you know who i'd love to see slip

MSalmon

I love when a talent like that runs a 4.55...This kid is a straight up playmaker. In a cover 2 like ours, his lack of straightline speed wouldn't be nearly as big a deal. Not to mention he can definitely play FS as well providing depth and versatility.

He reminds me of a more talented Chevis Jackson

I'm watching where he goes this year, as someone is going to pass on the "slow" jenkins. Be interesting to see how far he goes.

Would you all take him if he somehow dropped to #24?

he is more of a FS but that i would love to have that kind of talent at 24.

That's very possible. I think that might be what precipitates his fall--particularly with Sean Smith, Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, Alphonso Smith and DJ moore all in the mix and more true CBs (except for Smith who will make someone overdraft him due to his measurables)

But what i like about Jenkins (whoever gets him) is that he'll be one of those guys who plays with a chip on their shoulder. Personally in our defensive scheme, he'd be a very good Cover 2 cb

what a slip that would be, hard to resist him if he falls as far as us, i dont see it however, someone in the high teens is going to get him?

i don't know how realistic it would be either. It's possible though when you consider that Jenkins ran a 4.54 forty on a very fast Ohio State track. Chevis Jackson, while not as great a prospect as Jenkins, was a guy who was considered a 2nd rounder, maybe late first rounder until his forty time killed him.(his was worse he ran a 4.64) and slipped him down to third. I don't think Jenkins fall would be that drastic but i think it's possible that he could be available at our pick. My reasoning is when looking at the teams ahead of us, you see a lot of teams passing on cb and going after other positions:

Draft Tracker - Round One order

1 Detriot Lions:

2 St. Louis Rams:

3 Kansas City Chiefs

4 Seattle Seahawks

5 Cleveland Browns

6 Cincinnati Bengals

7 Oakland Raiders

8 Jacksonville Jaguars

9 Green Bay Packers

10 San Francisco 49ers

11 Buffalo Bills

Jenkins is definitely not top ten anymore. Maybe the Bills would take him, but i think his measurables hurt him for the #11 pick Also Bills will want to either improve their pass rush (sucks) or add to that offensive line to keep Edwards upright and throwing to TO

12 Denver Broncos

13 Washington Redskins

14 New Orleans Saints

15 Houston Texans

Saints and Texans are both possible suitors for Jenkins. My bet is Vontae davis will be the choice first. I also see Darius Butler in the mix based on his measurables and return ability

Also don't be suprised to see the Saints pick up Chris Wells or Knowshon moreno as the next Deuce mcallister.

16 San Diego Chargers

17 New York Jets

18 Chicago Bears

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

20 Detroit Lions (from Dallas)

21 Philadelphia Eagles

22 Minnesota Vikings

23 New England Patriots

of the above teams my best bet for CB might be NE, but i really think they grab an OLB or ILB as their guys are getting old and they run the 3-4. Tampa just got Talib last year. The jets grab either Sanchez or Freeman. The Chargers get either Maluaga or a RB (less likely with LT resigning). Bears are hurting on OL and so is Detroit and Philly. The Vikings are either looking for an offensive weapon (another wr) or OL

Guess who picks after NE Pats? Think my reasoning is sound?

Bucs still need another Corner next to Talib...

you guys are an interesting team to watch this year as you need a penetrating DT to replace/upgrade haye (Jerry or hood come to mind) and obviously QB. I'm thinking Freeman is ya'lls man. Unless you all pick up an OLB or another pass rusher to along side Gaines. Is rb a possiblity? or do you think you all roll w/ what you got?

you guys are an interesting team to watch this year as you need a penetrating DT to replace/upgrade haye (Jerry or hood come to mind) and obviously QB. I'm thinking Freeman is ya'lls man. Unless you all pick up an OLB or another pass rusher to along side Gaines. Is rb a possiblity? or do you think you all roll w/ what you got?

We dont need a "pass rushing DT" anymore. With Bates scheme he likes big ole fatties in the middle to free up the DEs and LBs. I honestly dont know where we will go in round 1. RB isnt that big of a need, QB is a big need (Unless they feel Josh Johnson is developing), DT is a need to some extent but Jerry is not worth a first because of his age.

I would love if we took Smith from Wake Forest, he is gonna be a special CB.

We dont need a "pass rushing DT" anymore. With Bates scheme he likes big ole fatties in the middle to free up the DEs and LBs. I honestly dont know where we will go in round 1. RB isnt that big of a need, QB is a big need (Unless they feel Josh Johnson is developing), DT is a need to some extent but Jerry is not worth a first because of his age.

I would love if we took Smith from Wake Forest, he is gonna be a special CB.

That's right Kiffen left. I don't like Jerry either with his age and size limitations.

Take Smith; we'll take Jenkins

If Jenkins fell to us, wow that'd be amazing. My only question is if we plug him in at CB? If not, forget it.

obviously this is a hypothetical "if he dropped" conversation. But i think he can easily play CB in our primarily cover two scheme. He's smart and great in run support. i think the very reason he is great for our defense might be why he drops--teams wanting a cover corner are going to opt for Davis or Butler--much faster guys.

That's very possible. I think that might be what precipitates his fall--particularly with Sean Smith, Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, Alphonso Smith and DJ moore all in the mix and more true CBs (except for Smith who will make someone overdraft him due to his measurables)

But what i like about Jenkins (whoever gets him) is that he'll be one of those guys who plays with a chip on their shoulder. Personally in our defensive scheme, he'd be a very good Cover 2 cb

I personally like Vontae Davis the best overall CB in the draft but Antonio Smith is the "playmaker" and Mike Mickens is the best "fit" for the Falcons

Absolutely, without a doubt. I'd take him and say "thank you very much". Jenkins would be the one player I'd hold on to our first round pick for. If he's gone by the mid-teens, if I was TD I'd look into trading down out of the first.

thats interesting you say that. I don't think that is so far fetched.It'd be interesting to see if we traded up to get a guy like Jenkins that was falling. One thing TD has shown is that he is unafraid to go get someone.

the packers would have to be ******** to pass on malcolm jenkins at #9. none of their corners are especially fast, he presses well, hes dynamite in man and zone, hes a playmaker and hes a leader. theres no reason they should pass on him as an eventual replacement for al harris or charles woodson there.

-Mr. Offseason

I was thinking about this too. I would definitely take him at #24, but i still can't see him being there.

For some reason i think he could either slip down to us or slip to around #19 or #20...In fact a team like Detroit might be willing to slip down to #24 for a small price to pick up an extra 3rd rounder if we wanted him.

I keep thinking the Saints and texans (if they go CB) will draft Davis and Butler. To be honest i think the Saints grab Beanie Wells or Knowshon Moreno to pair with Bush. Pierre Thomas is decent easily upgraded.

That leaves the Texans and Vikings as the next most likely to grab Jenkins. I think the Vikes upgrade their Oline or grab a WR--personally i think its the latter. Maybe Percy Harvin or Nicks. In reality Jenkins best fits the Vikings not the Texans.

I could definitely see us moving up as this kid is a perfect cover 2 guy for us and would be great value. Jenkins, Jackson and Houston would give us a trio of talented young corners. With Grimes and Hutchins in the mix we look very good in the secondary.

I'd love him, but can't see him getting anywhere near #24, even with that slow time. He's worth a top 15 pick even just as a safety.

I thought that too (see my earlier reply) but this draft is shaping up as having a first round thats will see 3 QBs (Sanchez), 3-4 RBS ( wells, Moreno, Mccoy & Brown), and potentially 6 to 7 OLmen (maybe more). , 4-5 LBS (Maluaga, Matthews & Cushing, Curry); At least 2 DTs ( Tyson Jackson & Rajji) and 4-5 DEs (English, Orapko, Maybin, Everrete Brown and i'm betting someone reaches on Michael Johnson based on pro day);

That's 29 to 30 non-cornerback picks.

Im thinking this will be a year that a CB definitely slips...Davis will be a high pick based on measurables and Darius Butler has great feet and is a lot like Cromartie-Rogers. I think both go ahead of Jenkins.

He could slip. had he run at least a 4.4 he'd be top ten. But running a 4.55 on a fast Ohio state track really will turn off a lot of teams.

Thats good for us.