Falcons $$$$

dunn4563

i think it does matter this yr, but next will be a uncapped yr.

right?

If they don't come to another deal, but I think it's mostly hype. They will come to a deal, even if it is only for a year or two.

And I think we have around $10 million. Forget how much exactly, but we certainly have the money to sign at least one nice sized contract.

Edit: Wow, way off. Close to $25 million

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-9-62...salary-cap.html

I guess after Peterson we still have $22 million. I would bet we extend Roddy if we don't sign a bunch of players.

If they don't come to another deal, but I think it's mostly hype. They will come to a deal, even if it is only for a year or two.

And I think we have around $10 million. Forget how much exactly, but we certainly have the money to sign at least one nice sized contract.

Edit: Wow, way off. Close to $25 million

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-9-62...salary-cap.html

I guess after Peterson we still have $22 million. I would bet we extend Roddy if we don't sign a bunch of players.

Yeah its just under 25 but thats not including whatever we will have to pay Vick.

so we have room to make a trade??? why not jeezzzz!!???

Trades cost picks, with possibly better and certainly cheaper players in the draft, Dimitroff must have weighed the possibilities. We should be using the space to extend our best players who need some nice sized contracts: White, Norwood, Dahl, and Clabo.

Yeah its just under 25 but thats not including whatever we will have to pay Vick.

We don't have to pay Mike anything but he does count against the cap and that is included in that. If we are able to trade Vick then he won't count at all against the cap and it would be available money. I think it's 6.75 this year and 9 something next year if we have to release Mike. If he remains on the roster then we do have to pay him and it would be like 9 mil (I think) this year and like 15 mil next year. If we can't trade him by the time he is reinstated then we will cut him. Something will go down by his release in July.

Vicks pro-rated signing bonus is in the cap. His salary isn't

The problem holding us back is whether he gets reinstated or not.

If he gets reinstated then we'll be in for a bigger cap hit and that's a good reason not to spend the money. Once this happens, we have 3 options:

Move him to the active roster in which we'll take on his salary

Cut him and the rest of his signing bonus accelerates

Trade him and the rest of his signing bonus accelerates.

If he gets reinstated his cap hit goes up regardless of what we do.

The best option is for Goddell not reinstate him until the 2010 season, but that is an unknown.

dam mike vick still screwing us even locked up, i say just wash your hands of him and cut him i don't think anyone will trade for him, right?

we will have a 15mil can hit this year, since no cap next year. if he stays on the team, then we have to pay him his salary. we can only hope goodell suspends him for a year and so we do not have hurt our cap.