Matthews schedules Falcons workout

atljbo

Link

Scout.com's Ed Thompson has learned that USC LB Clay Matthews will visit the Atlanta Falcons after USC's Pro Day on April 1st. The gifted linebacker has been one of the fastest risers on draft boards and he's positioned himself to possibly be taken at the end of the first round.

Ehh i still dont think he is first round worthy

i kinda understand what u mean....... i like clay matthews but to be real the man was a 6th round pick before this year...... i would take clay matthews in the 2nd round but i dont know about the 1st round.... Matthews does not have the production

Matthews production this year was not outstanding either

He was a one-year starter. right? That worries me, but I do trust the staff. I don't think he'll be the pick though.

He didnt start some games in 2008 to but the deal is how hard is it to start at lb for usc this year?Very hard!Its a allstar cast at lb there.One of the best lb corp I have ever seen in college football this year.I think hes a mid 2nd round guy.Lofton was a early 2nd so I could see clay going mid 2nd or later.1st round is a bit high but hey if dimi sees a diamond do it!

No. We can hold off OLB for this draft. Get a solid 3rd/4th round pick for OLB. We have bigger needs (S and DT).

The problem is that we won't have a DT or S (unless you want Delmas) on the board at 24 worth a 1st round grade. Unless of course Jerry falls to us, but he isn't the type of DT we need.

i kinda understand what u mean....... i like clay matthews but to be real the man was a 6th round pick before this year...... i would take clay matthews in the 2nd round but i dont know about the 1st round.... Matthews does not have the production

Matthews production this year was not outstanding either

I like him and I would be happy to see us take him in the second.

The reason the falcons want Clay Matthews are that the guy is versatel he can play all three line backer position ....plus the guy;s disruptive when playing off the edge and makes a ton of plays in the back field....he"s just and all around play maker where ever the ball is he's going to be their... he's rated at # 24 over all in the draft so it looks like TD and company are spot on when it comes to the draft... and with his versatility he's just what the falcons could use to be a contender for years to come ....... I feel we will take him with the first pick..GO FALCONS================================

Clint Sintim from VA would be a better pick.

I don't get it what's up with all the USC hype. Clay was not even the top LB on his team and

does not have much starter time.

If CLINT SINTIM is there at 24 we need get him.

He wasn't a LB in the USC defense. He was a DE

keep those overrated USC players away from this team

USC players know how to win. it may have been on the collegiate level, but winning is winning. USC defenders show up and i'm sure they won't draft a guy that Mike Smith or Ray Hamilton don't believe can be molded into an every down player. aaaaand, do we really NEED them to be every down players? rotation seems to be the next big thing once again in this league. just ask the Giants.

The reason the falcons want Clay Matthews are that the guy is versatel he can play all three line backer position ....plus the guy;s disruptive when playing off the edge and makes a ton of plays in the back field....he"s just and all around play maker where ever the ball is he's going to be their... he's rated at # 24 over all in the draft so it looks like TD and company are spot on when it comes to the draft... and with his versatility he's just what the falcons could use to be a contender for years to come ....... I feel we will take him with the first pick..GO FALCONS================================

As long as we don't pass on a better player in a bigger role such as a big time DT that we need to get him I am good with it. But I don't realy see TD making that kind of blunder no matter what he decides to do...