What Jag Fans think about Mike Smith

atljbo

I started thinking when the Falcons were in the playoffs, I started thinking because I saw 2-3 Jaguars on that Falcons defense playing for Mike Smith. Now, I feel with Mike Smith our defense was incredible. Now, we have Mike Peterson going to the Falcons.

2004 7th

2005 6th

2006 4th

2007 10th In Points Allowed , After Mike Smith leaves we go to 25th PA.

This man took over a team that was in early mock drafts that had the falcons in the top 3&5 drafts. The falcons don't really have a stellar defense and still made them a 11th points allowed defense & 10th in points forced. Fun Facts, this team in 2007 with 29th in Points Allowed and 29th in defense PA).

I don't mind Jack Del Rio, but do you think Mike Smith was the true heart and soul of the Jaguars? While our offense struggled in 2004,2006 our defense was saving our seasons. I do feel Jack Del Rio is a great LB coach, he knows a bunch about LB's and etc. I just think it's funny after Mike Smith leaves (to a worse defense) he makes them basically a top 10 Defense and went to the back of the league.

I remember when Marcellus "Dat Dude" Wiley said that Mike Smith would be a doormat and a terrible Head Coach...... Coach Smith made dude look ridiculously stupid.... I know allot of you guys hate the lack of freeagent movement but i have no doubt that Coach Smith and Coach VanGorder will build us a great Defense...... I also have to give TD his props..... Thomas Dimitroff did not just hit on the draft but dude also has one of the best Coaching Staffs in the league.....

Great read. I always kind of liked the Jags from afar and I have to agree with the guy. That team really has fallen apart since Smitty left. Most their injuries were on the offensive side of the ball so it should not have effected their defense that much. One other thing though is they lost at least 3 defense coaches that I know of. The defensive line coach. LB's coach and their DC. That really is a lot to lose. They went after Van Gorder to replace Smitty but he chose to come here. Check that about their LB's coach, they lost him to us last year. I forgot he came here the year before but that's still a lot of coaches to lose in a two year span. We'll see what they do this year but dude is thinking the exact same thing I was thinking as the year went on.

Yup.... I remember when we first signed Coach Smith, a jags journalist wrote a article saying that the Jags will be ok because Jack Del Rio and Coach Hamilton was the real mastermind behind the Jags D..... A couple of days later we hired Ray Hamilton too...... It seemed like Coach Smith was very unappreciated before this season.... I remember Coach Smith saying that he didnt even have a agent. (no one really looked at him as a Head Coach)

Didn't Wiley say the Cowboys gave him way too much money when he didn't have anything in the tank? Pretty much his words.

Can't believe they even brought him in. Wiley is as close to mentally ******** as possible without getting a special parking spot.

I'm very happy with the coaching staff. Smith seems to be that perfect mix we never had with Mora or Petrino.

I love Mike Smith's style and his presence. He doesn't come off as a know-it-all coach, but more of a man of the game and a player's coach that demands respect and hard work. Guys were talking about how much they respected him early in training camp and how he made the vets feel appreciated. The young guys on the team had to see that and it must have made some of them want to work that much harder after going through 2007's hellish season.

p.s. Atlanta Steam's #8 needs to get rid of the wrinkles in her thighs. :P

I remember when Wiley said that on NFL Countdown. It was hilarious to see before the playoffs when someone wrote in and asked him if he would apologize to the Falcons and he did it. Wish I could find the video of it. If I do I'll post it. :lol:

remember that....lol

Didn't Wiley say the Cowboys gave him way too much money when he didn't have anything in the tank? Pretty much his words.

Can't believe they even brought him in. Wiley is as close to mentally ******** as possible without getting a special parking spot.

I'm very happy with the coaching staff. Smith seems to be that perfect mix we never had with Mora or Petrino.

Great post----LMAO!!! Wiley was definitely the smartest kid on the short bus.

Love the parking spot comment and I agree that Smitty was a great find and a keeper.

After a single season I am a little more sold on TD than I am Smith. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing bad to say it is just hard to be a fan of a coach after only one season. If I did that I would have to rilde a roller coaster of being a fan every winning season and hating him every bad season. He seems like he is going to be great and I hope he is but I think it might be a little soon to be laughing at negative quotes like he has definitely proven them wrong.

I remember when Marcellus "Dat Dude" Wiley said that Mike Smith would be a doormat and a terrible Head Coach...... Coach Smith made dude look ridiculously stupid.... I know allot of you guys hate the lack of freeagent movement but i have no doubt that Coach Smith and Coach VanGorder will build us a great Defense...... I also have to give TD his props..... Thomas Dimitroff did not just hit on the draft but dude also has one of the best Coaching Staffs in the league.....
I absolutely hated our defense last year. It was a Marion Campbell bend but don't break. That may have been because of our talent, or lack thereof.

I don't recall any of those JAX defenses looking like the PIT, NE, NYG, BAL and TB defenses that won most of the Super Bowls this decade.

Hopefully Smitty is true to the last words we heard from him in the ARI game when he said "we have to change the scheme". It will take more than a scheme change though. We need some players.

I remember when Wiley said that on NFL Countdown. It was hilarious to see before the playoffs when someone wrote in and asked him if he would apologize to the Falcons and he did it. Wish I could find the video of it. If I do I'll post it. :lol:

If you find the Wiley apology, make it its own thread - I hate that I missed it and I remember how angry the initial assault on Mike Smith made me - I would love to see them both "back-to-back" :)