Why not give Leonard Pope a look?

E. T.

i would rather not have to give up draft picks to get him. hes better than LJ but will probably cost more. I think we either go with LJ or keep the gorup we have.

I agree. I would hate to give up draft picks at this time when we have so many defensive holes. I really think this is why the Falcons want LJ to begin with. That way they can devote the entire draft to the defensive side of the ball. I do like Pope but all our draft needs to be defensive players. Maybe a late rounder on a TE and it would probably take a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get Pope. I do like him though. I might be biased too because of his UGA ties.

You have to give up compensation for RFA's. Pope has 48 CAREER catches, LJ caught 37 just last season.

I knew I was biased because LJ has also got two 50 plus catch seasons under his belt. I remember Pope from his UGA days. I thought he would have turned out to be more of a threat.

I agree. I would hate to give up draft picks at this time when we have so many defensive holes. I really think this is why the Falcons want LJ to begin with. That way they can devote the entire draft to the defensive side of the ball. I do like Pope but all our draft needs to be defensive players. Maybe a late rounder on a TE and it would probably take a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get Pope. I do like him though. I might be biased too because of his UGA ties.

Then why settle for L.J....just use what we have already which did produce ok last season.

L.J. could be a waste.

Then why settle for L.J....just use what we have already which did produce ok last season.

L.J. could be a waste.

All our TE's put together last season had 19 catches and 3 TD's. LJ had his usual injury problems, which is the only concern for me, but still managed 37 rec. with TD's himself. He is better than what we got. He also has put up more than 50 catches twice. That is pretty good. My only concern is if he stays healthy but I think he will be a good solid upgrade. I still think he is a short term anwser and we will have to draft one either late this year or sometime next year. The good thing is TD said this TE draft class is very deep so we might still get a quality TE late in the draft after we take care of our more pressing defensive needs. LJ will be a short term fix but he is a major upgrade over what we have as far as a receiving TE is concerned. If we sign him then it keeps us from having to draft a TE early in the draft. If we don't then we might draft Pettigrew in the first when we really need a defensive starter from that pick.

Pope was ok at UGA, but he's been an NFL bust. No thanks.

I don't see Pope as a bust. He was in a situation where the the qb

had Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston and Anquan Bolden all over

1,000 yards if I am not mistaken. There just aren't enough balls to go

around in that situation. It doesn't mean Pope is a bust.