GREAT TE

Analysis

Positives: Tall with some strength and long arms. Presents a nice target to his quarterback on bootlegs and in zones. Physical blocking for the run and pass. Finds his target in space, can latch on and push him downfield. Fair lateral movement to stay in front of defensive ends on the line. Lines up in the slot and with his hand down. Uses his length and height to stretch the field. Reliable, soft hands and physical enough to push off defenders and gain yardage after the catch.

Negatives: Built like a receiver. Long strider who lacks quickness out of his stance or the speed to separate, although his height is an advantage downfield. Does not have suddenness in and out of routes, and will round them off. Fails to sustain blocks against quicker defenders in space because he does not bend his knees, has slow footwork and stiff hips. Waist-bender when blocking defensive ends on the edge. Durability concerns abound with ACL and chest injuries keeping him out over the past two seasons

I love this guy I think he is the poor mans Pettigrew. With some coaching up he can be great.

Analysis

Positives: Tall with some strength and long arms. Presents a nice target to his quarterback on bootlegs and in zones. Physical blocking for the run and pass. Finds his target in space, can latch on and push him downfield. Fair lateral movement to stay in front of defensive ends on the line. Lines up in the slot and with his hand down. Uses his length and height to stretch the field. Reliable, soft hands and physical enough to push off defenders and gain yardage after the catch.

Negatives: Built like a receiver. Long strider who lacks quickness out of his stance or the speed to separate, although his height is an advantage downfield. Does not have suddenness in and out of routes, and will round them off. Fails to sustain blocks against quicker defenders in space because he does not bend his knees, has slow footwork and stiff hips. Waist-bender when blocking defensive ends on the edge. Durability concerns abound with ACL and chest injuries keeping him out over the past two seasons

I love this guy I think he is the poor mans Pettigrew. With some coaching up he can be great.

I agree - he is almost as big and faster than Pettigrew and while not as dominating as a blocker he is still a very good blocker. He gives you pretty much what Pettigrew does, except he comes at a much better value. He will likely be available in the 5th/6th in April -- which is why I took him in the 5th in my IMD to be my blocking/red zone threat TE to compliment Dustin Keller :D

I like this guy, one of the few that can block and catch...

His measurables are basically the same as Pettigrew's (and his stats are comparable too)

From Draft Countdown

Pettigrew's weaknesses:

"Average timed speed...Is not real quick or explosive...Motor runs hot and cold at times...Has room to improve as a route runner...Needs to work on his ball security...Not very elusive...Questionable football IQ ... Minor durability concerns ... Ran into some trouble off the field. "

Hill's weaknesses:

"Does not have great speed or quickness...Average athleticism...Not a big play threat and won't stretch the field...Does not get much separation...Won't do much after the catch...Will have the occasional lapse in concentration...Durability may be an issue...Upside is limited."

Not a big difference there...

i thought you didnt want keller? :P jk man.

Of course I want Keller, the guy I've been trying to move is Baker only because he is no longer a Jet. However now I like the idea of holding onto him. If I came out in a 3 TE set, what am I going to do? Run it with the AFC's best rushing team that now has a better O-line and a better RB? Or pass to Evans and Nicks who are out wide, or Keller, Baker and Hill who are breaking from the middle? Endless possibilities...I still want to trade him though, if the price is right ;)

thanks for the info. sounds like he would be a good fit - i havent looked into him yet. i still really like drew but hill sounds like a similar type of player, and his size is fantastic.

edit: i still would prefer a TE that can at least threaten the seam, which would really benefit the offense. it doesnt sound like hill has that kind of quickness.