Final 4 teams - which ones you got

SWIFT HITTER

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same, as does Obama. I think Memphis is going in with a case of chips on their shoulders after being snubbed for a #1 seed.

Memphis wasn't snubbed for a #1 seed. They play in a mid-major conference.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it's kind of silly how much publicity Obama filling out his brackets is getting? I mean it's on ESPN.com's homepage. Just wondering. I don't want this to become a political thread.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it's kind of silly how much publicity Obama filling out his brackets is getting? I mean it's on ESPN.com's homepage. Just wondering. I don't want this to become a political thread.

It's pathetic, they made a big deal about him being at the Bulls/Wizards game. I know he's president but those things are normal he still is a man.

Also agreed Memphis was not snubbed. Their two biggest wins were against Tennessee and Gonzaga, two underachieving teams.

I think they're just capitalizing on the story of the moment. Any Obama news is big news right now.

It's pathetic, they made a big deal about him being at the Bulls/Wizards game. I know he's president but those things are normal he still is a man.

Also agreed Memphis was not snubbed. Their two biggest wins were against Tennessee and Gonzaga, two underachieving teams.

Truthiness.

Since when is the NCAA Tournament for MAJOR conferences only? As someone that played NCAA sports I feel like there's too much emphasis placed on "MAJOR" conferences, there are plenty of very good teams that aren't in the spotlight 24/7 during the season across many sports. Memphis got snubbed, they have a great record and they won the games that were placed in front of them.. the mentality that only major conferences have a right to certain NCAA titles is why the BCS stinks and could eventually be the downfall of the popularity of the NCAA basketball tourney.

Obama getting is getting press for his ESPN bracket because it's interesting that someone in his position is participating in an event that the average Joe does on a yearly basis.. I don't think it's a bad thing that he's trying to relate to the rest of average citizen in this country. It's on ESPN.com's homepage because he did it FOR ESPN, they SHOULD have it on their homepage, Katz got a interview and a bracket out of Obama...that's worth being on the front page of a website.

That's exactly why it's worth reporting and why it's worth the time, he's trying to relate to the rest of us. I'm not a fan of Obama's politics but as an individual I think he's very interesting and he seems like an average person in the highest office in our country.. which is a nice departure from the Kennedy like syndrome that often plagues politics.

As far as attending the Wizards game, Clinton did the same thing and Bush attended Nationals games several times and it always added to the atmosphere of being at the game.. although security is a pain to get through when a President is attending a game.

Since when is the NCAA Tournament for MAJOR conferences only? As someone that played NCAA sports I feel like there's too much emphasis placed on "MAJOR" conferences, there are plenty of very good teams that aren't in the spotlight 24/7 during the season across many sports. Memphis got snubbed, they have a great record and they won the games that were placed in front of them.. the mentality that only major conferences have a right to certain NCAA titles is why the BCS stinks and could eventually be the downfall of the popularity of the NCAA basketball tourney.

Obama getting is getting press for his ESPN bracket because it's interesting that someone in his position is participating in an event that the average Joe does on a yearly basis.. I don't think it's a bad thing that he's trying to relate to the rest of average citizen in this country. It's on ESPN.com's homepage because he did it FOR ESPN, they SHOULD have it on their homepage, Katz got a interview and a bracket out of Obama...that's worth being on the front page of a website.

So if Morehead State had the same record as Memphis, should they get a #1 seed? I'm not saying that the Tigers aren't good, but they didn't deserve to be a #1 over the others. If they are one of the top teams, they have a chance to prove it now.

I always believe that if you are a news outlet, you're front page should be dedicated to news. Obama doing something that 80% of the country does is not news. It makes a nice feature, I guess, for somewhere else on the site. Having it front and center, and then promoting for the 6 p.m. SportsCenter, is another example of the overboard Obama love that drives me nuts. But again, this isn't a political thread so I don't want it to turn into such.

So if Morehead State had the same record as Memphis, should they get a #1 seed? I'm not saying that the Tigers aren't good, but they didn't deserve to be a #1 over the others. If they are one of the top teams, they have a chance to prove it now.

I always believe that if you are a news outlet, you're front page should be dedicated to news. Obama doing something that 80% of the country does is not news. It makes a nice feature, I guess, for somewhere else on the site. Having it front and center, and then promoting for the 6 p.m. SportsCenter, is another example of the overboard Obama love that drives me nuts. But again, this isn't a political thread so I don't want it to turn into such.

All teams should be considered for a #1 seed, not just those that bring in higher ad revenue dollars. Ad dollars are the only reason Memphis isn't a #1 seed, there is no other logical arguement. Which is why the NCAA always fails in the end to support the atheltes yet succeeds in making money.

What does ESPN stand for?

Entertainment

Sports

Programming

Network

No where does that say NEWS... CNN is for news.. Fox News.. has news right in the title.. ESPN has always been about entertainment.. that's exactly what the NCAA Brackets are.. and that's what Obama is participating in.

All teams should be considered for a #1 seed, not just those that bring in higher ad revenue dollars. Ad dollars are the only reason Memphis isn't a #1 seed, there is no other logical arguement. Which is why the NCAA always fails in the end to support the atheltes yet succeeds in making money.

Entertainment

Sports

Programming

Network

No where does that say NEWS... CNN is for news.. Fox News.. has news right in the title.. ESPN has always been about entertainment.. that's exactly what the NCAA Brackets are.. and that's what Obama is participating in.

You would have a stronger argument if they didn't put Memphis number 1 last year, but they did.

When you play a weak Conference schedule you better take care of all the teams in your out of Conference schedule. They did not do that.

Entertainment

Sports

Programming

Network

You're slipping closer and closer to stupidity by saying that the number 1s were based on revenue. I'm guessing you went to a small school, so did I. But the big schools are the best teams and that's it. This isn't about anything else but the fact that the teams Louisville, UConn, UNC and Pitt beat were stronger than the teams Memphis beat.

What I meant when I said news was sports news. I think you probably knew that but you wanted to make an argument. I can appreciate that but it's time to be serious now. One man filling out a tournament bracket is not news on any level. It's not really entertaining either since you want to go there.

This morning, a star player on a team that made the Sweet 16 in Division II was killed in a car accident. That is news and that is sports. Obama thinking North Carolina will win the tourney is not.