How about this CB in the 2nd round if he is still there

Being a VT fan im kind of a homer but I am also a realist and really believe Macho would be great for us. His man to man skills are a lot better than people give him credit for. He shut down plenty of WR in the ACC for the last couple years. His production speaks for itself:

2006: 34 Tackles 4 INTs/ 1 for a TD

2007: 36 Tackles 5 INTs / 1 for a TD

2008: 46 Tackles 6 INTs/ 2 for TDs

Macho started for 3 years and played nickel back as a true freshman. Macho also doubles as a Kick Returner/Punt Returner. Macho's senior year he played a little WR. Macho has some really great hands. He can be that ball hawker we need at CB. Macho would fit very nicely into our Cover 2 scheme. Harris has good size at 6'0 200 and is a lot faster than his 40 shows at the combine. Wait till he runs his 40 at pro-day it will be much better. With the 55th selection in the 2009 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Victor Harris Cornerback Virginia Tech!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple highlight videos:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

thoughts?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and also during the Boston College vs Virginia Tech game this year the commentators had Matt Ryan on for an interview. After the Interview Macho made a big play and they said that Matt Ryan told them last year that "Harris is the best CB I went up against." That's some pretty good praise coming from our NFL Rookie of the Year.

Im not so sure I want another CB from VT. Look at how DHall and Jimmy Williams turned out

Look how Brandon Flowers, Aaron Rouse and Eric Green turned out. Victor Harris was a playmaker throughout his time at VT. He would be a nice corner for us I think. None of the attitude of DHall of Jimmy. I like Kam Chancellor coming out of VT next year also.

Im gonna pass, the guy isn't very well balanced. He is an amazing athlete but not very smart, I scouted him pretty hard a couple of months but I didnt like what I saw afterwards. He is bad to jump after a pic every time and for every big play he makes he will make a bad choice and next thing you know the WR is sprinting down the field. I would rather jump on a more rounded corner who isnt so worried about his own personal glory.

The school has nothing to do with it. Macho story is very heart felt and warming. He lost his mother his senior year of HS I think also was badly burned around the same time by a fire that started in his house. His attitude is very good. He has had a hard life with losing his mother but instead of getting into drugs and developing a poor attitude he did the opposite. With what he has gone through in life already I can only see him being an even better person in the NFL as far as giving back. His story kind of reminds me of Warrick Dunns and we all know how great of a person and player Warrick was.

As far as Kam Chancellor goes I think he is going to be a great safety next year to. Depending on his senior year he will more than likely be a 1-2 round safety. Also at VT watch out for Stephan Virgil. This was his first year starting and he played very well. He had 6 INTs I think and teammed with Macho to have one of the best CB duos in the country.

Im gonna pass, the guy isn't very well balanced. He is an amazing athlete but not very smart, I scouted him pretty hard a couple of months but I didnt like what I saw afterwards. He is bad to jump after a pic every time and for every big play he makes he will make a bad choice and next thing you know the WR is sprinting down the field. I would rather jump on a more rounded corner who isnt so worried about his own personal glory.

This is why you arent an NFL Scout. Thomas Dimintroff please do not hire this guy as a scout haha.

This is for those who question speed. He is plenty fast, he might not be the fastest CB in the draft but he is plenty fast enough. To get to my point though. He might not be the fastest guy but he is definitely one of the quickest. I cant remember the exact time but last year at VT he was 2nd on the team in the 10 yard dash( first 10 yards of the 40) so he definitely has some quick movement and can start fast. At the Combine he tied for 2nd place in the 3 cone drill behind Malcolm Jenkins. Also in the 20 yard shuttle he came in 2nd behind Kevin Barnes who ran a 3.96( Macho had a 3.98). He is really quick. Also a player that didnt run a great 40 is still very highly rated and will go high is Malcolm Jenkins. Macho is in the same boat. If his 40 would of been faster I could of seen Macho sneaking into the late 1st round.

How many of you guys like Chevis Jackson? And think he will ge a good player for us?... Do you remember the knock on him coming out. Speed.. But he turned out pretty good and I believe he will help us even more this year. Macho is just like Chevis put I believe better.

also, is it just me or does he take really short, choppy steps???... he looks like he runs slow, but he obviously outran a lot of ppl on the field so he cant be that slow. who knows, he might be a devin hester type guy, not track fast, but on the field fast.... if that makes any sense.

I see what you mean. He should run faster at VT pro day the 19th.

Don't want anything to do with VT players. I don't wanna hear any of that "school has nothing to do with it" stuff either. VT has a thug environment, and it's no coincidence that the best VT players always come with an attitude problem.

Don't want anything to do with VT players. I don't wanna hear any of that "school has nothing to do with it" stuff either. VT has a thug environment, and it's no coincidence that the best VT players always come with an attitude problem.

Thug enviroment? In Blacksburg, VA. There is nothing thug about it. It is rural and in the mountains. Just because someone comes from a school doesnt mean he is a thug. F$U is what some people like to call a thug school. But if Myron Rolle were coming out in this draft would you call him a thug? I highly doubt it. Get real dude. You don't even know Macho so how can you judge him on what school he went to?

I think that Macho Harris will slide into the 3rd round..... I really like Macho Harris but the facts are that the man ran a 4.68 40..... Only cover 2 teams will look at him now..... i feel like Macho is a steal in the 3rd round.......

Guys like Chevis Jackson (4.52 - 40) and Daymeion Hughes (4.65 - 40) slipped into the 3rd round because of their 40 times...... Mach Harris will too

I would trade up in the 3rd round to get Macho easily

VT has the opposite of a "thug environment". It's in rural Blacksburg. The campus has an old world gothic construction. Nothing "thug" about it. For the few players from VT who have been a problem in the NFL there have been many others who haven't. Don't let the Falcons PAST issues with players from VT lead you to make a broad generalization about the school and its players.

This is why you arent an NFL Scout. Thomas Dimintroff please do not hire this guy as a scout haha.

Noone here is an NFL scout. There wasn't a soul here last year who wanted Matt Ryan. I stand by my statement because I watched him jump for a pick and miss horribly resulting in a big play with my own eyes. He is a good corner I just don't want him or any corner who sells out for a pick instead of making sure the ball stays out of WRs hands. Its not a question of skill for me I just dont like that kind of corner. Its like saying I don't like scrambling QBs because they often time rely on their legs too much.

Well no matter if it is the 2nd or 3rd. Macho has the potential to be a great playmaker for us if we draft him. I dont care what round I just want him in a Falcons Uniform.

Malcolm Jenkins ran a slower 40 to. I can tell you this though Macho is a lot faster than his 4.66 40 shows. I will be excited to see what he runs at his pro-day it will be much faster for sure. The thing with him though is his speed has never let him down yet. What I mean by that is VT has faced WR like Darius-Heyward Bey, Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Tate and neither of those WR have burnt him or got the best of him. He can play with the best and has shown that.