Sports Video Games

In one of my classes we are focusing on video games in modern society. We were given many choices such as determining if crime rates have went up since the invention of certain game systems or if abused people play more or play certain types of games. Other choices were gender related or money status.

I chose to conduct surveys of male college students ages 17-24 to determine if their favorite teams overall success dictates if they play sports video games. I did this for Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball. Through my interviews I came to the conclusion that the better, more respected teams in the league had fewer fans that played that sports video games. Such as the Lakers. They had the best % out of every team. Only 18% of Lakers fans answered that they play basketball video games. But on the other end, the Timberwolves had 79% of their fans answer that they play basketball video games.

Here are the results for the NFL:

Broncos 19%

Cowboys 21%

49ers 22%

Steelers 27%

Packers 30%

Patriots 30%

Rams 33%

Buccaneers 33%

Bears 39%

Ravens 40%

Colts 41%

Redskins 41%

Giants 45%

Eagles 49%

Chargers 51%

Titans 55%

Jaguars 55%

Jets 58%

Dolphins 59%

Seahawks 60%

Texans 60%

Chiefs 61%

Raiders 62%

Bills 62%

Panthers 65%

Lions 65%

Browns 65%

Saints 67%

Cardinals 71%

Falcons 75%

Bengals 77%

Vikings 77%

how did you select who your participants would be? did you just go up to random people and ask who their favorite team was for each sport and if they played video games?

also, how many people did you survey?

Pretty much. My student partner and I spent about 3 hours a day for 2 months approaching students. We interviewed over 1300 people. (only males ages 17-24 were counted)

You're from the NW, right? If so, how many Falcons, Saints, Bucs, etc. fans could you have possibly encountered to have made such a conclusion?

Unless you're polling a very similar number of each teams' fans, you can't make a conclusion like that.

His results are largely ********.

The fact that he, or even a professor for that matter, would waste this amount of time on something that matters as little as this, really speaks volumes about the academic future of this country.

"Hey, instead of speaking to you about how to work the stock market, or manage your money, or how to balance a checkbook or online account...lets do a 120 hour survey about which college students play what video games and which teams they choose to play with!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're from the NW, right? If so, how many Falcons, Saints, Bucs, etc. fans could you have possibly encountered to have made such a conclusion?

Unless you're polling a very similar number of each teams' fans, you can't make a conclusion like that.

Seattle has 3 major universities with many students from every state. I'm from CA and I go to Seattle U. Most students I know are not from Washington.

Seattle has 3 major universities with many students from every state. I'm from CA and I go to Seattle U. Most students I know are not from Washington.

okay so how many falcon fans, saints fan, and buc fans did you interview, and how many lakers and seattle fans did you interview, if they are not all equal, then you got some skewedness.

okay so how many falcon fans, saints fan, and buc fans did you interview, and how many lakers and seattle fans did you interview, if they are not all equal, then you got some skewedness.

I admit it's not entirely scientific, but it's close enough.

It's like comparing two QB's completion %. As long as both of them tossed over 200 passes it's safe to compare. Such as if one threw 500 times and completed 45% of them and the other threw 350 times and completed 60%. We could make the assumption that QB #2 is a better passer.