TE Chase Coffman

Chase Coffman 6'6" 245 lbs

Chase Coffman is flying under the radar right now and could be a steal in round 3. As a prospect, he is one dimensional as a receiving TE but can develop his in-line blocking while sitting behind Peele and Hartsock for a year. He has GREAT hands and racks up yards after the catch.

Check out the highlights.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

just because he hasnt been known to block doesnt mean he cant block. I'm sure he has tons of tape of him as a blocker that we've never even seen. regardless, you get the most bang for your buck with coffman. you know he can stretch the field, and is a big-time competitor. his hands, toughness, and football IQ should go unquestioned. He'd instantly become Matt Ryan's security blanket as he was so many times for sporadic passer Chase Daniel.

just because he hasnt been known to block doesnt mean he cant block. I'm sure he has tons of tape of him as a blocker that we've never even seen. regardless, you get the most bang for your buck with coffman. you know he can stretch the field, and is a big-time competitor. his hands, toughness, and football IQ should go unquestioned. He'd instantly become Matt Ryan's security blanket as he was so many times for sporadic passer Chase Daniel.

Agreed........although I would prefer a tight end after the 3rd round, if he's there in the 3rd and they take him, it wouldn't bother me at all. I've always liked him but never realized how athletic the guy is. Seems to be a taller version of Dallas Clark. The offense would be unstoppable with him.

Imagine this....3rd and 4.....Roddy White....Michael Turner.....Chase Coffman......you can't take them all away.....pick your poison!

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Chase is a clone to Witten, and thats what we need. I would take Chase in the second because I think he is that good. I think Chase is the best TE in the draft.

Hmmm....interesting.....to me, for some reason, I think that Witten is less athletic than Coffman and bulkier. Coffman looks much more fluid, looks faster, and definately quicker. That's why I compare him more to Clark, even though he is about the same size as Witten..I think.

Chase Coffman 6'6" 245 lbs

Chase Coffman is flying under the radar right now and could be a steal in round 3. As a prospect, he is one dimensional as a receiving TE but can develop his in-line blocking while sitting behind Peele and Hartsock for a year. He has GREAT hands and racks up yards after the catch.

Check out the highlights.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

It doesn't take that long to learn to block guy.

He seems to think that he is participating in the hurdles or something. He is going to have to learn to lower those pads on some of those plays, he might get injured trying to hurdle NFL tacklers. I like the guy I dont see us trying to get him in the 2nd, especially since we may pick up LJ. If we dont get LJ i would love to see if he falls to us the 3rd or 4th.

You know Chase Coffman was a very productive football player in college especially for a TE link

1/5/09: Chase Coffman really made a case for himself of being a first-round pick. He finished the year with 90 receptions, 987 yards and 10 touchdowns. He had four games with at least 10 catches.