Who are the Falcons really going to draft in Rd 1

vimto1501

I'd be happy with JL, but if Peria Jerry falls to us, i hope we take him. I want a DT or a DE that can either stuff the run or rush the passer. So DT or DE works for me, but definitely no CBs. Another player would be Michael Johnson from GT. I know people say he has motivation issues, but some coaches know how to light a fire under a guy and we do have plenty of Jaguars assistants that did just that last year (excluding Jamaal Anderson...his fire may be light this season).

I think we have a serious need at CB but i certantly wouldnt take a TE. Its rubbish to concider taking one in the first round when we have two very capable ones and are probably going to get L.J.

i agree with that. TE can be addressed much later if TD feels we need one more in the fold. I'd love to see a bunch of defensive picks in the first few rounds. it just makes sense.

Jerry is SAILING up the Boards. If he falls Absolutely we take him. (but he wont)

Here is one of my Mocks to illustrate that there are some very good picks

to be had. Without all of the hype.

1. DE Kruger, Could easily start by mid season (very realistic) PK version 2.

This kid has a Motor and does not give up on a play. Check him out.

2. DT Brace. Kid seems to be falling for whatever reason. (Gravy ver 2 minus 40 lbs)

3. OT Kropog or Fulton... Sorry Loadholdt is long gone by now.

4. OLB Freeman

5. ILB/OLB Follet Good Strength with exceptional speed

5b. FS Bruton a 6'2 219 FS and FAST......could be a Killer!

6. QB Bomar. Or BPA. Word is that there is a very good TE that is off the Radar, and

since this is a Nationally Prominent Board I will not mention him.

Cheers

i agree with that. TE can be addressed much later if TD feels we need one more in the fold. I'd love to see a bunch of defensive picks in the first few rounds. it just makes sense.

i like this thought. i think we have a very very capable offence, maybe draft a TE or WR in the later rounds. but we should definatly go defensive in the first say 3 rounds.

We need a high quality DE or DT. I think the priority is all about who is there. I think I will be disappointed if we go TE in rd 1. As I mentioned in another thread in 20 years we have only had 1 year with a top 10 defense. If it were not for the loss of Ryan I wish we had started on D last year. This franchise needs to put almost all of its focus on defense until we are in a situation where we are in the middle floating to the top 10 in some years instead of being on the bottom floating up to the middle. Until we do this we will never be a consistent participant in the playoffs.

Being at the #24 position I really only see two valid positions to adress in the first round and thats either a LB or a DT.

I think we would trade up in the first if we wanted a quality DT, cause imo theres a gap between the best two (Perry/Raji) and the rest of the crop. This will change based on whether we go for the anchor DT, or the run/passrush type DT.

Imo I think we will take a LB with the #24 pick. Could be one of the hybrid DE/LB types on the board.

Ok, this is just to try and see who people want the Falcons to draft in round one. I really dont want to get brandon pettigrew. Im saying either Alfonso Smith or James Laurinitus/Brian Cushing. Your thoughts?

Would't you just like to just be TD's personal hair gel man or something? just to get some kind of clue as to how he is thinking. i sure would :rolleyes:

Johnson from GT and DJ Moore from Vandy are my top two for where we are at. I feel like the DT from USC (I cant recall how to spell his name so I wont even try) could be a strong pick, as well as Brace from BC. I can see us going after either of them. As well as Coffman or Beckem so a first round DT or TE doesn't excite me because of where we are picking. I know Raji would be a better pick, or Jerry either one. But I completly disagree with trading up this year.