Bulldogs’ next coach probably ‘Dancing’.

SacFalcFan

99 on one test and a 71 on the other one. Finished with a 87 in the class that I made the 99 on the final. Finish with a 75ish in the class that I made a 71 on the final, didn't really need this class.

cool.. well at least you did pass in one of those and did great in the other..

Why exactly would Anderson or Capel leave Mizzou or Oklahoma for UGA? Don't know of any prior connection between them and UGA.

$$$$ talks and ******** walks.

This is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country for HS talent. Any coach would be crazy to pass that up.

The UGA BB program is a sleeping giant, not much unlike Florida football prior to 1990. Get the right coach in here, and you'll awaken it.

This is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country for HS talent. Any coach would be crazy to pass that up.

The UGA BB program is a sleeping giant, not much unlike Florida football prior to 1990. Get the right coach in here, and you'll awaken it.

Capel has already turned that OU team around immensely in just three years. He has the chance to make that program special year-in and year-out, something that has been lacking for a while. He's making just over $1 million now, and you can expect him to get a pretty hefty raise, especially if OU makes a deep-run in the tourney. The state of Georgia may have a ton of talent, but Capel has proven that he's good enough of a recruiter (and a winner) to get some great talent (see Blake Griffin, Juan Patillo, and Willie Warren).

GA is a fertile recruiting ground, but it is not the most. Capel has already done very well to get talent to Oklahoma, and is already making around $1 million. I imagine he will likely get a raise, and I somehow doubt UGA is going to make Capel one of the ten highest paid coaches in college basketball.

GA is a fertile recruiting ground, but it is not the most. Capel has already done very well to get talent to Oklahoma, and is already making around $1 million. I imagine he will likely get a raise, and I somehow doubt UGA is going to make Capel one of the ten highest paid coaches in college basketball.

Yeah it's one of the best.. this year's top 100 players, 10 were from the state of Georgia and that's not a one year wonder either.. So we are talking about 10% of the best players each year come from Georgia. If it's not the best, it's close to it yearly. Clem UGA is willing to pay up to 2.8 million for the right coach and they will offer Capel that to get him if they want to. Imagine a uga with meeks and douglas staying home to play for the instate school. The UGA basketball program is one that could be something special.

The ATL metro area is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. It is a known fact. End of discussion. Look it up for yourself and you'll see.

And you are wrong that UGA will not make Capel one of the 10-highest paid coaches. Damon has already said that $2 MIL is the MINIMUM that will be offered. Possibly as much as 2.5 or 2.6 MIL, or possibly like Sac said up to 2.8MIL, which is what Richt makes. That would make whomever gets the job the 2nd highest paid caoch in the SEC behind Donovan.

Capel has already turned that OU team around immensely in just three years. He has the chance to make that program special year-in and year-out, something that has been lacking for a while. He's making just over $1 million now, and you can expect him to get a pretty hefty raise, especially if OU makes a deep-run in the tourney. The state of Georgia may have a ton of talent, but Capel has proven that he's good enough of a recruiter (and a winner) to get some great talent (see Blake Griffin, Juan Patillo, and Willie Warren).

Word is is that Capel's wife isn't that happy in Norman.

And you know it's all about what the woman wants. ;)

The ATL metro area is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. It is a known fact. End of discussion. Look it up for yourself and you'll see.

And you are wrong that UGA will not make Capel one of the 10-highest paid coaches. Damon has already said that $2 MIL is the MINIMUM that will be offered. Possibly as much as 2.5 or 2.6 MIL, or possibly like Sac said up to 2.8MIL, which is what Richt makes. That would make whomever gets the job the 2nd highest paid caoch in the SEC behind Donovan.

Well, since Pit&Atl said so, I guess it's set in stone then. I still think the NY/NJ and MD/DC area are more consistent. There's probably a case for the LA area as well.

UGA is really going to go up to 2.8 mil/yr for a guy who currently has won one NCAA tournament game? Of course, it should increase quite a bit soon, but that's a lot of money (more than I believe all but 3-5 current head coaches).

Well, since Pit&Atl said so, I guess it's set in stone then. I still think the NY/NJ and MD/DC area are more consistent. There's probably a case for the LA area as well.

UGA is really going to go up to 2.8 mil/yr for a guy who currently has won one NCAA tournament game? Of course, it should increase quite a bit soon, but that's a lot of money (more than I believe all but 3-5 current head coaches).

clem,

i hate to tell you but the state of Georgia (especially the metro atlanta area and gwinnett) is one of the most consistent areas for top talent in the country.. that isn't a guess.. i already showed you just 1 year example of that with this past year. Regarding the 2.8 million per year, if it takes that Evans will offer that.. Will he spend that on capel? No one truly knows if he is that high on uga's list, but if that's needed uga can and will spend it.. UGA is one of the top schools (believe top 2 or 3) regarding revenue and they will spend what they need to in order to get a top guy in here if they feel that is what is necessary..

clem,

i hate to tell you but the state of Georgia (especially the metro atlanta area and gwinnett) is one of the most consistent areas for top talent in the country.. that isn't a guess.. i already showed you just 1 year example of that with this past year. Regarding the 2.8 million per year, if it takes that Evans will offer that.. Will he spend that on capel? No one truly knows if he is that high on uga's list, but if that's needed uga can and will spend it.. UGA is one of the top schools (believe top 2 or 3) regarding revenue and they will spend what they need to in order to get a top guy in here if they feel that is what is necessary..

Where did I say the state of Georgia wasn't a consistent area for top talent? I just don't agree it is without a doubt the best in the country. Just glancing at the top 30 on rivals for 2009, I count 3 from the Los Angeles area, 3 from NY/NJ, and 1 from the ATL.

Where did I say the state of Georgia wasn't a consistent area for top talent? I just don't agree it is without a doubt the best in the country. Just glancing at the top 30 on rivals for 2009, I count 3 from the Los Angeles area, 3 from NY/NJ, and 1 from the ATL.

my point has been that Georgia puts out as much talent as any state in the country. this is what I am referring to regarding consistently putting out great talent.. 2008 in the top 150 in the country 12 players from Georgia. 2009 in the top 150 in the country 13 players from georgia. I am not disagreeing with you regarding saying that it's the best without a doubt because you know with recruiting it's subjective anyways. I was just showing the amount of instate talent Georgia has is something.