Mock Draft and Analysis

#24- Peria Jerry DT, Ole Miss- I believe we go with Jerry here because of the need at DT. I know some are thinking OLB or FS. With the addition of Peterson and having Stephan Nicholas and Coy WIre fight out the other OLB spot I believe we are alright but will need to pick up and OLB in the Draft as well for competition. To me some of us on here are overlooking the DT position. Behind Babineaux were are relatively thin. We have Kindal Moorehead which has experience and is a pretty decent player and Jason Jefferson which Jerry would be a diffident upgrade over Jefferson. We have Trey Lewis which I think can be a very good player but the jury is still out on him because he is coming off knee surgery. We can't rely on Lewis to be our starter because we dont know how his knee will respond. To me DT is our greatest need and with a good defenses it always starts up front.

#55- Rashard Johnson FS, Patrick Chung FS, William Moore FS- I am really up in the air on which one. It will all depend on which one is left but I think we will definitely grab a Safety with this pick. Patrick Chung seems like the best pick who I think will still be available at #55. Chung will come in and compete with DeCoud for the starting FS spot.

#90- OLB- Kaluka Maiava USC- I believe Maiava is a very good LB that is overshadowed by Cushing, Maualuga, and Matthews. I read an Interview where Cushing said that Maiava is very underrated and thinks he will be a fine pro. Here is a quote from USC LB Coach Ken Norton Jr. " Rey Maualuga is my superman, Brian Cushing is my batman... Kaluka Maiava could quietly be better than both of them." Coming from your LB Coach and a very good player and 1st round pick Cushing you have to believe they know what they are talking about. Maiava will come in and compete at the OLB spot with Wire, Nicholas and Peterson. And when Peterson leaves or retires he will more than likely end up starting in a year or two.

4th round- Bradley Fletcher CB Iowa- Fletcher is a bigger corner standing at 6'1. With Houston and Grimes being a little undersized we dont have much height at CB. Chevis Jackson is a player I really like and believe he will be really good next year but with the loss of Foxworth bringing in Fletcher for some competition and possibly to end up starting wouldn't be a bad idea. Fletcher also has the ability to move to FS kind of like former Iowa CB Charles Godfrey did last year. Fletcher really came on strong as a senior last year and had a very good game in the East/West Shrine game.

5th round((from Oakland)- DE Orion Martin Virginia Tech- Orion is a very hard worker that has a non-stop motor. He would provide depth at the DE position and would be a pretty good pass rusher on 3rd downs.

5th round- Lydon Murtha OT Nebraska- Would provide depth behind Baker and Clabo. He seems to be in the mold of offensive lineman we are looking for. He had a really good combine and showed he was very athletic.

6th round- Ryan Purvis TE Boston College- Purvis was a very good target for Matt Ryan while Ryan was at BC. Purvis would provide depth at TE and would have a shot to make the team.

********************************************************************************

********************************************************************************

This was very well thought out. I hope you guys like it. This Mock is assuming the rumors and news that L.J. Smith is indeed finally coming to ATL. That is why I dont have us taking a TE like Coffman, Ingram, Casey in the early to mid rounds.

Thoughts?

BTW watch this highlight video of Peria Jerry it is very impressive.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

My bad I meant Johnson FS from Alabama(fixed now). I think Chung will still be there. The latest Mock Draft from Scott Wright of www.nfldraftcountdown.com has us taking Chung at 55. Jerry will be a 25 year old rookie. A little older than normal but I dont think it will be much of a factor.

#24- Peria Jerry DT, Ole Miss- I believe we go with Jerry here because of the need at DT. I know some are thinking OLB or FS. With the addition of Peterson and having Stephan Nicholas and Coy WIre fight out the other OLB spot I believe we are alright but will need to pick up and OLB in the Draft as well for competition. To me some of us on here are overlooking the DT position. Behind Babineaux were are relatively thin. We have Kindal Moorehead which has experience and is a pretty decent player and Jason Jefferson which Jerry would be a diffident upgrade over Jefferson. We have Trey Lewis which I think can be a very good player but the jury is still out on him because he is coming off knee surgery. We can't rely on Lewis to be our starter because we dont know how his knee will respond. To me DT is our greatest need and with a good defenses it always starts up front.

#55- Rashard Johnson FS, Patrick Chung FS, William Moore FS- I am really up in the air on which one. It will all depend on which one is left but I think we will definitely grab a Safety with this pick. Patrick Chung seems like the best pick who I think will still be available at #55. Chung will come in and compete with DeCoud for the starting FS spot.

#90- OLB- Kaluka Maiava USC- I believe Maiava is a very good LB that is overshadowed by Cushing, Maualuga, and Matthews. I read an Interview where Cushing said that Maiava is very underrated and thinks he will be a fine pro. Here is a quote from USC LB Coach Ken Norton Jr. " Rey Maualuga is my superman, Brian Cushing is my batman... Kaluka Maiava could quietly be better than both of them." Coming from your LB Coach and a very good player and 1st round pick Cushing you have to believe they know what they are talking about. Maiava will come in and compete at the OLB spot with Wire, Nicholas and Peterson. And when Peterson leaves or retires he will more than likely end up starting in a year or two.

4th round- Bradley Fletcher CB Iowa- Fletcher is a bigger corner standing at 6'1. With Houston and Grimes being a little undersized we dont have much height at CB. Chevis Jackson is a player I really like and believe he will be really good next year but with the loss of Foxworth bringing in Fletcher for some competition and possibly to end up starting wouldn't be a bad idea. Fletcher also has the ability to move to FS kind of like former Iowa CB Charles Godfrey did last year. Fletcher really came on strong as a senior last year and had a very good game in the East/West Shrine game.

5th round((from Oakland)- DE Orion Martin Virginia Tech- Orion is a very hard worker that has a non-stop motor. He would provide depth at the DE position and would be a pretty good pass rusher on 3rd downs.

5th round- Lydon Murtha OT Nebraska- Would provide depth behind Baker and Clabo. He seems to be in the mold of offensive lineman we are looking for. He had a really good combine and showed he was very athletic.

6th round- Ryan Purvis TE Boston College- Purvis was a very good target for Matt Ryan while Ryan was at BC. Purvis would provide depth at TE and would have a shot to make the team.

This was very well thought out. I hope you guys like it. This Mock is assuming the rumors and news that L.J. Smith is indeed finally coming to ATL. That is why I dont have us taking a TE like Coffman, Ingram, Casey in the early to mid rounds.

Thoughts?

BTW watch this highlight video of Peria Jerry it is very impressive.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I remember Orion. When I went to Norfolk State in Norfolk, VA I was trying to be a walk on just like him. He wanted to be a DE but the stupid coach made him a TE and then he transfered to Va Tech. I remember when me and him were about the same size, so I know personally he's a hard and determine worker. He also went to VMI (Virginia Military Institute before he came to NSU then VA Tech).

I'm not that excited if the draft come out like that. No Offense, but I hate this mock. I like the Bradley Fletcher pick. He is a project but he has the skill and speed.

The Kaluka Maiava pick is a bit of a reach. He is a solid player but we can do much better with the third.

This is my dream draft:

1. Larry English

2. William Moore

3. Antoine Caldwell

4. Sammie Lee Hill

5. Clinton McDonald

5. Frantz Joseph

6. TJ Lang