My 2009 Mock Draft

atljbo

2009 Mock Draft (Player Age)

TRADE

Giants = 24th pick (Hakeem Nicks or Darrius Heyward-Bey)

Falcons = 29th pick and 91th pick

johnson.jpg

610x.jpg

29th pick : 6’7 266lbs DE Michael Johnson (22) : This pick remind me of when the Giants draft 6’6 266lbs Mathias Kiwanuka… Everbody screamed that Kiwanuka was a 2nd round pick because he had so called down senior season (51 tackles, 16.5 tackle for loss, 9.5 sacks…. Déjà vu) and question his motor…. I feel like this is going to be a big time steal for us in a couple of years…. Michael Johnson has the skillset and work ethic to become a great DE….. MJ can come in day 1 and give us another much needed pass rusher… I know allot of you guys are not high on Michael Johnson but this guy game is made for the NFL…. With Ray Hamilton, John Abraham, Our Strength and Conditioning Coach, and Chuck Smith (that’s who he train with)….. I have no doubt in my mind that Michael Johnson will be a great DE.

610x.jpg

55th pick : 6’3 330lbs DT Ron Brace (22) : B.J. Raji gets all of the props but it was Ron Brace who held down BC defense during Matt Ryan last year there (B.J Raji was suspended that whole season)…. Mike Mayock said that Matt Ryan gushed about Ron Brace run stopping ability….. Ron Brace is not a pass rusher but he generates enough penetration and clog up thos running lanes….. With Ron Brace and Trew Lewis sharing that NT position, We should have a good run defense.

2003988995.jpg

610x.jpg

90th pick : 5’11 198lbs CB Victor Harris (23) :Victor Harris is this year’s Daymeion Hughes… Like Hughes, Macho Harris has 1st round in tangibles and skillset but dude 40 is deadly slow (both left college with 15 ints)… Hughes ran a 4.56 and slip to the 95th pick…. Macho Harris fits our Cover 2 scheme perfectly as a guy on the outside or a nickel back….. Macho is a ball hawk, great tackler, very aggressive, and has the intangibles (leadership)…… I really like Victor’s swag too….. Harris can also return punts…. I feel like with Victor Harris added to our CB group, we will have a solid young group of CB’s.

c9fac5d040ccab9d4eb134320733da96.jpg

91st pick : 5’11 205lbs FS Rashad Johnson (23) : Rashad Johnson remind me of Eric Coleman… A guy that’s good at everything but is not great at nothing (a very solid football player)……. Rashad Johnson is a guy that’s not special but he fits our Cover 2 scheme perfectly tho….. Rashad is a deep playing cover 2 safety that can play the ball…. Rashad Johnson is a Decent tackler, tough, ball hawk with the intangibles (great work ethic and great football IQ) that TD love’s.

3ptmc456.jpg

4th round: 6’1 241lbs LB Jason Williams (22) : This guy is a Stephen Nicholas clone. A fast/explosive sideline to sideline LB. Jason Williams can play all 3 LB positions if needed….. J.Will ran a 4.4 40 at his pro day and dude translate that speed on the football feid (evident by his 2007 and 2008 production). In 07 Jason had 107 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 8 sacks, 5 forced fumbles and followed that up with a 67 tackles, 17 TFL, 4 sacks, 6 pass deflections, and 6 forced fumbles (lead the nation) in 2008…… With a year or 2 of sitting and learning while playing special team, Jason Williams will be ready to take over the WLB position from Mike Peterson.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

georgiatech_andrew_gardner.jpg

5th round: 6’6 305lbs LT/RT Andrew Gardner (23) :Before Georgia Tech switch to that triple-option offense, Andrew Gardner was considered one of the best OT in the nation….. Andrew Gardner has the quick feet, good punch, and have long arms…. Andrew Gardner is a Sam Baker type LT (a dancer not a mauler)

illinois-football-ball-st-520.jpg

5th round: 6’6 246lbs TE Darius Hill (23) : Darius Hill is a big time sleeper…. Hill is a TE that can make the big plays down the field… Hill was not asked to block but he has the work ethic and willingness to learn

VJZLKJSAHOFVSVW.20080402174114.jpg

6th round: 6’3 235lbs LB Brad Jones (23) ) : A very explosive LB ... Can also play DE on passing downs if needed... This guy can be a big time hidden Gem..... Brad is a sideline to sideline type LB that has a never ending motor

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

7. To Denver

UDFA

6’5 305lbs G Seth Olsen: A Harvey Dahl type aggressive guard

6’4 216lbs SS Javorris Jackson (28) : A big athletic safety

6’5 320lbs DT Khalif Mitchell:A big athletic DT with allot of potential

6’1 200lbs CB/S D.J. Clark: A twenner that can play S and CB

thankyou.... I feel like this draft help us out allot in different areas.... I really like Linebackers Jason Williams and Brad Jones.... Both are really explosive LB

BTW, Gardner is a much better run blocker than Baker. The trouble is that he played with an injured shoulder last season.

i like Gardner also...... GT changeing to a tripple offense really helped us out...... Before last year Gardner was a sure fire 2nd round pick

after looking at this another time, my curiosity is stirring again about Nicholas. some say he is better suited for SLB, others say WLB. we do know he wasnt playing running downs at SLB, which makes me think he is going to play WLB this season. its a tough question this early in the offseason, but one that could dictate whether to draft someone like Follett (SLB, MLB, wlb) or Williams (WLB, slb, mlb).

Don't really like the Macho Harris pick but if he's the best cover 2 corner left then I'd be okay with it. I think sometimes this 100% effort on every play gets overblown and i think johnson is a case of this. obviously you look for max effort and i can agree that it isn't always apparent with johnson but i think some of it has to do with scheme. his game translates much better to the pros imo

Saying a guy is a "Stephen Nicholas" clone isn't exactly a good way to impress with your selection either.

I'm not trying to impress anybody.... I'm just saying my mock draft... These are players that i like.... you dont have to like them.... just my opinion

Don't really like the Macho Harris pick but if he's the best cover 2 corner left then I'd be okay with it. I think sometimes this 100% effort on every play gets overblown and i think johnson is a case of this. obviously you look for max effort and i can agree that it isn't always apparent with johnson but i think some of it has to do with scheme. his game translates much better to the pros imo

I agree with your Michael Johnson comment 100%.... I feel like because of Michael Johnson measurable, everybody want this guy to be the complete player right now.... 2 things

1.GT did not ask Michael Johnson to do the things that benefits him best.

2. If Michael Johnson was the complete package we would not have a chance at getting him.

I just feel like the guy will be a special DE.... I'm not going off of just his measurable.. Michael Johnson has a quick first step and some very effective pass rushing moves....... Yes the guy has to get stronger lower body wise and lean how to shed blockers but those things are teachable...... Mchael Johnson is a guy that works hard and is willing to learn

I'm not trying to impress anybody.... I'm just saying my mock draft... These are players that i like.... you dont have to like them.... just my opinion

Ok, well why would somebody being a Stephen Nicholas clone be a reason for you to like him? Nicholas hasn't done much of anything except be a backup. I would think you could aim higher in regards to your pick.

Great mock even though I am not sold on Johnson because his play of the field or lack thereof. Other than that really solid draft, the best I've seen on the MB. Good job. I would be very happy if this turned out and I would be pretty confident that Coach Smith and company could help Johnson turn into a really nice player for us.

I agree with your Michael Johnson comment 100%.... I feel like because of Michael Johnson measurable, everybody want this guy to be the complete player right now.... 2 things

1.GT did not ask Michael Johnson to do the things that benefits him best.

2. If Michael Johnson was the complete package we would not have a chance at getting him.

I just feel like the guy will be a special DE.... I'm not going off of just his measurable.. Michael Johnson has a quick first step and some very effective pass rushing moves....... Yes the guy has to get stronger lower body wise and lean how to shed blockers but those things are teachable...... Mchael Johnson is a guy that works hard and is willing to learn

I agree, i can understand people's knock on him for being inconsistent but i don't get the he has no heart or no effort argument. Johnson's effort has never been called into question and he sacrificed personal stats by dropping into zone coverage, if he had said no he would be closer to 15 sacks. I think McShay and the other scouts see this great talent and wonder why he doesn't have amazing stats and merely chalk it up to motor and effort. Im not saying he is a 110% type of guy but he's not jamaal anderson 2.0 either