2 R.B. Set. Turner & Norwood

RyansHope

Was just wondering if we could pul this formation off? We all talk of giving Matt various options. this would be the max IMHO. handoff to Turner or Norwood. or a dump off pass to Norwood in the flats might be exsplosive! Not the "Wildcat" But this would fit more into our style of football. What do you guys think? <_<

Falcons 09.......................................

i think the more options we give Ryan the better off we will be. if that means putting two differant types of backs back there then i'm all for it. as long as postive yardage comes of it

Yea me too. i think it could work or atleast looked into it for all we know they might have already thought about it

We line up in split backs and a te.

Turner and norwood in the back.

We run a fake toss halfback slam option.

Ryan does a fake pitch (like he did in New Orleans. Which by the way was a thing of beauty. If I could make love to a play, that would be it) anyhow. The fake pitch to norwood and hands it to turner to bruise it inside. It should at least have some lbs looking in the different direction.

Or we could vice versa and fake inside handoff and pitch outside.

this formation could be made even more effective with a quick, great blocking TE or H-back (who is also a threat as a receiver of course). someone formidable and fast who can be put into motion frequently, more or less roaming the OL pre-snap looking for someone to hit. it also provides a 3rd backfield element that the defense needs to focus on, and this would in turn open up lots of running options - especially with the extra blocker moving about.

barwin comes to mind. though admittedly he needs to learn how to block first.

this formation could be made even more effective with a quick, great blocking TE or H-back (who is also a threat as a receiver of course). someone formidable and fast who can be put into motion frequently, more or less roaming the OL pre-snap looking for someone to hit. it also provides a 3rd backfield element that the defense needs to focus on, and this would in turn open up lots of running options - especially with the extra blocker moving about.

barwin comes to mind. though admittedly he needs to learn how to block first.

great point. Thanks Guys