Mel Kiper jr: 24th pick - 6'7 266lbs DE Michael Johnson (Georgia Tech)

atljbo

Mel Kiper has us drafting Michael Johnson....... I like the pick..... Like the Giants and Patriots has showed us that a great D-Line rotation is very very important.

I know that allot of you are not Michael Johnson fans but this guy will be a good DE in this league...... I'm not just going off his measurables... The guy has a elite burst, first step, and speed for a DE...... His height is just a added bonus.......

Michael Johnson game is better suited for the pro game...... Coach Hamilton will coach this guy up

johnson(1).jpg

image_8519946.jpg

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mel Kiper has us drafting Michael Johnson....... I like the pick..... Like the Giants and Patriots has showed us that a great D-Line rotation is very very important.

I know that allot of you are not Michael Johnson fans but this guy will be a good DE in this league...... I'm not just going off his measurables... The guy has a elite burst, first step, and speed for a DE...... His height is just a added bonus.......

Michael Johnson game is better suited for the pro game...... Coach Hamilton will coach this guy up

[

I would love for us to draft Michael Johnson. If he's actually there, we'd better get him.

That pick would make alot of sense.

The self proclaimed Mock xperts always like to throw in a homer pick whether the player is a hometown guy or used to play for a certain coach in college. I have only seen Johnson in one maybe two games and he was OK to non existant. Only TD and his scouts can have a good feel for his value. It's a shame the Falcons probably need to draft a DE high after only 2 years but with Anderson not performing up to expectations and Abraham only in on passing downs it may be better to pick sooner rather than wait for the problem to come up. I would still rather see a DT in round 1 but it all depends on best player available from positions needed.

I haven't seen a lot of Johnson so I can't offer much of an opinion. However, what we're hearing about this guy reminds me a lot of what was said about Anderson before we drafted him. That hasn't worked out well for us. I trust TD will do his job and actually check out any guys we're targeting.

He'd only be like 215 pounds without his neck, just saying. :ph34r:
Seriously, why is his neck so long? He gets an extra 5 inches from that thing.
His daddy is a giraffe and his mom is a snapping turtle.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't read these before I responded.. Those are hilarious.