I know defense but I want....

I'd love Orlando Pace, 32 year old 7 time pro-bowl elite LT, if bake is healty ask him to play RT and have Pace on of the NFL's best OT's play LT, slide Dahl to G, Clabo hits the bench, Pace is a superstar and I don't know if he'd fit as it would slow the development of our OL. But Holt is amazing and I think for the same reason we will not pick him up we have some very good young recivers that we will develop into superstars, Brooks would have been a nice pick-up if he fit our scheme, I see him landing in Indy or Carolina.

Hands down, one of the best, and most intelligent receivers in the NFL. He knows the game. That's my big like on him. He would improve Matt Ryan more. Our receivers are just talent. Torry Holt goes beyond talent.

T. Holt slows the development of H. Douglas, R. White and M. Jenkins. J. Horn was brought in to "coach up" the WRs. He did a fine job. Im sure T. Holt could show them a thing or 2 but how much more than J. Horn a 4time probower?

T. Holt slows the development of H. Douglas, R. White and M. Jenkins. J. Horn was brought in to "coach up" the WRs. He did a fine job. Im sure T. Holt could show them a thing or 2 but how much more than J. Horn a 4time probower?

A whole lot more. Joe Horn was a show off also. Torry Holt is a man that comes to work, and does his job. If anything, he will speed up the progress for those guys. Like I said, we are just sheer talent at the wide receiver position. Brains will help your offense get better.

I thought about J. Jorn as well, but what happens when Torry realizes he won't be on the field all the time? Then we'll have another unhappy receiver because that's what Horn turned into. Horn would definitely be nice to have though; pro bowls and two super bowls (1 ring) means something in that locker room.

I think Holt is a great receiver. I think bringing him here would do more harm than good. First we have to pay him. Then we have to bring him in with our current WR's. These guys are probabaly at the point where they are developing a lot of chemistry and becoming pretty confident. I think bringing him in would possibly disrupt that chemistry. Then there is the fact that either he or another receiver will not be on the field. So that means someone is upset. I like the notion that he may help some guys, but I think our coaches and some on field experience will do nicely.

These guys are probabaly at the point where they are developing a lot of chemistry and becoming pretty confident. I think bringing him in would possibly disrupt that chemistry...

great point and we know if all of our WRs get it together this year, it will be even better for Matt Ryan.

I think Holt is a great receiver. I think bringing him here would do more harm than good. First we have to pay him. Then we have to bring him in with our current WR's. These guys are probabaly at the point where they are developing a lot of chemistry and becoming pretty confident. I think bringing him in would possibly disrupt that chemistry. Then there is the fact that either he or another receiver will not be on the field. So that means someone is upset. I like the notion that he may help some guys, but I think our coaches and some on field experience will do nicely.

Agreed on all points. Great post !

I'd love Orlando Pace, 32 year old 7 time pro-bowl elite LT, if bake is healty ask him to play RT and have Pace on of the NFL's best OT's play LT, slide Dahl to G, Clabo hits the bench, Pace is a superstar and I don't know if he'd fit as it would slow the development of our OL. But Holt is amazing and I think for the same reason we will not pick him up we have some very good young recivers that we will develop into superstars, Brooks would have been a nice pick-up if he fit our scheme, I see him landing in Indy or Carolina.

Pace can't stay healthy. We tendered Clabo at starters money, so he will play. If Pace is still kicking around in the next 2 months, I wouldn't mind signing him to a Todd Weiner/Wayne Gandy type role because that is something we sorely need.

Joe Horn has already done the mentor duty for our receivers. Holt is not needed

Hands down, one of the best, and most intelligent receivers in the NFL. He knows the game. That's my big like on him. He would improve Matt Ryan more. Our receivers are just talent. Torry Holt goes beyond talent.

u mean he went beyond talent. you should change it to past tense