We can't really say Dimitroff is "following the Patriot way"

yesmann

The Patriots make big splashes in the offseason every year. Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Galloway, and possibly peppers. There are other ways to build a team than by signing no FAs and trading no draft picks for vets. Signing FAs does not prevent teams from "building through the draft." Dimitroff probably thinks guys like Nichola/Decoud/Davis are about as good or better than man of the available FAs. I guess we'll see if it pays off for him. One way to test his strategy is to compare our success with that of the Redskins, who have proven to be the anti-pats this offseason.

The Patriots make big splashes in the offseason every year. Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Galloway, and possibly peppers. There are other ways to build a team than by signing no FAs and trading no draft picks for vets. Signing FAs does not prevent teams from "building through the draft." Dimitroff probably thinks guys like Nichola/Decoud/Davis are about as good or better than man of the available FAs. I guess we'll see if it pays off for him. One way to test his strategy is to compare our success with that of the Redskins, who have proven to be the anti-pats this offseason.

Your post meant so mmuch to me that i only read like three sentences if it <_< oh well. He is not a mold of the patriots way, he is own guy. He went to school at New England Patriots University and now he is working for us. Trust him, think of him like the smartest kid that went to harvard. haha yeah lets see what this guy can do, I would bet money that we all love it 10 years from now

those were 2 of the last 3 years. and the patriots have only been doing that because their window is closing. brady's getting older, moss is getting older, it's time for them to win as much as they can now.

the falcons on the other hand have time. we must build.

Yea, and a lot of this is new to them and it just so happens that their GM is now gone. They are doing things very out of their ordinary this season. Moss and Thomas was kind of the exception but those players didn't really cost them much. About the same thing we did with getting Turner and Coleman last year and then Peterson this year. Not to mention some of our own resigned FA's were kind of big. He is very much doing things the Patriot way. You can't look at what they are doing now because like BossFalcon said, the window is getting tighter and their GM is gone that built that org in the first place.

Yea, and a lot of this is new to them and it just so happens that their GM is now gone. They are doing things very out of their ordinary this season. Moss and Thomas was kind of the exception but those players didn't really cost them much. About the same thing we did with getting Turner and Coleman last year and then Peterson this year. Not to mention some of our own resigned FA's were kind of big. He is very much doing things the Patriot way. You can't look at what they are doing now because like BossFalcon said, the window is getting tighter and their GM is gone that built that org in the first place.

Dammit gotta agree ^_^ good points.

How many Super Bowls have the Pats won since making those acquisitions?

They don't make big splashes every year. What was their big splash last year? Last year we signed Michael Turner. Chill out.

The core of the team that the Patriots have in place right now was built through the draft. Once that core was solid, they started adding a few pieces here and there through FA.

They are looking long-term, obviously. This season is going to be a tough season for the Falcons. We will be lucky to be 8-8. I think Dimitroff is eyeballing 2010 more than 2009.

Jedi, I think you are as stupid as your sig is, if you think that a professional business man, whose job is to instill a winning tradition in an NFL franchise, would sacrifice even one game, let alone an entire season, just to be able to win the following year.

My take is that from conversation with Mike Smith, and the coaching staff, TD has decided that we didn't need to replace a lot of the talent that left, because the replacements for those guys are already on our roster. The problem is that our knee-jerk, instant gratification, microwave generation fan base wants it all now, and that is not the Thomas Dimitroff way.

The other hole in your logic is that you assume that the teams that we will play this year are all going to be as good as they were last year. Year to Year in the NFL, there are only a handful of franchises that win consistently...the Redskins, Jets, Ravens, Giants, Dolphins (all opponents this year) do not, and there's no guarantee they will next year either.