Troy Vincent the favorite to become new NFLPA leader

Statman

I know some people will say this isnt falcons related but this move could be the difference between NFL in 2011 or lockout. I think if elected Vincent will do wonders, hope he makes benefites for retired benefits better for retired vets.

Datfalcon her your go

NFL career

Miami Dolphins

He was drafted by the Miami Dolphins out of the University of Wisconsin-Madison with the seventh pick in the first round of the 1992 NFL Draft. Since ESPN began televised coverage of the NFL draft, Vincent is the only first round pick that was missed on live television. After returning from a commercial break, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue was informed that the network was still at break, returned to the podium and repeated the selection of Vincent to Miami.

Philadelphia Eagles

He spent four seasons with the Dolphins. He signed with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1996, and he spent eight more seasons. Vincent made five consecutive Pro Bowls from 1999 to 2003. In 2002 Vincent was the recipient of the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award.

Buffalo Bills

Prior to the 2004 NFL season, Vincent signed a free agent contract with the Buffalo Bills with the departure of cornerback Antoine Winfield. Vincent played one year as a cornerback, which he had played all his career, but most recently played free safety when he had a knee injury and was replaced by Terrence McGee. He has 47 interceptions, the second most interceptions for an active NFL player behind Ty Law.

Washington Redskins

Vincent was slated to miss the 2006 season after suffering a hamstring injury and being placed on injured reserve September 13, but the Bills released Vincent on October 12, allowing him to seek offers from other teams and was signed on October 16 by the Washington Redskins. Vincent had perhaps the greatest game of his Washington career on November 5, 2006, against rival Dallas Cowboys, recording six tackles and a crucial blocked 35-yard field goal attempt by kicker Mike Vanderjagt as time expired. The block, along with a 15-yard facemask penalty, allowed the Redskins to return the ball into field goal range for kicker Nick Novak and win the game 22-19 with no time remaining (the "Hand of God" game). On February 22, 2007, the Redskins released Troy Vincent.

President of the NFLPA

Vincent was president of the NFL Players Association. Vincent's term as President of the NFLPA expired on March 18, 2008 and he was replaced by Kevin Mawae. On February 26, 2009 the Players Association announced that they were investigating whether during his tenure as president Vincent disclosed confidential personal and financial information about a number of player agents. It is alleged that Vincent emailed this information to his longtime business partner Mark Magnum for the benefit of a financial services firm co-owned by the two men.

As of March 12, 2009,These allegations against Vincent are not true, according to an investigation by the Associated Press.

i dont know much about him, i just someone who wont always make the players want more money. anything you can fill me in about him?

He was a great player for the Eagles. That's all I know about him. lol. I will be happy when they finally get someone in there working on this labor agreement so we can avoid a lockout. Baseball was one thing but could ya'll imagine a football blackout. I would go crazy. It was bad enough when it happened when I was a kid but I wasn't as obsessed as I am now about the game.

Same here Dat, I'm a Yankee Fan and though A-Rod is a cheat but its people who get contracts like that, which makes it unaffordable for me to go to them. Prices went from 80 bucks to 300 for the same seats. I also hope the NFL does what the NBA did, ROOKIE SALARY CAP

i remember him now.. form when he played for the bills.. he was pretty good. and as far as a blackout.. man i hope not!

is there any talk of a blackout?

I remember him with the Eagles the most because he was on some of those Eagles teams that were going to NFC championship games every year. I think I do remember him with the Bills too now it's mentioned. As far as a blackout, I'm assuming your talking about a lockout. I know I was hearing that talked about as a possibility if nothing got worked out before it went to an uncapped year. I hope not but it is a very real possibility right now unless they hurry and get something done.

Same here Dat, I'm a Yankee Fan and though A-Rod is a cheat but its people who get contracts like that, which makes it unaffordable for me to go to them. Prices went from 80 bucks to 300 for the same seats. I also hope the NFL does what the NBA did, ROOKIE SALARY CAP

I agree with a rookie salary cap for sure. It really hurts teams even worse than when they do miss big on a DE with the 8th overall pick. You know what I mean. Give most the money to proven vets.

Ghost Rider I do agree with you on that, though I will give Jamaal 1 more yr, I think the signing of Davis may signal the end may be near for Jamaal. Anyway, I did not like Upshaw preferably because of the way he treated retired vets, also a rookie salary cap would be good because instead of paying to 70 plus mil for a #1 overall pick 30-40 mil of that will go to other vet players who can still play.

yea i agree with capping rookies too but they will throw ryans, willis, and other great rookie yrs back at you and claim they deserve that $$. i think all rookies should sign a 2 yr deal for decent money then their teams can offer them a contract toward how they contribute to the team

and yea ghost rider, my bad, i was talking about the lockout. srry

I think capping rookies will also keep some if not more great college athletes in college for their senior or for some junior year, excluding the NBA cus they need to have the same rules as college football. I played college ball from 06-08 but screwed up my knee.

Ghost Rider I do agree with you on that, though I will give Jamaal 1 more yr, I think the signing of Davis may signal the end may be near for Jamaal. Anyway, I did not like Upshaw preferably because of the way he treated retired vets, also a rookie salary cap would be good because instead of paying to 70 plus mil for a #1 overall pick 30-40 mil of that will go to other vet players who can still play.

Absolutely and I too hope Jamaal can turn it around this year. This organization needs him to but I have little faith. I agree that the NFL retired vets are treated poorly and hopefully that will change. Especially for the guys that played before all this money was handed out. They should in the very least be taken care of medically. They helped build this game to where it is today.

yea i agree with capping rookies too but they will throw ryans, willis, and other great rookie yrs back at you and claim they deserve that $$. i think all rookies should sign a 2 yr deal for decent money then their teams can offer them a contract toward how they contribute to the team

and yea ghost rider, my bad, i was talking about the lockout. srry

I like your idea on the rookie cap but I was thinking it could be incentive driven too. Let them have the ability to make that big money but make them earn it with performance.

I think capping rookies will also keep some if not more great college athletes in college for their senior or for some junior year, excluding the NBA cus they need to have the same rules as college football. I played college ball from 06-08 but screwed up my knee.

I agree. I would love to see kids make the decision to stay in college longer. Sorry about the knee. I didn't play college but I screwed my knee up too. Get this, playing church league softball. Yep. I was going to go to a small college. Maybe West Ga but my senior yr, I hurt my knee playing softball. I'm embarrassed to this day.