Connor Barwin - Univ. of Cincy's DE/TE/OLB - this guy sounds like a physical freak

g-dawg

Gil Brandt Chat on NFL.com - Connor Barwin

I think maybe we should all start checking this guy out - sounds like he is really moving up the boards and could be a first rounder. I have not been interested in him to date - still a Clay Matthews fan - but maybe we should check this guy out.......sounds like he is very versatile - read Gil Brandt's chat below - for the younger crowd, Gil Brandt was "the architect" of the old dominant Dallas Cowboys' teams - he is the "godfather" of NFL GMs and scouting....

MRL the Pearl, Owings Mills

Q: Gil - How about Connor Barwin for the Ravens at pick 26? I love the way this kid plays. He reminds me of a former Raven, Adalius Thomas.

Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Connor Barwin is an interesting player. I don't recall ever seeing a guy who was all-conference two years in a row -- one year on offense (TE) and one year on defense (DE). He is a great athlete, a college basketball player at Cincinnati, and he does remind you of Adalius Thomas when you look at his size and speed. He can rush the passer, and he also blocked three kicks last year. He's got a non-stop motor, and he's an explosive player who will go late in the first round. So the Ravens are definitely a possibility.

also, here was a Falcons question:

triana, oakwood,GA 02:38 PM ET

Do you think Falcons should take USC´s Clay Matthews or NIU´s Larry English in the first round to take Brooking´s spot in Defense?

Gil Brandt, NFL.com

I have Matthews rated ahead of English, though I think both will be very good players. They are similar from the standpoint of size and speed, and that both are very competitive players. At the 24th pick, Atlanta would do well with either player -- but there's a chance one or both could be gone by then. I've got both slated to go in that area.

my absolute favorite player in this draft.

Oh yeah I absolutely love this guy also you plug him in O and D for me outside of maybe Aaron Curry probably the best pure athelte in the draft.I would love to have him covers so many needs even special teams if need be yep thumbs up here at 24 maybe a little outside the square but as above I love him.

At 24 no because he is a mid to late 2nd rounder for the most part. Which is good because in the 2nd he should be a superb choice for us.

no chance he lasts to us at #55. agreed its a slight reach at #24 (but one i could live with).

At 24 no because he is a mid to late 2nd rounder for the most part. Which is good because in the 2nd he should be a superb choice for us.

If Barwin is as good as he sounds there is not a chance in hades that he last to #55......I am thinking if Clay Matthews is off the board that it would really benefit the Falcons to trade down - then they could grab a prospect like Barwin maybe around #35-#40 and pick up a 3rd round pick.

The Best Case Scenario for Falcons in a trade-down is if Josh Freeman is still on the board and one of those teams that wanted a QB but did not want to burn a "top 10" pick on one - well at #24 - that might be the spot to grab him - but Jets/Bucs would have to bypass Freeman and I think the Bucs will take him at #19......

If Barwin is as good as he sounds there is not a chance in hades that he last to #55......I am thinking if Clay Matthews is off the board that it would really benefit the Falcons to trade down - then they could grab a prospect like Barwin maybe around #35-#40 and pick up a 3rd round pick.

The Best Case Scenario for Falcons in a trade-down is if Josh Freeman is still on the board and one of those teams that wanted a QB but did not want to burn a "top 10" pick on one - well at #24 - that might be the spot to grab him - but Jets/Bucs would have to bypass Freeman and I think the Bucs will take him at #19......

that actually sounds great to me.... that freakish athleticism plays well for a pro DE and the extra draft pick we could gain for trading down could be used to fill more holes. Plus I'm just riding on the Clay Matthews bandwagon.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away the Falcons has a player that played those DE/OLB/TE for them

His name was Andre Brucewalker

Didn't he turn into "Darth Bruce"?

bump.....really this is just a shameless bump to keep up the Connor Barwin talk ;)