Don Imus Says He Has Cancer

Anansi 2.0

Controversial radio host Don Imus announced on his show Monday that he has stage II prostate cancer, according to broadcast reports.

According to WABC-TV, Imus said he has full faith that "his doctors will beat it." He did not discuss treatment.

"The day you find out is fine," said Imus, 68, on his radio show. "But the next morning when you get up, your knees are shaking. I didn't think I could make it to work."

The longtime radio host was fired from CBS Radio in 2007 after using racial remarks to describe the Rutgers women's basketball team.

He later apologized. The controversy also cost him his job at MSNBC -- where his show was simulcast.

Imus was hired by ABC radio later that year.

Link

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Bunny you know..... Ok I will be good. :lol: My mother is fighting cancer as we speak. So this is something thatI am very serious about. Mr. Imus I hope you can make it through. It will be a tough road.

I would be a liar if I didn't say that the concept of KARMA didn't cross my mind! I think we need to be careful about our actions and our words because they do come back....................................that includes you. You know I read an article that says that almost every religion known to man has some sort of concept of reaping what you sow/karma. I pray he sucessfully beats it and your mother as well

I would be a liar if I didn't say that the concept of KARMA didn't cross my mind! I think we need to be careful about our actions and our words because they do come back....................................that includes you. You know I read an article that says that almost every religion known to man has some sort of concept of reaping what you sow/karma. I pray he sucessfully beats it and your mother as well

I totally agree. ;)

Am I the only one who sees the irony in people telling people to stay classy when talking about somebody like Don Imus?

Nope and secondly if he is rememebered ONLY for that comment than who's fault is that. Let's give him pass because he has cancer. A racist is a racist WITH or WITHOUT cancer. Do I enjoy the fact that he has cancer NO....as I stated before I pray he beats this, just like I would anyone else.

So because he's said some controversial things it's ok celebrate him having cancer?

I didn't say that, what I did point out is that it's ironic that people who listen to a man who 90% of the time is saying some very unclassy things would tell people to stay classy in regards to him having cancer.

Nope and secondly if he is rememebered ONLY for that comment than who's fault is that. Let's give him pass because he has cancer. A racist is a racist WITH or WITHOUT cancer. Do I enjoy the fact that he has cancer NO....as I stated before I pray he beats this, just like I would anyone else.

The answer to that riddle is the power combo of the media and Al Sharpton. They're the ones who blew that way out of proportion. Did you know that before he said that, he raved about the beauty of the Tennessee players like Candice Parker? So only because he calls the Rutgers girls ugly and used nappy headed hos to describe them, people like you call him a racist.

The answer to that riddle is the power combo of the media and Al Sharpton. They're the ones who blew that way out of proportion. Did you know that before he said that, he raved about the beauty of the Tennessee players like Candice Parker? So only because he calls the Rutgers girls ugly and used nappy headed hos to describe them, people like you call him a racist.

I don't think he's racist, I think he's classless. Which makes people accusing others of classlesness in a thread about him hilarious.