Favorite TE in the draft?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^ Yea, Shawn Nelson is my Favorite too. He will create a bunch of mismatches and will force those safeties to stay honest. He already has GREAT technique as a blocker, but a little bulk and some more coaching can turn him into our full-time TE.

I want him in the 3rd.

^^^^ Yea, Shawn Nelson is my Favorite too. He will create a bunch of mismatches and will force those safeties to stay honest. He already has GREAT technique as a blocker, but a little bulk and some more coaching can turn him into our full-time TE.

I want him in the 3rd.

I think Ingram has the potential to be the best in the Draft and that is one of the many reasons i like him but i think if we want the most NFL "ready" than it would probably be Shawn Nelson who also has a lot of potential but not as much as Ingram, also James Casey could be considered for his Versatality but in the NFL he will only play 1 position and that is TE and maybe special teams that is all so "versatality" isnt all that great

Jared Cook is an oversized reciever and i do not like him at all i will be dissapointed with him even in the 3rd round, and Coffman is a great college TE but i dont think he will be an NFL TE he isnt as fast as the other TE's in the draft but probably is the most sure handed a good redsone threat if anything

Beckum is probably the most Raw but he is a lot like a lesser version of Ingram in my opinion

Ingram is coming off a season-ending injury. He didn't run well at the combine so you do not really know what you are getting. If he didn't have the injury, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him, but it is a LOT of uncertainty surrounding him.

If he was there in the 5th I would be all for giving him a shot, but he is a 3rd/4th rounder and I feel we could get either Nelson, Casey or Coffman in that area.

If any of the Top tight ends are "oversized wr" it's Ingram. Not that he isn't a very gifted athlete, but to call Cook an oversized WR and not Ingram is not very accurate IMHO.

Now, you can definitely argue that Ingram is the most atheletic TE in the class.

MOST OF THEM ARE AND POTENTIAL WISE INGRAM COULD BE THE BEST...?

Ingram is coming off a season-ending injury. He didn't run well at the combine so you do not really know what you are getting. If he didn't have the injury, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him, but it is a LOT of uncertainty surrounding him.

If he was there in the 5th I would be all for giving him a shot, but he is a 3rd/4th rounder and I feel we could get either Nelson, Casey or Coffman in that area.

if he was 5th round talent why is he projected to go in the 3rd with some mocks having him in the late 2nd?

and i like Nelson i dont like Casey and Coffman is to slow for my liking but he would be OK

if he was 5th round talent why is he projected to go in the 3rd with some mocks having him in the late 2nd?

and i like Nelson i dont like Casey and Coffman is to slow for my liking but he would be OK

Im not saying he is a 5th round talent. I am saying that his injury should drop him. He almost missed an entire year of football and a 4.68 is not overly impressive.

I am just saying that there are a lot of question marks surrounding him and I would rather Nelson early instead of Ingram.

Im not saying he is a 5th round talent. I am saying that his injury should drop him. He almost missed an entire year of football and a 4.68 is not overly impressive.

I am just saying that there are a lot of question marks surrounding him and I would rather Nelson early instead of Ingram.

i understand what your saying about that but coming off an ACL tear a 4.68 isnt bad we will see at FLORIDA's proday what his real 40 time is and if its in the 4.5s guys on this board will go crazy and like him as much as i do and Nelson is the 2nd or 3rd ranked TE and we could get Ingram later and for less money and wouldnt have to waste as high of a pick