FSU on probation is hurting it's chances with a number of recruits.

SacFalcFan

The P-word is scaring some of Florida State’s top recruiting targets. “FSU is not as high as they were with me because of probation,” said Newnan safety Alec Ogletree, who is considered Georgia’s No. 1 prospect with 33 early offers. “Florida State was my childhood favorite. I’m still open to them. I’m just not sure about getting involved with any program on probation. We’ll just see how it all plays out.”

Gainesville’s Blake Sims has been offered by FSU as a dual-threat quarterback. “That hurt me a lot when they got on probation because I was so high on them. My feelings have jumped back a little bit. I want to go to a school where I can trust everybody on the coaching staff. If I go to a school that has been put on probation, I don’t feel like I’d be able to trust them.”

According to the AP, Florida State’s athletic program received four years probation from the NCAA and will lose scholarships in football and may have to forfeit games because of a widespread academic cheating scandal involving all 10 sports.

“Florida State dropped down a lot with me because they got in all that trouble,” said Loganville tailback Storm Johnson, who has 10 offers. “They have a great program, but I don’t think I want to be any part of that.”

Lowndes offensive tackle Ed Christian is one of two juniors that have committed to Florida State. He said he intends to remain loyal to the Seminoles, at least for now. “I guess if you do bad things, then you deserve the punishment. I’m not worried about probation, though. It doesn’t affect me. Other schools have been talking to me, but FSU is the school where I want to be at, no matter what.”