Anderson at TE?

sabzi-eater

Voted the most outstanding receiver on his squad. Left as the all-time leading receiver at Parkview High history after eclipsing the mark held by former Green Bay Packers tight end Keith Jackson.

Maybe for us to get any real production out of him we should move him back to offense. Especially if, as many believe, Chauncey Davis takes his starting spot. I mean he's getting lots of money and we know he can catch. He'd be a huge target and it's hard to say if he can block, but getting jammed at the line for 2 years has to develop some kind of blocking skills, albeit primitive.

Anyway, just a thought. It seems like it would answer the question of what to really do with him, and it would allow us to not waste that 3rd or 4th or 5th pick on a TE.

Maybe for us to get any real production out of him we should move him back to offense. Especially if, as many believe, Chauncey Davis takes his starting spot. I mean he's getting lots of money and we know he can catch. He'd be a huge target and it's hard to say if he can block, but getting jammed at the line for 2 years has to develop some kind of blocking skills, albeit primitive.

Anyway, just a thought. It seems like it would answer the question of what to really do with him, and it would allow us to not waste that 3rd or 4th or 5th pick on a TE.

no. Leave him at DE and possible rotate snaps between him and Davis as they did with Abraham last year.

Just search for "Anderson" and "TE". Literally ever other person on this forum has said we should put him at TE. He is too slow at TE. And lazy. And out of shape. Let's put him at towel boy. Or just search for it. I would be surprised if there was under 100 threads with this exact same idea.

He's bad enough at the position he is suppose to play... no thanks

His entire pro career has been trying to develop as a DE. He's gotten bigger & been building a different skill set. He may have had the POTENIAL when he got in the NFL, but he not only hasn't developed the skill sets of an NFL TE, the Falcons have paid too much money & spent too much time developing him as an NFL DE. I just don't see it.

Move Anderson to DT. The skills he's been working on at DE would translate better to DT than having to try to totally retrain him to be a TE. Anderson doesn't have the speed, explosiveness, or agility to be a DE. About all he can do is be big. He's huge and thus hard to move. Tell him to go on the Grady Jackson diet, stick him in the middle, and have him clog up running lanes. Also train him to get his hands up on every play (that something he still doesn't do enough). The guy's like 6-6 with incredibly long arms. He could bat down a ton of passes in the middle. I don't think he'd ever be a great DT but he'd be less of a drain in the middle than on the edge.

Anderson will peform at DE this season....I hope!