TE steal of the Draft?

KMarch

Granted, I go to UF (but I'm a grad student so not really loyal), but I'm interested to see where Cornelius Ingram goes in this draft. I don't know much about Combine numbers, but for all you stat freaks:

Combine:

Height: 6-4

Weight: 245

40 Yrd Dash: 4.68

20 Yrd Dash: 2.69

10 Yrd Dash: 1.53 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21

Vertical Jump: 33

Broad Jump:

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.53

3-Cone Drill: 7.12

This guy was a great blocker and pass receiver before tearing his ACL earlier last year. He's back 100% healthy and could be a steal. He was a John Mackey Award Candidate in 2007, and had a great 2006 as well. I wouldn't mind seeing the Falcons take a flyer on him in the 3rd if there. I've heard a lot about other TE's in this deep draft, but nothing on him. I know everyone has their own "patented" picks, but any discussion on Ingram would be interesting.

I question how much speed and explosiveness he lost from the injury. A 4.7 is fairly pedestrian for an undersized receiving TE. And the vertical, shuttle, and 3 cone are just decent. Pre Injury, he was a beast. I don't know about him now. Could be one of those unlucky guys who loses a significant bit when he comes back, like Willis McGahee, or Kregg Lumpkin.

More info from KFFL for those not familiar:

Strengths

* Highly athletic with a nice combination of speed (expected sub-4.6 40 time) and size (6-foot-3 3/4, 245 pounds) to create mismatches

* An excellent pass catcher with soft hands

* Excels over the middle of the field and finds holes to sit in against zone coverage

* Makes difficult catches in traffic

* Versatile - can line up in the slot

Weaknesses

* Character concerns after an eviction and accusations of damages to a Gainesville, Fla. apartment

* Not a great straight-line blocker

* Could add weight to his frame

* Recovering from a major injury that cost him the development of his senior season

* A "tweener" player who may get lost in the NFL or moved to an H-back role

Expected draft placement

Ingram is going to intrigue teams that need a pass-catching tight end. Some of these teams already run or are planning to use a spread offense. The Buffalo Bills, Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions and Atlanta Falcons are all realistic possibilities in the second round of the draft. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Carolina Panthers and New York Giants could find themselves in position to take Ingram as a luxury selection, too. Ingram could slide into the third round depending upon how healthy his knee is and how teams view his character, but it is highly unlikely for him to freefall into the fourth round.

I was honestly about to start a thread about this guy. No one mentions him as a possible draft pick for us. He's good, and we can get him deep in the draft to still put our top priority on the defense. I think we will see him in a Falcons uniform, personally.

I was honestly about to start a thread about this guy. No one mentions him as a possible draft pick for us. He's good, and we can get him deep in the draft to still put our top priority on the defense. I think we will see him in a Falcons uniform, personally.

I don't know how deep we can get him, though. On my earlier posting from KFFL, they doubt he'll be around in the 4th round. I think it's doubtful he drops to into mid-3rd personally.

Interesting: If this post was the 50th about Pettigrew it would have 30 replies by now. But since it's about a value pick in the 3rd round and one that a bunch of UGA fans don't like, no one cares.

I gave you a detailed response that you didn't bother to respond too. And you're barking up the wrong tree with the UGA comments. I love UGA, and I'd happily take elite gator players, I'm just not sure he qualifies, post injury.

I gave you a detailed response that you didn't bother to respond too. And you're barking up the wrong tree with the UGA comments. I love UGA, and I'd happily take elite gator players, I'm just not sure he qualifies, post injury.

Good point. I would be more hesitant to draft a RB or even WR coming off an ACL than a TE. Plus, he performed well enough at the combine to get him in the discussion of top 5 TE's available. So, if those scouts were impressed, I'd think the ACL isn't too much a concern. I think J. Michael Moore made a good point on the podcast when he talked about the concern with Ingram being whether or not he knows the position yet. Dude was a serious athlete and was supposed to take over the QB spot after Chris Leak left.

That would give Mularkey a little flexibility on trick plays, too! Razzle Dazzle!

hey guys you should check out the NFL DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY FORUM i have ingram stuff posted all over and in the FAVORITE TE IN THE DRAFT LOOK IT UP its great i am the absolute biggest supporter of ingram check out the signature he will be the biggest steal of a TE in the draft and should run even better at Florida's proday tomorrow

hey guys you should check out the NFL DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY FORUM i have ingram stuff posted all over and in the FAVORITE TE IN THE DRAFT LOOK IT UP its great i am the absolute biggest supporter of ingram check out the signature he will be the biggest steal of a TE in the draft and should run even better at Florida's proday tomorrow

Awesome, thanks. Glad to see a fellow supporter.