X Box 360 Bill Gates needs a beat down

ok i need to vent, so an hr ago i go to play my fav game CoD WaW, and i have a flashing red light in the bottom right, mind you this is my 5th 360 since 2005, thats $1500.00 man, when i bought this one i bought the extended warranty because i knew the other 4 all but 1 went out right after warranty expired, now this is not the typical flahing red lights, the thing was working fine 15 hrs ago, so the single flashing red light comes up and this well written page pops up, please contact x box support E 74 , guess what my warranty just ran out Jan 28th 2009 , not dont that seem a bit strange ? so i call and they are like ,well we know you have bought 5 in as many yrs but your warranty ran out 26 days ago and we are gonna need $120.00 to fix it.... i know Bill Gates has fixed my 360s to break after the warranty expires , this is my 4th one in 5 yrs, so what do you do ? Boycott Microsoft products ? well Mr Gates has his billions , only person that would hurt would be me , so i guess i like most others will say , Grease me up and let the screwin begin, but i swear to you B Gates , if i ever see your punk azz anywhere i will kick the Shat out of you.

right when the new map pack is due to come out lmao..... 10000 law suits in 42 states right now hanging over microsoft for this very thing, not 1 will get heard...watch

Sounds weird, I have never heard of anyone constantly getting the single red light multiple times. Whatever you doing to overheat your console, you need to change it. Something you are doing is causing massive heating to your Xbox. For getting repairs though, my advice to be honest though, is to lie(pun intended). Tell them it was the three red lights, they never check them, and you will get free repairs. I am a very honest person, and would never support lying. In this case though, you have already payed them well over what you should every have given.

Sounds weird, I have never heard of anyone constantly getting the single red light multiple times. Whatever you doing to overheat your console, you need to change it. Something you are doing is causing massive heating to your Xbox. For getting repairs though, my advice to be honest though, is to lie(pun intended). Tell them it was the three red lights, they never check them, and you will get free repairs. I am a very honest person, and would never support lying. In this case though, you have already payed them well over what you should every have given.

yea you do things like that and it comes back on ya x 10 usealy, i believe in Karma and i need none that is bad lol.... i will just bite the bullet and get it repaired, i am looking at the ps3 aswell tho... mainly i was Pizzed tho, ranted here a bit and at home lol... i am almost over it almost <_<

yea you do things like that and it comes back on ya x 10 usealy, i believe in Karma and i need none that is bad lol.... i will just bite the bullet and get it repaired, i am looking at the ps3 aswell tho... mainly i was Pizzed tho, ranted here a bit and at home lol... i am almost over it almost <_<

I am a proud Christian, but I would not let Microsoft rip me off like that. If you really aren't doing anything that would cause your 360 to overheat, and you're on your 5th console, then Microsoft owes you straight up.

How about this, my buddy had the 3 red rings, and sent it in only to be told they only found 1 red light. After 2 months of complaints he eventually paid for the repair (I saw the 3 red lights). So you send it in, and claim his; then all is right in the world. MS blew it on this one, and barring some major difference next gen, I will be buying some other companies machine.

I feel like wom, I need a crying game shower...

Aslo, you need to check how your device is situated. It sounds like ventalation is a hige problem...

ya know after thinking about it, i am selling all my 360 games tomorrow , and canceling my x box live subscription, i have never been late on paying it in 5 yrs, so if it was a gimmick to get more money, they failed and it will cost them muchhhhhhh more than 120.00 in the long run ,i am done with Microsoft, ps3 and wii just gained a new coustomer, what did it for me was an artical i found on the web about some of the ppl that worked there were instructed to send them out with bugs so they could gain profit through repairs, no way am i gonna be manipulated by a money sucking Vampire like microsoft, if my 7 bucks a month for live isnt enough for them , i will deal with someone else....

If you would like game recommendations and feature information for PS3, I'll be happy to give some.

I loved the Xbox last generation, but I can't support Microsoft INTENTIONALLY releasing a flawed product this generation in the X360. No one should.

Microsoft's Peter Moore, when he was at Microsoft before he left for EA, had the arrogance to suggest "hey, things break" in an interview he conducted in 2007. So not only did they release a flawed product knowing it would have problems, but they minimized it and denied the existence of problems for a year. They insult their consumer's mentality by doing this.

That's deceptive, that's negligent, and that's incompetent on their part.

Get up from under that rock. The failure rate for X360's was 33%. 1 out of every 3 consoles failed. I

The RROD isn't even the only problem. The X360 is known for scratching discs. Microsoft was sued for that by the EU and in the US. Where they admitted they didn't want to spend 50 extra cents per console to fix this problem.

Get up from under that rock. The failure rate for X360's was 33%. 1 out of every 3 consoles failed. I

The RROD isn't even the only problem. The X360 is known for scratching discs. Microsoft was sued for that by the EU and in the US. Where they admitted they didn't want to spend 50 extra cents per console to fix this problem.

Guess I have been lucky, I still have my launch system running strong, altho I did just recently install 2 ac cooling fans in the back of the cabinet that I keep my 360 and ps3 in, I installed them to move air out of the back therefore drawing heat from each console. I did a temp check with my multimeter and there was a 15 dgree drop in both systems with the fans running :)

Man that is a lot of breaks for one person to have. I had one break but they repaired it for free, and its been fine since. Is there any chance you have it set up in a place that is not ventilated. or Are you using it in the shower? or burying it in the backyard?

that sucks!! I would at least call and complain about it, and tell them what has happened and what you are about to do.

Get up from under that rock. The failure rate for X360's was 33%. 1 out of every 3 consoles failed.

Get out from under "that" rock? How about this, F* off. Who the H* do you think you are coming off with that sort of comment over something as petty as a game console.

Don't know what your obsession with ranting on about the 360 and your love for your PS3 is about, but I was just giving honest straight forward observations from experience over the years(been on the Xbox and 360 since they were both released). The OP said he was getting the single red light, which means it's an overheating problem. I have never had an overheating problem, even after having the console on for 14+ hours at time(on accident). I have never had a problem with the 360 scratching a disk, and don't know anyone who has. I had the three red lights once, and had it repaired for free. That's my second console.

I don't know where you get your figures from. I call absolute BS on the 1/3 consoles failing claim. I know of at least 10 people who have 360's in real life, and I have around 70+ friends on Xbox Live. I would estimate that at most, 10 of those people have had console problems. Only two had them more than once.

Get out from under "that" rock? How about this, F* off. Who the H* do you think you are coming off with that sort of comment over something as petty as a game console.

Don't know what your obsession with ranting on about the 360 and your love for your PS3 is about, but I was just giving honest straight forward observations from experience over the years(been on the Xbox and 360 since they were both released). The OP said he was getting the single red light, which means it's an overheating problem. I have never had an overheating problem, even after having the console on for 14+ hours at time(on accident). I have never had a problem with the 360 scratching a disk, and don't know anyone who has. I had the three red lights once, and had it repaired for free. That's my second console.

I don't know where you get your figures from. I call absolute BS on the 1/3 consoles failing claim. I know of at least 10 people who have 360's in real life, and I have around 70+ friends on Xbox Live. I would estimate that at most, 10 of those people have had console problems. Only two had them more than once.

I saw somewhere that only 17% were working coming off the line at the begining.

68%

30%

Current gen still around 10%

As for you and your friends, good for you. Hopefully you got a good one that continues to work for a long time. I personally think its bs for any electronic to **** out after any amount of time. Quality is a huge issue that needs to be adressed, and that will only happen by the consumer. I'm not saying boycott the 360, or that it sucks, but you have to admit that number is rediculous. That being said, 3 of my best friends have 360's and two have RROD'd and the last one scratches every game it plays.

I'm not going to say it takes 50 cents per unit to make it better, but really how much more could it be?

I saw somewhere that only 17% were working coming off the line at the begining.

68%

30%

Current gen still around 10%

Man thats crazy, I have worked at a few manufacturing facilities in my time and if the failure rate was that high coming right off the production line they wouldn't make the product, its as simple as that, you would never make a dime with an 83% failure rate

FWIW, the PS3 has it's share of overheating, etc. issues and it is becoming well documented too. Still, when they work, both systems are awesome. I'd definitely check my setup if something like that had happened to me. Do you use a surge suppressor? Is your system on a flat surface and is it well ventillated? I've only had one problem over the past few years and I have 2 systems. Also, I would imagine that it may also depend on how many hours a day you're leaving it on. I'm not saying that it's a good thing, but we're past the days of pausing Nintendos and going out somewhere. These high tech devices have smaller components and are more sensitive to overheating.

Man thats crazy, I have worked at a few manufacturing facilities in my time and if the failure rate was that high coming right off the production line they wouldn't make the product, its as simple as that, you would never make a dime with an 83% failure rate

Well... if you have gullible people who are ignorant about what's going on, then you can make money.

Some people just have no standards in life.

I can't understand how somebody with a normally-functioning brain, can say, "I'm going to support negligence and deception. I like such behavior, so I'll support it, even though it'll come back to bite me in the end."

I guess those people also buy cars designed to break down every few thousand miles too.

Well... if you have gullible people who are ignorant about what's going on, then you can make money.

I can't understand how somebody with a normally-functioning brain, can say, "I'm going to support negligence and deception. I like such behavior, so I'll support it, even though it'll come back to bite me in the end."

I guess those people also buy cars designed to break down every few thousand miles too.

Why is it that you insist on insulting everyone who isn't you? It's like you've got something wrong in your brain. Seriously, I haven't had to pay one penny to keep my 360 going and I've had mine for years. How is that supporting any deception? They said that if mine broke, they would fix it. It broke once (after a **** of a lot of gaming BTW) and they fixed it, for free. It was probably my fault anyway. Back then, I put my 360 on top of my old XBox and inside of my entertainment system. Also, your analogy sucks. How many cars have something semi major go wrong right after the warranty goes out? A lot. You're just upset, because your console is pulling up the rear in sales.

I'm sorry bro, no manufacturing facility in the world no matter how crooked would put up with that kind of fail rate off the line, a 2% failure rate is unacceptable AND over budget in any place I have ever worked

Hahaha, wow. That was dead on. Wom you got a response to this you sniveling little nerd? Is your condescension really necessary? Do you like to talk big on the internet because your socially ******** self can't do it in real life? Stick to the forums troll...