Question about Chevis Jackson.

ghost87

How good of a season would you say he had? I know he had that INT for TD against us but did he do anything else? :huh:

IMO, he is a bit over hyped. I think he might turn out to be a good player but I don't think he's ready for prime time yet. That int was pretty much the only play he made all year. He almost had an int in the AZ game but that was off a deflection. He wasn't bad but he wasn't making plays either. I think he will be good but I hope he's ready to step up and maybe start. I have my doubts. Most people on here are going to tell you he is a baller but like I said, that pick 6 was the only highlight reel he made all year long.

an int in the playoffs, and i dont think he allowed any huge plays all season long, but he wasn't a starter, so he wasnt really facing competition

He didn't make that int., it was over turned because it hit the ground. It was also a deflection so it really wasn't a play that shows his CB skills.

your dumb if you judge a players seasons off how many highlights they made.

I judge a player off of his performance for the year. Not one highlight that he did make. He was thrown on all of last year. Not many pass breakups and only one int. He didn't play poorly but he didn't play great either.

IMO, he is a bit over hyped. I think he might turn out to be a good player but I don't think he's ready for prime time yet. That int was pretty much the only play he made all year. He almost had an int in the AZ game but that was off a deflection. He wasn't bad but he wasn't making plays either. I think he will be good but I hope he's ready to step up and maybe start. I have my doubts. Most people on here are going to tell you he is a baller but like I said, that pick 6 was the only highlight reel he made all year long.

Ghost Rider, I dont know what your expectations of him were, but i think that he did a good job of playing what he was asked to do, but he was still a rookie. He has the best ball skills out of all of our CB on the roster right now (excluding Hutchins because i havent seen him play). I think that with another OTa, Minicamp, Offseason workout program he would compete for a starting spot and i believe that he would win it. I am not saying that he will be a probowl CB next year, because he will have some growing pains even as a second year player, but i think that he will be solid for us, with the potential to be a good Cover -2 Corner. :D

Ghost Rider, I dont know what your expectations of him were, but i think that he did a good job of playing what he was asked to do, but he was still a rookie. He has the best ball skills out of all of our CB on the roster right now (excluding Hutchins because i havent seen him play). I think that with another OTa, Minicamp, Offseason workout program he would compete for a starting spot and i believe that he would win it. I am not saying that he will be a probowl CB next year, because he will have some growing pains even as a second year player, but i think that he will be solid for us, with the potential to be a good Cover -2 Corner. :D

Agreed. He's not the fastest, but he's very cerebral and has some good ball skills that will continue to improve with another offseason program. IMO, I think we let foxworth go because the coaching staff is confident that he will step his game up and become our starter.

He didn't make that int., it was over turned because it hit the ground. It was also a deflection so it really wasn't a play that shows his CB skills.

are you questioning my fanhood? he made the **** interception

here is the postseason stats... thats **** good company to be in with, especially not being a startert...PDEF also

Capture-2.jpg

Actually he did have the int against the Cards

he had that 1 INT against NO in the first game, and he dropped one in the 2nd NO game (it was originally called an INT but was overruled).

he did get an INT in the arizona game. that set us up for the TD that gave us the lead before halftime. overall he had a good rookie year. he wasn't perfect but no rookie (or player for that matter) is.

the only bad game i remember him having was the first tampa game. ike hilliard was killing him on 3rd downs.

he had that 1 INT against NO in the first game, and he dropped one in the 2nd NO game (it was originally called an INT but was overruled).

he did get an INT in the arizona game. that set us up for the TD that gave us the lead before halftime. overall he had a good rookie year. he wasn't perfect but no rookie (or player for that matter) is.

the only bad game i remember him having was the first tampa game. ike hilliard was killing him on 3rd downs.

yeah that was the game Matt got killed by TB, but that gave both of them great experience for the rest of the season.

My expectations were probably a little too high for him last year. I think he played good as a rookie too but some people that I've chatted with on here act like he made plays all over the place. He didn't and it is still a question of whether he is ready to step into a starters role. I hope he can and I definitely think he can at some point. I do think he will compete for it next year. Also the slot receiver is sometimes the hardest guy to cover on the field because they are typically the smaller shifty receivers. O think he can get there but when I answered the question I was thinking of how people would come on here and say he was balling last year because of past conversations. That is what I mean by over hyped. Some people on here do over hype the season he had last year when I know I watched him give up many completions last year. I didn't mean to be negative, I was trying to be honest about the season he had.

Personally, I think Chevis is our best corner right now. All he needed was to get his feet wet (mission accomplished).

As has been stated, he did have TWO interceptions this year: The first was agianst the Aint's (sealed the victory) and the other was in the playoffs against the Cards.

Though his straight line speed isn't great, it doesn't have to be to play our system. He has tremendous short-area burst and phenominal ball skills - two criteria that are a must for our CBs to excel.

are you questioning my fanhood? he made the **** interception

here is the postseason stats... thats **** good company to be in with, especially not being a startert...PDEF also

Capture-2.jpg

I never questioned your fan hood. Geez. That int was over turned. I watched it with my own eyes. He trapped it on the ground. It was given to him then AZ challenged and it was overturned. Don't know why the stats still have it listed but that is what happened in the game. I don't know what to tell you other than that. I have no doubt your a true fan. What would that have to do with your fan hood anyway? The ball was also tipped by Brooking so it wasn't that he had this great coverage anyway. The ball was tipped backwards and he made a diving attempt at it. The call was overturned. Bottom line.

BossFalcon, am I thinking of the wrong game. Was it the NO game that the call was over turned. My bad ya'll. I still wasn't questioning dude's fan hood. That's ridiculous. We are all fans. I guess some of us have better memories than others. lol. I was wrong, are ya happy? lol.

You are thinking of the second saints game

Yea, I got that now. My memory gets a bit fuzzy these days. lol. I never said the dude was a bum anyway. When I said he is a little over hyped, I meant by some people on this MB. I think the guy will end up being a player at some point for us. I just am not 100% sold he is ready right now. I hope he is and I think we will all find out sooner than later.

Yea, I got that now. My memory gets a bit fuzzy these days. lol. I never said the dude was a bum anyway. When I said he is a little over hyped, I meant by some people on this MB. I think the guy will end up being a player at some point for us. I just am not 100% sold he is ready right now. I hope he is and I think we will all find out sooner than later.

It is cool. I really feel like we have less holes that what people are saying we have.