Wow, walterfootball.com has Sean Smith as top safety

Yep

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009S.php

Sorry, I think this guy's ego will make him uncoachable. And I don't think he has the heart to be one of the best. From watching him play reading up on him, this is the feeling I get. We'll see how he does next year.

Huge potential for sure though. Would not mind drafting him as long as our coaches are able to develop him.

what do you mean his "ego will make him untouchable"? personally, i havent heard anything about him having a big head or anything like that. hes a tweener. big enough to play corner in a conference like the Mountain West, but will have to wait and see about him playing corner in the NFL. kid definately has size to play safety in the league, but if he can pull of playing corner, WATCH OUT!

Call me crazy, but Sean Smith reminds me of a certain NFL player not only because of their similar size but because of how they play.

Nnamdi Asomugha: 6'3, 213 lbs, 4.45 40 yard dash

Sean Smith: 6'4, 214 lbs, 4.43 40 yard dash

Sean Smith is currently 209 lbs because he is slimming down to play the CB position in the NFL because scouts are telling him that they expect him to play there.

funkytowncut call it ego but i call it swag.......I cant lie Sean Smith has allot of swag about his game but he is not on that D-Hall level...... Sean Smith has the type of swag that every good DB should have... That type of swag that if he get beat, instead of putting his head down dude is thinking "I'ma make up for that".......

Right not Sean Smith remind me of a more physical Antonio Cromartie.... Both right now can make plays pure off of their god - given abilities... The more they become students of the game these dudes can be some of the best to play..... Sean Smith had a brilliant game against Julio Jones

In todays NFL ill rather have Sean Smith at FS then CB......... Like Mike Lombardi said.... "As CB a team can just not throw to your side of the field"......... As a FS Sean Smith can play the whole field and make plays on the deep balls

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I'll just put it this way . I don't want a DB with our first pick ! But if we do go that way , Smith is one of the only DBs I would want , And I think he would be my top choice unless CB Davis fell. I love Butler but I worry about his knee.

Davis will be terrible. He's another physical marvel that has a terrible attitude. ****, he was benched for clashing with his coach at the collegiate level--what do you think he'll do with a $40 million dollar contract? No thanks. Give me a Malcom Jenkins, or Butler anyday. Smith is not very physical considering his size. He'll be interesting to watch. He's either a boom or bust guy. But to tell you the truth after watching the Jimmy Williams and Bryan Scott huge CB experiments i'd rather pass. If you look on NFL rosters you just don't see 6'4 cbs --theres a reason the height usually means less flexibility and athleticsm. For that matter most safeties aren't 6'4" i think Pat Watkns is and i'm trying to think of another one.