Saints sign Darren Sharper

nolafan33

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/03/ne...ee_to_te_1.html

The Saints have agreed to the long-anticipated deal with free agent safety Darren Sharper, his agent Joel Segal confirmed. Terms of the deal were not available.

Great move for the Saints. If anything, he will bring great veteran leadership and expierence to the secondary and help groom our new corners and safetys (fingers crossed for MJ). But, I still believe, as do many others, that he still has 2 or 3 really good seasons left in him.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he does, i wanted us to sign him for the same reasons you mentioned , oh well , good pick up man

I talked to a couple Viking fans (my uncle lives up there) and they weren't real happy about the move, they thought he was still a good player. But they had to move him, because they just drafted and signed someone last offseason.

I talked to a couple Viking fans (my uncle lives up there) and they weren't real happy about the move, they thought he was still a good player. But they had to move him, because they just drafted and signed someone last offseason.

well the Vikes, man with their 2 williams Goons in the middle , they could put about anyone back there, us, being Falcons and Saints dont have the Goon Brothers on the line and he would have more value with us than vikes... in my opion anyway

like i say nice pick up, it sux for us bigtime

This defense will have a whole new look to it. I will reserve smack about it when I see how it performs

on the field. I don't like the offseason cuz there is just so much anticipation and unfullfilled DYNASTY

Besides, if the Saints did get a good D, yall couldn't talk shyt like yall do. ^_^

fixed.

the Saints like us have the most crucial piece to winning in the NFL,,, an ELITE QB, aslong as you have that you have a chance to win games in this league ....

Too bad neither have done much in the playoffs yet. i know i know it was Ryan rookie year, but still. Brees has been in the league long enough and has done **** when it matters most

Too bad neither have done much in the playoffs yet. i know i know it was Ryan rookie year, but still. Brees has been in the league long enough and has done **** when it matters most

Brees also played in the tough AFC. Well it was that tough 3 to 4 seasons ago.

Well, if Bush is 'elite' in your book....then your definitions screwed the pooch long ago anyways.

Ryan is not elite though, not yet. But soon...and all without a dousche of a coach too.

Knew it was coming. Some how every other thread becomes the Bush thread.

Brees also played in the tough AFC. Well it was that tough 3 to 4 seasons ago.

peyton manning, tom brady, and ben roethlisburger all won superbowls in the tough AFC, and drew won nothing, I my self have not crowned drew brees a top 5 QB in the NFL yet, for this very reason. I got him slotted at number 6 though, and the NFC south fans seem to think he is a top 5 QB so, i guess he is a top 5 QB, but he still has not done anything when it matters yet. wich he will have to , to be considered one of the greats at the end of his career.

peyton manning, tom brady, and ben roethlisburger all won superbowls in the tough AFC, and drew won nothing, I my self have not crowned drew brees a top 5 QB in the NFL yet, for this very reason. I got him slotted at number 6 though, and the NFC south fans seem to think he is a top 5 QB so, i guess he is a top 5 QB, but he still has not done anything when it matters yet. wich he will have to , to be considered one of the greats at the end of his career.

I'll give you Brady and Manning, but I'll easily take Brees over Roethlisburger. And all 3 of them had decent defenses. You can't say that about our's. But I have a feeling that won't be the case this season.

I'll give you Brady and Manning, but I'll easily take Brees over Roethlisburger. And all 3 of them had decent defenses. You can't say that about our's. But I have a feeling that won't be the case this season.

ben roethlisburger is clutch man, he has the most 4th quarter come backs of any qb actively playing, i would take that any day of the week, yes he had defense, but that last offensive drive won the superbowl for him. his numbers arent as good as brees. but he is definently clutch and i woulld take him.