Halo 3 to have Zombies?

this is a desperate attempt to counter killzone 2's success. killzone 2 is a yer and ahalf newer and fresher, there for it has better A.I and graphics then halo 3, and microsoft and bungie are scared there going to lose customers...bottom line.

Well... The X360 is relying heavily this year on multiplatform games and expansions. There aren't really any new and good exclusives coming for it. They have to push their most successful game some more.

Halo 4 won't come out for a while, and will probably be a launch game for the next Xbox.

I'll play some ODST though.

Well... The X360 is relying heavily this year on multiplatform games and expansions. There aren't really any new and good exclusives coming for it. They have to push their most successful game some more.

Halo 4 won't come out for a while, and will probably be a launch game for the next Xbox.

It's a slow year for Xbox.

How can you understand zombies in GTA more than Halo?

How can you not? GTA is based on events that actually happens (no not GTA stories but mobs killing mobs, etc) in the world while Halo is based hundreds of years in the future with aliens and shields.

Besides, you would get more fun out of GTA zombies then Halo zombies anyways.

How can you not? GTA is based on events that actually happens (no not GTA stories but mobs killing mobs, etc) in the world while Halo is based hundreds of years in the future with aliens and shields.

Besides, you would get more fun out of GTA zombies then Halo zombies anyways.

So in a more realistic world zombies are more likely. But in a world in the future with space travel, crazy weapons, and aliens galore it is just not justifiable.

Makes plenty of sense.

So in a more realistic world zombies are more likely. But in a world in the future with space travel, crazy weapons, and aliens galore it is just not justifiable.

Makes plenty of sense.

Do you honestly see Halo as a Zombie game....come on...It doesn't make any sense at all. GTA would make more sense because Zombies can actually work in GTA unlike Halo.

That's like having Mass Effect with Zombies and Dead Rising with Geth Robots...both doesn't seem fit for it, like out of place.

Do you honestly see Halo as a Zombie game....come on...It doesn't make any sense at all. GTA would make more sense because Zombies can actually work in GTA unlike Halo.

That's like having Mass Effect with Zombies and Dead Rising with Geth Robots...both doesn't seem fit for it, like out of place.

I don't get your logic at all. GTA is realistic. Halo is all about aliens and whatnot and as someone said, the Flood were essentially zombies.

The Flood were undead and tried to infect others to grow the number of Flood. The Forerunners killed themselves in Halo thousands of years ago to starve the Flood and keep the number of undead from rising even more.

I don't get your logic at all. GTA is realistic. Halo is all about aliens and whatnot and as someone said, the Flood were essentially zombies.

The Flood were undead and tried to infect others to grow the number of Flood. The Forerunners killed themselves in Halo thousands of years ago to starve the Flood and keep the number of undead from rising even more.

GTA is realistic which makes it better for Zombie related, The flood is nothing more then just a alien taking and mutate human or other bodies, Zombies are dumb, they can't pick up weapons and shoot them, like the flood can.

GTA is realistic which makes it better for Zombie related, The flood is nothing more then just a alien taking and mutate human or other bodies, Zombies are dumb, they can't pick up weapons and shoot them, like the flood can.

So I guess what this boils down to is...you're saying zombies are real?

The flood are a parasite entity that scour the galaxy for any kind of creature with intelligence. Once it find those creatures, it deploys spore forms. These spore forms seek out those life-forms and overwhelm it, burrow into it's body, and then takes over it's host. The host is then mutated, but it remains knowledge of anything it had before it was killed and taken over.

Essentially, they are space zombies. Endless, mindless, feast on flesh, and mainly attack via close combat. They can take guns their host knew how to operate, but it was a rarity you found the flood wielding lot's of weapons. They mainly just swarmed you and attempted to maul you with the giant claw-arms they turned their hosts arms into. The spore carriers and the spore parasites were other baddies you dealt with.

EDIT: I hadn't actually read the website post until now. They are doing exactly what I had said earlier. It is a dedicated map and game designed to play the zombie game that was started back in Halo2. No different, Bungie just finally decided to completely employ it into the game.

-------

Q. What was the core concept behind Spooky House?

A. I wanted to make a Zombie map on Sandbox that would keep everyone in the same area and encourage the defenders to work together. While testing Sandbox we played quite a few Zombie games on the default layout and one of the biggest problems we encountered was that all the defenders would leave the middle area and hang out on the outer edge. If any of the Zombies got too close they could easily backpedal and kill the Zombies before they’d get anywhere near them. With Spooky House that’s not an option.

Q. Any special things you did to make it live up to its “spooky” moniker?

A. Using the different objects in Sandbox I tried to make it look as much like a haunted house as I could. I used wood bridges to board up the windows and the gloomy effect to give it a spookier feel. In the gametype I created, the Zombies are forced to the color white and I believe a 25% transparency to give them a ghostly look.

Q. Why did you choose the “Sky Bubble” as the space you wanted to build in?

A. I really didn’t want the defenders to have any reason to leave the Spooky House. If you do leave, you’ll soon find that there isn’t anywhere to go but down, plus you’re just going to make it easier for the Zombies to get you. This was also the best way I could get the Zombie spawning to work with the mancannons.

Q. Is this only a Zombies variant, or do you envision it could be utilized for other gametypes?

A. I guess you could potentially play a King of the Hill game on it with each floor being its own hill. One gametype I wasn’t able to do was Ghostbusters. I wanted to switch the spawning so the Zombies started in the house and the defenders had Sentinel Beams. Sadly the Sentinel Beam isn’t an option for starting weapons.

Q. One of the prominent features of Spooky House is its multiple vertical layers. Why did you decide to build upward instead of outward?

A. I wanted to give the players as much play area as possible in such a confined space and making the house multiple stories just made sense. I also wanted the defenders to be able to set up defense on any floor, so as the defense breaks down they can move to higher ground. Finally, the roof is meant to be a sort of “last stand” area where you can have the option to abandon ship and jump to the ground floor, but then you’ve got a house full of zombies and nowhere to go.

Q. What about the Mancannons? Seems some fling Zombies to the tip top and others send them to the base and force them to make the climb through the more dangerous inner sanctum. Was that intentional?

A. The mancannon thing came from another map I made, Cubed. I had them on opposite sides and they would send the player up to the top level but I found that if you hit them wrong you’d be sent flying into a wall. When I started making Spooky House I thought it would be cool to make the Zombies fly in from different directions. The mancannons at the back of house were a replacement for some tunnels I originally had there. As far as having Zombies be able to reach the roof, that part wasn’t planned but I decided to leave them in. While testing the map we found that for some reason we didn’t respawn there as much as we would at the other two, so consider yourself lucky if you spawn there.

Q. What would you say sets Sandbox apart from its warehouse predecessor, Foundry?

A. Well, after discussing this with the rest of the ForeArm team, we came up with a pretty simple answer: EVERYTHING. It’s bigger, it’s better, and it’s nearly limitless.

-------

this is a desperate attempt to counter killzone 2's success. killzone 2 is a yer and ahalf newer and fresher, there for it has better A.I and graphics then halo 3, and microsoft and bungie are scared there going to lose customers...bottom line.

Sounds like you two should have read a little more into the article before you jumped to the conclusion it was a "desperate" attempt to copy a PS3 exclusive by Bungie and Microsoft.

It sounds like they are making the custom game Zombies, that was created years ago by fans on Halo 2, into an actual mode on Halo 3.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I was just going to post this. You guys must not play Halo to overreact like this. Zombie (Infection) games have been part of Halo for a long time; long before the time of the other games mentioned. There won't be actual zombies. It's a matchmaking playlist and custom maps to go along with them. Sheesh.