that we need a DE. Jamaal is a freak? OK, if you say so.

DE is a must. What other "holes" are bigger than DE? Maybe OLB, and safety depending on where DeCoud ends up. We have 7 picks. More than enough room to get another DE. Let's get a solid DT too.

Plus we work a rotation to keep guys fresh. We need at least 1 pass rusher in this draft, if not two.

The man is huge.. thats all im saying... and yes his production has been sad..

DT is my number one priority.. But noone will probably be there worth using our 24th on.. So i say S or LB otherwise

I am OK with any of the three positions as long as we get help at all three. BTW, I like Biermann too but he needs to add some muscle mass. He'll probably be good for us in the long run but right now he can't play the run. He got ran over badly when Jamaal got hurt and he came into replace him. He got killed.

DE is a must. What other "holes" are bigger than DE? Maybe OLB, and safety depending on where DeCoud ends up. We have 7 picks. More than enough room to get another DE. Let's get a solid DT too.

Plus we work a rotation to keep guys fresh. We need at least 1 pass rusher in this draft, if not two.

true. But getting another great DT will help everyone on the field including DE/OLB/CB/S.. I just think it seems wrong to go DE in first.. We have too many DE projects already in my mind.. Im basically going off the fact that our current DE's will get better this offseason (not fact actually hope)...

I think LB is priority #1 and I don't care what anybody else says.

LOL. OK. I think it's a priority too but I also think our starters are set. Peterson and Lofton are locks and Smitty already said he expects Nicholas to make a serious push to become the starter. He also has played well when he has played but he was never given the chance to even compete to unseat Brooking. That's why he hasn't started. Brooking was way better than him when he was a rookie and last year they needed Brooking out there to call plays and be the leader out there for the young guys. This year Nicholas is expected to become the starter by the coaching staff that sees him in practice everyday. I think it is a priority but not #1 because the starters are as close as it comes to set in stone. Then again, I could be wrong. :D

true. But getting another great DT will help everyone on the field including DE/OLB/CB/S.. I just think it seems wrong to go DE in first.. We have too many DE projects already in my mind.. Im basically going off the fact that our current DE's will get better this offseason (not fact actually hope)...

Do do make a very good point here. A great DT will make not only the DE's better but it will make the LB's better too.

I understand JA isnt doing very well (sack wise) but with re-signing Chauncey i dont understand why anyone thinks michael johnston (or whatever) is coming to atlanta.. JA is a freak (physically anyway). If we drafted a DE with all our other holes starring us in the face we would look like raider nation.. I understand we need our line to be the best unit on the defense but that would be ********.. Were stuck with JA one more year reguardless of production.. nuff said so lets back our boy up and get over his lack of production, we need to give all our boys our support because their working their a**** off trying to produce for us so on sunday we can get drunk and fat and watch us get a W.. plus we drafted koy last year.. So stop it you AL Davis's of the AFMB.

I think anytime you can draft for the D-Line then it is a good thing. Building depth on your offensive and defensive lines are paramount to success especially when injuries can decimate them so quickly. DT and DE are areas of need this off season.

Do do make a very good point here. A great DT will make not only the DE's better but it will make the LB's better too.

thats how i feel for sure.. Plus Mike Smith builds defense from the "inside-out" You know he wants a DT heres to hoping Trey comes out firing!