Mike Peterson on Sirius

Clark

Hey all, just listened to a great interview from Adam Shine and Solomon Wilcots with Mike Peterson on Sirius.

There really wasn't too much of substance in the interview but i will sum it up.

- Was asked about the situation with Del Rio last year. He said that it was a case of not seeing eye to eye with the coach and he feels it was blown out of proportion by the media. Said the hardest part of free agency was having to answer questions about it because he has never had a problem with a coach before that and he doesn't want something like that to tarnish his name. He really turned it into a positive.

- Said that he considered a few different teams but always came back to Atl because of Smith and other coaches. Said that having such an "explosive" offense was something else that influenced him

- He said that he is excited to be playing with Will linebacker spot. Said that he is most comfortable outside. He also said that he never would have been in the inside if Del Rio didnt ask him to do it at Jacksonville.

- Said he is really excited to be in atlanta. He kept saying how much of a high class chise it is. He mentioned he loves the fact that he whole city is behind the team and that there is always talk about the falcons. Makes him feel like its a college town.

Like i said, not a whole lot of substance but the reason it was such a great interview is because you could really hear the excitement in his voice to play for the birds. He really sounds jacked up and ready him some people.

- Said he is really excited to be in atlanta. He kept saying how much of a high class chise it is. He mentioned he loves the fact that he whole city is behind the team and that there is always talk about the falcons. Makes him feel like its a college town.

Is this how bad of a football town Jacksonville is? That it makes Atlanta look like a pro football city??? Wow!

- He said that he is excited to be playing with Will linebacker spot. Said that he is most comfortable outside. He also said that he never would have been in the inside if Del Rio didnt ask him to do it at Jacksonville.

Now maybe the Maddenites will finally STFU about him not being able to play outside. <_<

Yeah. I would LOVE to have him here for depth but I don't think Chicago is letting him get away.

Can't blame them.

He's not the fastest guy in the NFL but he busts his butt.

It's good to see that he doesn't stutter anymore when he speaks. Glad to see he got help with that.