Things in mock drafts that make no sense

I guess that I agree with you. A third round pick, to a GM that wants to build his organization through the draft, means a great deal. I find it hard to believe that we are going to draft a Safety to "upgrade" beyond DeCoud. Coleman was also a new addition under this GM and turned out to be a great reclamation project. As far as I can see, Safety is not a major concern, except for the lack of depth at the position.

If we draft a Safety, I am expecting us to take one during day two, not day one.

i feel like decoud is a better fit at FS, but what would be the problem with a decoud/hamlin duo at S in a couple years? i dont see any issue with that.

-Mr. Offseason

I dont feel like any Safety in the draft would come in and start over Decoud, who was a 3rd round pick, has been through a Mini-camp, OTA's, preseason, a season of practices, and did an outstanding job on ST. I do believe that we will move Coleman over to SS and Decoud will play FS. I think that if we dont draft a Safety it will be in the second to take over for Coleman at SS eventually.

I guess that I agree with you. A third round pick, to a GM that wants to build his organization through the draft, means a great deal. I find it hard to believe that we are going to draft a Safety to "upgrade" beyond DeCoud. Coleman was also a new addition under this GM and turned out to be a great reclamation project. As far as I can see, Safety is not a major concern, except for the lack of depth at the position.

If we draft a Safety, I am expecting us to take one during day two, not day one.

Me too, we have our starters at SS and FS on the team.. What we're lacking is depth.